2024-07-29 - DMFA #2130 - Sorry for everything

Started by Tapewolf, July 29, 2024, 04:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Can he issue some kind of statement or send a message on his behalf?  At least open the lines of communication with them.
After all, this is really kind of stalling - once he's an outpatient and set up in an apartment, it's going to be a lot harder for him to dodge.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chairtastic

We can't discount the possibility that Abel is totally correct in his assessment.  We don't know much about this person, we've only seen two pictures of them, both of which are really out of date and they haven't appeared on screen.  Three hundred years and change is a long time -- they can have changed.

Glenn Griffon

I've made the joke before of "Pain and Abel" but good god does that boy need a seriously dedicated, immortal therapist to help him process his agony and suffering

Liatai

He does, and Seme's clan have been trying to reach out to him... unsuccessfully, it seems. Abel. Abel, lad, that's the danger of hiding. You don't need to hide from help... though oof, I can definitely understand the baggage making that difficult.

Does he know Seme's clan has been trying to reach out? He hasn't exactly tried to make friends at the academy, pushing everyone away... but there's so much we don't know about this situation.

We, the audience, know that Seme's clan has some of the best therapists in the world. Does Abel? Does he just assume that they're trying to make ties due to his ancestry -- ancestry he's had nothing but horrid experiences with? Maybe he's just never been ready to try to face this stuff... you can't force it, unfortunately. It takes vulnerability to open up to therapy, and that may just be too dang scary.

And also, he's got enough issues that he might have been to therapy. And this is where he is trying to work with what he learned there, in the real world. The Hizell experience would knock ANYONE into a backslide mentally, much less someone with Abel's trauma!

... tl;dr this is a wonderfully emotional page and is activating all my instincts to wrap Abel up in the softest blankets.

Viking ZX

Yup, definitely Hizell bringing centuries of trauma to the surface, whether successfully worked through previously or not.

He needs a hug, and a therapist, stat!
I'm an author! Check out my site!

Merlin

Quote from: Merlin on August 01, 2024, 05:47:25 AMwrt the news post, HELL YEA WHERES ME WALLET

So much this! Getting to know more about the Librarian will definitly be a good time! :D

I actually had the wallpaper as my desktop background for years. Always found her an extremely interesting and unique character - so I'm gonna be thrilled if there'll be more information about that species.

Hariman

Apparently the cast has opened another vein of awkward.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!