Blog link : l.f.j.

Started by Saist, November 01, 2006, 07:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saist

All right... I'm kinda nervous about linking this since it is.. well... selfish, at best. But there have been some events recently (in the past couple of days) that have rendered me completely jobless.  I don't know how many people want somebody who is really only good with Tech Support... but I don't know if it would hurt to link. Anyways, if you just want to point and laugh or look : http://zerias.blogspot.com/2006/11/ouch-i-guess-im-lfj-now.html

DigitalMan

D: Competition! *sabotages your attempts*

But seriously, I see that you've gone to what appears to be a vocational school, couldn't that land you a job? I assume you're looking for work in places besides a forum full of lunatics, right?

Saist

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 01, 2006, 08:51:48 PM

But seriously, I see that you've gone to what appears to be a vocational school, couldn't that land you a job? I assume you're looking for work in places besides a forum full of lunatics, right?

well, its more of the "friend of a friend of a friend" strategy. I may not know anybody directly whose looking for someone good with technical support. However, someone else might. Like I said, I'm not very sure of linking this since it is... well, selfish. But if it lands anything or opens any potential doors, then maybe it was worth it.

Damaris

If you want to work toward finding a new job as well, then your resume needs serious help.  As a hiring manager, I would not bother reading it- it's just too long, and too dense text-wise.  If you want me to shoot you over the info I hand out at my resume workshop class at work, or want more specific help, let me know.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Saist

Quote from: Damaris on November 01, 2006, 11:13:55 PM
If you want to work toward finding a new job as well, then your resume needs serious help.  As a hiring manager, I would not bother reading it- it's just too long, and too dense text-wise.  If you want me to shoot you over the info I hand out at my resume workshop class at work, or want more specific help, let me know.

it would be appreciated. I'm good at fixing computers, not writing resume's   :tired

DigitalMan

Quote from: je.saist on November 01, 2006, 09:58:28 PM
Quote from: DigitalMan on November 01, 2006, 08:51:48 PM

well, its more of the "friend of a friend of a friend" strategy. I may not know anybody directly whose looking for someone good with technical support. However, someone else might. Like I said, I'm not very sure of linking this since it is... well, selfish. But if it lands anything or opens any potential doors, then maybe it was worth it.

Nah, I wouldn't consider it selfish. It's not a bad idea. Unfortunately, the people I know that need tech support don't know they need tech support, like my grandfather. And then I get paid every time I fix his computer after he does something stupid :P So you're probably looking for a friend of a friend of someone besides the DigitalMan. Ohio is my territory! Mine! *barks and growls at random passer-bys*

Although, I'll give you a call if I ever need help with a Mac. *hisses* Eeeviill...

Truth be told, the resume did look odd. I have no idea how to write one myself, but it could use more organization. I'm sure Damaris is quite qualified to help you with that one :3

I wonder if your qualifications could land you a job at a company-run place that fixes computers. There used to be a Gateway store around here where we took our old computer. Hehe, they unknowingly taught me how to hook up two hard drives... haven't needed their service since >:3 But many people still do, so there must be stores like that around somewhere.

OH! Or Geek Squad at Best Buy! I'm betting that would work nicely.

Damaris

I do enough research on resumes and job hunting that if I wasn't teaching a class, my employer would probably be freaked out. ;)

I'll try to remember to e-mail those handouts to you tomorrow, saist.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears