2024-09-16 - DMFA #2135 - It was a wedding gift from Alexsi's grandmother.

Started by Starcat5, September 17, 2024, 02:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

And to honor today's update, I will marathon all four seasons of The Slayers. For clarity, I refuse to acknowledge Revolution-R as two separate seasons. 26 is the full and proper length for a season, but somewhere along the line they scaled it back to 13. Then 7. Then 6. And very recently, only 3. 3 isn't a season Disney, it is an OVA collection!  >(
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Starcat5 on September 17, 2024, 02:18:13 AMAnd to honor today's update, I will marathon all four seasons of The Slayers. For clarity, I refuse to acknowledge Revolution-R as two separate seasons. 26 is the full and proper length for a season, but somewhere along the line they scaled it back to 13. Then 7. Then 6. And very recently, only 3. 3 isn't a season Disney, it is an OVA collection!  >(

Makes me wonder how Star Wars: Clone Wars (by which I mean the truly spectacular mini-series by Genndy Tartakovsky) would rate on your definition of proper seasons: 20 episodes for the first volume, then 5 (albeit somewhat longer) episodes for the second volume.

Hariman

HAH!  I understand that reference. :)

Slayers was a ton of fun.

Also, "Vascectomizer" is a single word weapon name to surpass "The Throngler".

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on September 17, 2024, 04:12:31 AM
Quote from: Starcat5 on September 17, 2024, 02:18:13 AMAnd to honor today's update, I will marathon all four seasons of The Slayers. For clarity, I refuse to acknowledge Revolution-R as two separate seasons. 26 is the full and proper length for a season, but somewhere along the line they scaled it back to 13. Then 7. Then 6. And very recently, only 3. 3 isn't a season Disney, it is an OVA collection!  >(

Makes me wonder how Star Wars: Clone Wars (by which I mean the truly spectacular mini-series by Genndy Tartakovsky) would rate on your definition of proper seasons: 20 episodes for the first volume, then 5 (albeit somewhat longer) episodes for the second volume.

Genndy's 2D Clone Wars is basically a movie prequel to Revenge of the Sith, and if you watch them both together Revenge of the Sith makes SO much more sense.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Drakkenmensch

Wow, Mab even increased her boob size to keep her Naga cosplay as accurate as possible!

Cassi-kun

Okay, first? OW.

I'm ineligible for a vasectomy and it STILL hurts to look at that thing!

Second, I think this - the tradition of keeping her mother's weapon - is the most we've actually heard about Alexsi's mom beyond that she was slain fighting Aniz and was an Amazon?
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!