The song of your life?

Started by LigerJet, October 24, 2006, 12:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LigerJet

:kirby Hehe.  So, what's the song of your life, as it has been for as long as you have lived so far, for a long period of time, or currently?  Mine would be Nemo, by Nightwish.  It's a beautiful song about depression, trying to search for light in darkness.  That's how I've felt now for years, since my teenage years.  I have mostly overcome my depression, being much better now than I used to be, but it's still there, and sometimes, it comes to the surface.

DigitalMan

When asked for a theme song, or a favorite song, I always get tripped up by my massive music library. It's hard to choose just one; music is a major part of me. But the song of my life? There's an easy one. And you know it has to be...

"Digital Man" by Rush.

Cogidubnus

Sailing to Philidelphia, Mark Knopfler.

Superficially, it's a song about Jeremiah Dixon and Charlie Mason, the guys who made the Mason-Dixon line.
On a deeper level, it's about hope.

"Now your a good surveyor Dixon
   But I swear you'll make me mad
   The west will kill us both
   you guillible Geordie lad
   You talk of liberty - how can america be free?
   a Geordie and a baker's boy, in the forest's of the Iroquois.."

"Now hold your head up Mason, see America lies there
   The morning tides have raised the capes of Delaware
   Come up and feel the sun!
   A new morning is begun
   Another day will make it clear
   why your star should guide us here.."

Freedom is hope, and liberty is inherently dangerous. But, do not despair - come up and feel the sun!

thegayhare

I think "Mad World" by tears for fears might fit me

"I feel its kinda funny and I feel it's kinda sad
That the dreams in which I'm dieing are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you things that I find hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very mad world"

Zedd

Bohemian Rapsody by Queen fits me very well

Faux_Pas

Hard question to answer, because of my mostly orcastrated tastes... but if I had to pick something to discribe me, it would be "RIP SLYME - Strange", simply because im dynamic, and tasteful... <3 (Or so I think)

Cvstos

It changes every few years, but at the moment I'd have to say "Lost Realist" by Trapt to be rather fitting. 
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Alondro

It's hard to say because I have a huge number of old favorites... which I am too poor to get cuz I'd have to buy an iPod.   :<   But "Across the Universe" by the Beatles has been a major favorite of mine for 26 of my 30 years, even before I knew who sung it.  Something about it just appeals to me, its poetry, the flow... it's, like, cosmic maaaan.... *becomes trippy on wormwood and mugwort vapors*  :mowdizzy

*note:  see Wikipedia article on potential psychotropic properties of the above-mentioned plants to understand.   Ha!  I made you all learn something about botanical biochemistry!  :mowtongue
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Miaka

gyah, so hard to answer. @.@

It could change depending on the mood. Only one that's coming to mind at the moment is "Schandenfreude" from Avenue Q.
Perhaps "Anything Is Possible" by Essence, just because of how fun and out there the lyrics are, but... meh.
I dunno.
I'm weird.

Creativity

insanekaosx

Favorite songs of mine change every other day, but theme song.... I don't think I've ever SERIOUSLY thought about that.

*looks through playlist, and reflects*

I'll get back to you

RJ

Captain Planet theme song, definitely.

Joking, joking :)

It's 'Happy People' by Skoop on Somebody :D

Supercheese

The Super Mario Bros. theme song.  :yasrsly

:ipod

Jim Halisstrad

Harvey Danger: Flag Pole Sita

This song is and always will be my theme song.

James StarRunner

Hmm... Three way tie I think.

By Wierd Al:

It's all about the Pentiums
White and Nerdy

By Simple Plan:

Welcome to my Life

Kasarn

Calypso by Spiderbait
Picard's Lament by Something for Kate
What The Fuck by Machine Gun Fellatio

There are plenty of others I could pick though... these just came to my mind first.

Aridas

*watches a few people mention their favorite song instead of what song suits them* D:

Hilary

"Adam's Song" by Blink 182. It's kind of depressing, yet still has a happy feel to it (for me, at least).

I never conquered, rarely came
Sixteen just held such better days
Days when I still felt alive,
We couldn't wait to get outside
The world was wide, too late to try
The tour was over, we'd survived
I couldn't wait till I got home
To pass the time in my room alone.

thegayhare

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 25, 2006, 02:23:17 AM
*watches a few people mention their favorite song instead of what song suits them* D:

*shrugs*
some poeple need more then one song since life is a fluid thing and not just a static situation

For me mad world fits everyday life because day to day my life doesn't change much...  not in the big things anyway.

