Mab? Not entirely a cat?

Started by LigerJet, October 25, 2006, 05:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LigerJet

Yeah, stupid simple topic.  I just didn't want to hijack another topic. She's listed as a cat...I thought she's a squirrel.  Is it just a fae-kitty tail?

Zedd

Well if you must know..Shes a long haired persian type of cat...Some of them have floofy tails

Aridas

Mab is well known for the superfloof. I think in the past the tail was shown with extra thick fuzz, but its recent appearances have been squirrelly.

Rafe

The tail is floofy, yes, but the shape is all wrong for a cat or even a squirrel - too flat.  What Mab has is a classic Chuck Jones Skunk Tail, a la Pepe Le Pew.  Amber might try to say otherwise, but don't believe her. 
Rafe

Magic

..wow. Now we're doubting Mab being a cat?

Heheh. Heheheh. This is so going into a comic someday.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Zedd

Quote from: Ink on October 25, 2006, 06:00:07 PM
..wow. Now we're doubting Mab being a cat?

Heheh. Heheheh. This is so going into a comic someday.

Dont do it sir or we be doomed! D:

llearch n'n'daCorna

We've been doomed for years. What's going to change that now? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

i am a doomed voyager myself since i have never returned home.  but i still wonder what Mab is exactly. I've see her as a cat a squirrel and a carousel horse.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

LigerJet

...Carousel horse?  Did I miss something?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

thank you for saving me the time of finding it. i still think that one was pretty funny though
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Jack McSlay

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

bill

I think Mab's a cardboard cut-out.

LigerJet

A cardboard cut out to hide what? :O  ...and how could I forget the carousel horse thing?

Twist

Quote from: LigerJet on October 25, 2006, 05:06:04 PM
Yeah, stupid simple topic.  I just didn't want to hijack another topic. She's listed as a cat...I thought she's a squirrel.  Is it just a fae-kitty tail?

Mab is an anthropomorphic Mow, she has a Mow tail.

http://www.missmab.com/Demo/mows.php

RJ

There's only been one sighting of a squirrel in the comic (as far as my ego knows).  :paranoid

DigitalMan

Actually, Mows were created from Mab, assuming that one part of the comic was canon. Now where was it...

James StarRunner

Quote from: RJ on October 25, 2006, 10:29:43 PM
There's only been one sighting of a squirrel in the comic (as far as my ego knows).  :paranoid
Lucky, lucky RJ. There is a shortage on squirrels though. But seeing as quite a few characters are based on other people's characters and most of those either being canine or feline... Well, the squirrels haven't had much screen time. There was one other squirrel though... The GRENADE SQUIRREL! Oh man, I just realized that I use grenades too... I don't sound as origional anymore...

Zedd

Twist

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 25, 2006, 10:30:33 PM
Actually, Mows were created from Mab, assuming that one part of the comic was canon. Now where was it...

There was a comic where a reader asks to see an anthropomorphic/furry Mow and Amber shows a picture of Mab (who waves and says Hi), and then Ambers head explodes or something to that effect.

That was what I was going off of, don't feel much like browsing the entire archive for it though, because it could be anywhere.

Twist

Quote from: Zedd on October 25, 2006, 10:37:38 PM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_363.php You rang DM?
So Mows have a Mab tail?  :boogie

I should have read that one more carefully, didn't realize the sample was from Mab.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Twist on October 25, 2006, 10:38:57 PM

There was a comic where a reader asks to see an anthropomorphic/furry Mow and Amber shows a picture of Mab (who waves and says Hi), and then Ambers head explodes or something to that effect.

That was what I was going off of, don't feel much like browsing the entire archive for it though, because it could be anywhere.
Or it could be right here: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_578.php

Twist

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 25, 2006, 10:45:05 PM
Quote from: Twist on October 25, 2006, 10:38:57 PM

Or it could be right here: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_578.php

:yeahthat 

Yay; more poof that reality is contiguous, and that my memory isn't in fact playing tricks on me.

Prroul

Mab is not a Cat, although she has a lot of feline features.

She is a Fay creature, a being of the Faerie, born of magic and possessing inherent magical properties. As such, she has some features different than most felines... the antenna and tail being the two most visible.

Zedd

Its sad Pede and his partner where never seen agaian :|

DigitalMan

Always handy to have people around that know every single page by heart, no matter how creepy that may be  :tongue

But yeah. Mows are de-anthro'd Mabs.

And Fae, like beings and most creatures, are based off something specific. Azlan is a Fae, he's very clearly a fox Fae. As far as I know, Mab is indeed a feline Fae; I can't explain the tail, though.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Prroul on October 25, 2006, 10:56:42 PM
Mab is not a Cat, although she has a lot of feline features.

She is a Fay creature, a being of the Faerie, born of magic and possessing inherent magical properties. As such, she has some features different than most felines... the antenna and tail being the two most visible.
And Dan's a cubi, but both he and Mab are still feline.

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 25, 2006, 10:59:26 PM
Always handy to have people around that know every single page by heart, no matter how creepy that may be  :tongue
It helps when you're a part of the DMFA Radio Project.

Twist

I forgot.

Mabs parents!

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_544.php

I think she gets the tail from her mother's side....

(looks for stirring pot emoticon)

Roureem Egas

I don't see a tail there. Not on Mab's mommy, anyway.

Twist

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 25, 2006, 11:14:42 PM
I don't see a tail there. Not on Mab's mommy, anyway.

The flattish yellowish thing leading down from her butt?