What's with the time-warping?

Started by Tiger_T, November 03, 2006, 03:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger_T

The forum posts display date/time codes from the future. aka: 4.11.2006  :erk

So.. anyone else got the same problem?
It's annoying because it messes up my read/unread post tags.

EDIT:
Screenshot. (Note that I'm on forum-time +7)

Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Aridas

DigitalMan

Yup, looks to be happening for everyone. Apparently, I will have been posting tomorrow. Let's do the time warp agaaain! :ipod

I also got an error telling me I had posted within the past 30 seconds (and therefore couldn't post again), but it only happened once.

Unfortunately, Damaris is away on AIM, and DMoon's been idle for 7 hours. Who the hell spends 7 hours away from their computer? D:

Roureem Egas

Good. I thought I was going blind last night. I sent a PM to Amber about this, but it seems she pretty much left a short while later. But then, it was late where she is.

But yeah, it's annoying. The forum can't seem to register the "mark as read"...thingy.

Tiger_T

Maybe the forum-date was offset by a day or something... :rolleyes
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Aridas

Everything got temporarily set for somewhere near 1-2 AM EST tomorrow... and I guess it'll only get marked as read once that time passes here? o.O

DigitalMan

That's probably the case, it must have a flag for the last time each board or topic was visited, which it uses to calculate whether it's been read or not. So by late tonight/early tomorrow, it should all be fixed.

It'll all be fine in the morning :B

Suwako

The Time-warp, it be anoying.

:B

Be gone!

Zedd

Not to mention it looks like some system fell asleep at the wheel

Damaris

I'm going to check into it as soon as I get home.  I'll have more questions for you all then.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Stygian

Why al this banter? People have lives, you know. Not all of us like them, but...

Creativity

Dont you go to your profile... and set your timezone... so that it tells you what time the posts were made in your time...

I had to tinker with mine a bit... but I got it  :kirby

Damaris

All right- I've made inquiries, and am just waiting on a response.

From what I can tell, I think it was a glitch and that everything is back to normal, just that several posts were made in the "future."  Once we get past tomorrow, "Mark As Read" should work fine.

People are always welcome to e-mail me at Damaris148[at]yahoo[dot]com.  I don't have my public AIM name up while I am at work, although I do keep a private one up so that I can be grabbed by the other mods in an emergancy.

I'll keep you all posted.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

God-Beast

may i e-mail you to ask you how are you going? >:3 (insert off topic smile here)

xHaZxMaTx

Jim Halisstrad

Damaris

It hates you all ;)

Let's give it until the 5th, and see what happens.  If it pursists, I'll call the server company, otherwise I do think it was a localized glitch.

Kasarn

Tiger_T

It just lurks in a dark corner and waits that you drop your guard.
:mwaha

Thanks, Damaris.  :3
Tigriel's got a guest:

Zedd

It really took the biscuit didnt it Tig?

Creativity

I just learned a valuable lesson... think before I talk D:

Arcalane

Do the Time Warp!

*dances* :boogie

King Of Hearts

You call that drag? I'll show you how to do drag.

*dances Groove Thing*

Ah... classic Drew Carrey moments...