Clinicly depressed, I don't make enough to afford my meds, I make to much for any medical assistance (I do quality for food stamps though... how backwards is that)

So to me the world does seem quite mad

RJ

How can you not say 'Happy People' doesn't suit me?  :< If I wanted to say my favourite song (currently) is the Bananaphone song.

Zedd

Quote from: RJ on October 25, 2006, 10:37:57 PM

How can you not say 'Happy People' doesn't suit me?  :< If I wanted to say my favourite song (currently) is the Bananaphone song.

Oh dear...Makes me wonder why Mab hates me now...That fae was testy with that tune already

RJ

I usually pick things based on how annoyed it makes other people.  :mwaha

I kinda failed with the Bananaphone thing though... My father and brother now have it as their ringtones... And it's the Osakaphone version at that.

DigitalMan

This is a good thread to find new music... *alternates between lyrics sites and downloading*

Except the Bananaphone song. I regret looking that up now. It's stuck in my head, make it stop! Makeitstopmakeitstopmakeitstop...

Slavkei

Somedays, Somedays, Somedays just ain't so easy.

Wake up look around,
just before your feet hit the ground.
Where they meet the oil and street,
is where you stand and where you sleep.
Black and whites,
alarms and lights.
Plain clothes and Miranda rights.
At the right place but in the wrong life.
Somedays just ain't so easy.

<Chorus>

It's not the fault of anyone,
as we revolve around the sun.
We sleep beneath the same sky,
but we all see it through different eyes.
So if you go or if you stay,
standing still or if you walk away.
If you bend or if you break,
somedays just ain't so easy.

<Chorus>

They just ain't so easy.
(Someone may have done you right or done you wrong.)
They just ain't so easy.
I don't care for somedays.

Someone may have done you right or done you wrong,
or kept you down from the day you were born.
There's no need to apologize for the riot in your eyes,
because somedays just ain't so easy.

<Chorus>

Audioslave - Somedays

Aridas

Quote from: RJ on October 25, 2006, 10:37:57 PM

How can you not say 'Happy People' doesn't suit me? :< If I wanted to say my favourite song (currently) is the Bananaphone song.
I'm not talking about you :3

Tapewolf

After much soul-searching I've come down to three pivotal pieces of music:

* Karn Evil 9 (first impression) by ELP - I've been listening to this for about 14-15 years now after I found a clip of it on one of my Dad's tapes.  The carnival, with all its incredible and grim wonders somehow springs to mind every time I pull off some kind of miracle.  "Not content with that, with our hands behind our backs, pull Jesus from a hat, get into that, get into that!"

* 'Funeral Music for Queen Mary' by Henry Purcell, as arranged and performed by Walter Carlos.  Most people know this as the opening credits from "A Clockwork Orange" by Stanley Kubrick.  Like Peter Gabriel, Larry Fast and many others before me, this piece of music suddenly made me realise what synthesizers were for.

* 'The Travelling Man's Theme' and 'Liberation' by George Fenton, from the film "The Company of Wolves".  This haunting piece will always signify the moment I realised that wolves are actually a really good idea.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LigerJet

Quote from: thegayhare on October 25, 2006, 08:06:43 PM

*shrugs*
some poeple need more then one song since life is a fluid thing and not just a static situation

For me mad world fits everyday life because day to day my life doesn't change much...  not in the big things anyway.

Clinicly depressed, I don't make enough to afford my meds, I make to much for any medical assistance (I do quality for food stamps though... how backwards is that)

So to me the world does seem quite mad

Mmmm, that's why I said up to this point in your life, or currently, what is the song of your life. ^^;

KarlOmega1

Lets see... there are a few that suits me sometimes:

"Wake me up inside"- Evanescence

"Numb"- Linkin Park

"It's my life" - Bon Jovi

"What I'm made of" -Crush 40, for "Sonic Heroes" last story boss stage "Metal Overlord"
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

ITOS

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on October 27, 2006, 03:14:11 PM
"Wake me up inside"- Evanescence

"Numb"- Linkin Park

"It's my life" - Bon Jovi

I love you. :hug

Well, at least your music taste. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

thegayhare

It's odd my song was played as part of a comercial for the new game Gears of war...

It go me thinking so I went looking

There are two versions of the song  same lyrics but differnt pacing and music  so I'll share both with you

Here this ones more... crazy Illustrated by scenes from paranio agent... it fits very well and is well done

and this one is sad it's done to FMA and like the other very well done with some suprising conections made