Mab? Not entirely a cat?

Started by LigerJet, October 25, 2006, 05:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roureem Egas

'K, I see it now. I originally thought it was her other leg.

More procrastinating for now.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 25, 2006, 11:05:46 PM
Quote from: DigitalMan on October 25, 2006, 10:59:26 PM
Always handy to have people around that know every single page by heart, no matter how creepy that may be  :tongue
It helps when you're a part of the DMFA Radio Project.

Yeah. Or if you have the scripts on hand. Which reminds me, I really need to update those... :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Saist

* je.saist devises an easy test for Mab and Catness, and lays out some Mouse-Burgers, Rat-Fries, Catnip-Shakes, and some Catnip-Brownies.

If she goes for them, she's a cat.

if she doesn't, we go from there  :mowwink

Jack McSlay

flat tail... maybe she's a beaver >:3
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

DigitalMan

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 25, 2006, 11:05:46 PM
Quote from: DigitalMan on October 25, 2006, 10:59:26 PM
Always handy to have people around that know every single page by heart, no matter how creepy that may be :tongue
It helps when you're a part of the DMFA Radio Project.

Alright, then that makes it not creepy :P

According to the cast page, Mab is, and I quote, a "Fae-Kitty." Don't get much clearer than that. Does it?

ShiningShadow

I think Mab's comes from the mow the tail and such definitenly. I think the mow is somehow is the descendent of Mab's but evolved.

Aridas

Quote from: Prroul on October 25, 2006, 10:56:42 PM
Mab is not a Cat, although she has a lot of feline features.

She is a Fay creature, a being of the Faerie, born of magic and possessing inherent magical properties. As such, she has some features different than most felines... the antenna and tail being the two most visible.
Dude. Species and race are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. arr?

Quote from: ShiningShadow on October 26, 2006, 07:10:06 AM
I think Mab's comes from the mow the tail and such definitenly. I think the mow is somehow is the descendent of Mab's but evolved.
Mows are ARTIFICIALLY CREATED CREATURES and therefore not really evolved or descended from anything. any resemblance they bear to their originally intended creature is a fluke. Stupid beanie-cubbies.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 26, 2006, 07:30:40 AM
Mows are ARTIFICIALLY CREATED CREATURES and therefore not really evolved or descended from anything. any resemblance they bear to their originally intended creature is a fluke. Stupid beanie-cubbies.

Close.  According to #363 they were made from Mab's genetic material in the hair/fur sample which Pede stole, so they are in effect a (very) flawed copy of Mab, hence the similarity.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

Yeah. But they still weren't actually born in any ordinary way, which was the point I was trying to make.

Zedd

Its like what if I tryed to clone Ari with marshemellows

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 25, 2006, 10:45:05 PM
Quote from: Twist on October 25, 2006, 10:38:57 PM
Quote from: DigitalMan on October 25, 2006, 10:30:33 PM
Actually, Mows were created from Mab, assuming that one part of the comic was canon. Now where was it...

There was a comic where a reader asks to see an anthropomorphic/furry Mow and Amber shows a picture of Mab (who waves and says Hi), and then Ambers head explodes or something to that effect.

That was what I was going off of, don't feel much like browsing the entire archive for it though, because it could be anywhere.
Or it could be right here: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_578.php
Huzzah for Lemmings!  It's a good thing Amber had the umbrella, or she'da gone 'splat!' :lol
Quote from: Twist on October 25, 2006, 11:18:39 PM
Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 25, 2006, 11:14:42 PM
I don't see a tail there. Not on Mab's mommy, anyway.

The flattish yellowish thing leading down from her butt?
It looks more like a platypus tail.

ShiningShadow

I think she's the donor and the mows are her offspring a flawed representation of her. In the sense of copying her the mows first appeared. I think something in her DNA is preventing anyone to make an exact copy of Mabs.

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 26, 2006, 07:36:31 AM
--snip--
Close.  According to #363 they were made from Mab's genetic material in the hair/fur sample which Pede stole, so they are in effect a (very) flawed copy of Mab, hence the similarity.

Quote from: ShiningShadow
I think she's the donor and the mows are her offspring a flawed representation of her. In the sense of copying her the mows first appeared. I think something in her DNA is preventing anyone to make an exact copy of Mabs.

<.<

ShiningShadow

Roureem Egas

Just remember that "donor" implies that Mab willfully helped to create them.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 27, 2006, 12:12:13 PM
Just remember that "donor" implies that Mab willfully helped to create them.
Oh yeah I forgot that detail well the sample was taking without her knowledge. But I know tha t DNA had to be there as a safety percaution.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: ShiningShadow on October 27, 2006, 11:57:45 AM
When I first read that, I though it said perverting, as opposed to preventing. :lol

ShiningShadow

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 27, 2006, 12:16:17 PM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on October 27, 2006, 11:57:45 AM
When I first read that, I though it said perverting, as opposed to preventing. :lol

I did wrote preventing sorry it came out that way.

Zedd

Im hoping someone needed stealthly steal that sample or have no brain wave like someone Keep it up Fry....You'll get it soon..

GabrielsThoughts

In some parts of the southern united states we sometimes refer to skunks as pole 'cats' and most people in the U.S. think skunks are felines anyway.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aridas

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 27, 2006, 12:02:04 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 26, 2006, 07:36:31 AM
--snip--

Quote from: ShiningShadow

<.<
It's just too bad that they used a beanie cubbie. That just mucked the whole thing up, and no Mab clones ;.;

DigitalMan

*ponders* Wait... Look at how many Mows there were... Does that mean they intended to make that many Mabs? That would be a veritible army... I'm scared :c

Aridas

I don't know. It might've been a malfunction, like how they're indestructible. I know mab probably isn't.

Zedd

Mows reproduce like tribbles..Asexualy

Aridas

Zedd

Good point..TOo much chaos with them around as it is...

ChaoSynergy

Quote from: Zedd on October 27, 2006, 03:29:56 PM

Who put the Mows in the Quadrotriticale?

Zedd

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on October 27, 2006, 06:14:28 PM
Quote from: Zedd on October 27, 2006, 03:29:56 PM

Who put the Mows in the Quadrotriticale?

Not I! But dont totally believe my theories..Im am not totaly 96% rock soild proofed...Im just mainly guessing and the reproducing of themsall would be Amber herself...The true creator! *flees off to Zoonis house*

ITOS

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 27, 2006, 03:29:40 PM
... like how they're indestructible. I know Mab probably isn't.

I don't know, Fae seems to be able to escape death.

Quote from: Demonology 101[/url] It does seem though that death on the plane of Furrae is only temporary as there have been many Fae who supposedly died but later return...

Maybe with antimatter...
This generic comment was brought to you by: