2024-07-22 DMFA #2129 I see...

Started by Cassi-kun, July 22, 2024, 01:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi-kun

So, Ahnora and Mehlata were originally from Trik'Na. That's a curious piece of trivia to know.

I'm guessing, now, that Trik'Na is where Aliph's failed spell went off. It does seem to make sense, after all - if the Undead are going to congregate anywhere, their existing homes would make the most sense, yes?

I'm looking forward to learning about Mehlata's initial death...

and whether Ahnora knows it was Kria who killed her for good.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Drako

Are Ahnora and Mehlata conjoined?  Because that's what it looks like.

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Starcat5

Quote from: VAE on July 22, 2024, 11:43:55 AMNo, they're just tail-holding

After close examination of the (mental) image, I can't be sure. The scale colors shift from his to hers well before being lost behind the rest of their coils. I am now picturing a nightmare scenario where their nervous systems are broadcasting in both directions. Every sensation. EVERY sensation. Puberty alone would have been Hell for them both.  :erk
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Drako on July 22, 2024, 11:33:31 AMAre Ahnora and Mehlata conjoined?  Because that's what it looks like.
I believe Mehlata is shown to have a natural tail tip in the story wherein she tries to kill Kria

Tuyu

He proposed to Hennya hours before she was murdered?

They sounded so deep in wedding plans it seemed more like weeks.

Merlin

Cassi-kun

Chairtastic

Quote from: Drako on July 22, 2024, 11:33:31 AMAre Ahnora and Mehlata conjoined?  Because that's what it looks like.
I think so, you can see where each other's scales merge into one another.

Mehlata's scales are noticeably duller than when she was last shown, so it could be that they separate when they reach adulthood?

Or those snake-heads on their heads aren't part of them, but developing children?  And they reproduce by budding.

Insufficient information!  But still cool!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Cassi-kun on July 22, 2024, 03:34:16 PM
I believe Mehlata is shown to have a natural tail tip in the story wherein she tries to kill Kria

Yeah, her tail seemed normal, apart from the lack of flesh. Amusing as Chairtastic's polyp hypothesis is, I see no indication that Ahnora and Mehlata were ever joined end to end or otherwise connected to each other in any way beyond emerging from the same birth canal.

Viking ZX

Could be symbolic maybe? Abel's memory showing how close they were? I dunno.

But this does help explain why Mehlata was so determined to kill Kria. Old grudges, but not entirely ill-founded. Bet she had no idea how tight Abel was with Kria at the time, though.
I'm an author! Check out my site!