2024-06-26 - DMFA #2127 - I liked that boulder. That was a nice boulder.

Started by Liatai, June 26, 2024, 11:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liatai

I get to start a thread?! Wow! I've never done this before!  :eager

Oh wow, a couple of revelations here. Mehlata was kin to Ahnora, who was Hennya's fiance? Hennya who was slaughtered by Aniz?!

And now I'm curious about one particular arrow. Oolong. Why is Oolong so mad at Jin?! X3

Form_Goblin

Everyone hating Aniz for what they did, YEP
The back and forth angry between Jinn, Fa'Lina, and Kria.  Blame and anger for what happened
Hennya's relation to the later attempted assassination on Kriya is an intriguing reveal.  With her assassin's death, have we seen the last of that?
Oolong the library mythos...  having beef with Jinn?  Is curious to say the least.  We know Jinn has kept her members at the academy post dragon war, and the only member we know is Mink.  Is this why Mink felt uncomfortable around Oolong?  Does Oolong blame Jinn for that?  Why's a librarian mythos have beef with the "Let's found hospitals" healer clan leader?

And then there's Malle, who... BENEFITTED?  At best I can think of "My relatives Al and Kria look bad, so I look better", at worst "I can make business opportunities off of this tragedy!"  And being the only one who benefitted?  Because Alph and Kria looked bad?  Or "Wow Malle, you did that to benefit?  We're demons, but daaang even we have standards"
Dig the chart Amber.  References to the old lore.  Tidbits of new threads.  Consider me intrigued, much to Abel's likely chagrin
Edit/PS: ONE of the hottest scandals?  I'm now curious what was possibly contending with Aniz's nonsense.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Form_Goblin on June 26, 2024, 11:43:56 PMEdit/PS: ONE of the hottest scandals?  I'm now curious what was possibly contending with Aniz's nonsense.

As, oddly enough, am I. Same for what stake Oolong and Jin have in this whole sodding mess

joshofspam

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on June 27, 2024, 12:21:19 AM
Quote from: Form_Goblin on June 26, 2024, 11:43:56 PMEdit/PS: ONE of the hottest scandals?  I'm now curious what was possibly contending with Aniz's nonsense.

As, oddly enough, am I. Same for what stake Oolong and Jin have in this whole sodding mess

In that line of thinking, could Abel being forbidden in the library be related in some way to those feelings?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Merlin

i love dark peg's nerd glasses

the glasses themself arent nerdy, he is

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: joshofspam on June 27, 2024, 01:45:57 AM

In that line of thinking, could Abel being forbidden in the library be related in some way to those feelings?

I'm unaware of any connection between Abel and Jin that would account for such a thing.

Form_Goblin

Quoting Fa'Lina https://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_009.php
Jin was working with Zinvth to open a children's hospital, and that was ruined because of what Aniz pulled.  It's not spelled out why, but Zinvth discovering a longtime citizen of theirs was in fact, a murderous Cubi who did horrible stereotypical Cubi things likely shattered any interest they had in working with Cubi.
Maybe Jin then blaming Fa'lina and thinking she should have done more to prevent the rise of Aniz.  Oolong...  Either some history between the two we're unaware of at time of comic, or in defense of Fa'lina kind of beef? 

Chairtastic

Chair has two theories.

There are three sets of twos in the graph, one we know to be a set of siblings, all of them at least imply a relationship.  Aliph is lower than Kria, which could mean that the other two pairs have the elder at the bottom with the younger higher up.

This is all setup for the theories.

One:  Oolong is part of Fa'Lina's family, perhaps a parent for one of her deceased clan members, or a sibling of Fa'Lina herself.  We know nothing about Oolong's mythos species other than they are astral powerhouses.

Two:  Fa'Lina is of the gay.  Oolong is of the gender/sex that Fa'Lina is of the gay for.  Perhaps they's an item?

Merlin

Quote from: Chairtastic on June 27, 2024, 09:14:44 PMFa'Lina is of the gay.  Oolong is of the gender/sex that Fa'Lina is of the gay for.  Perhaps they's an item?

Hmm well I am now shipping them regardless

Chairtastic

Quote from: Merlin on June 28, 2024, 03:03:45 AM
Quote from: Chairtastic on June 27, 2024, 09:14:44 PMFa'Lina is of the gay.  Oolong is of the gender/sex that Fa'Lina is of the gay for.  Perhaps they's an item?

Can we expect to see a "You are gay for Fa'Lina/Oolong" in your avatar rotation soon then?

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Chairtastic on June 28, 2024, 12:42:48 PM
Quote from: Merlin on June 28, 2024, 03:03:45 AM

Can we expect to see a "You are gay for Fa'Lina/Oolong" in your avatar rotation soon then?

That would be interesting to see.

Starcat5

All that world building, and all I can think is "how is Abel going to react when he realizes that the political fallout is already old news, and the Family Friend angle, by way of 'I should have been his Legal Guardian!', really is her primary motivation?"
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Liatai on June 26, 2024, 11:07:02 PMI get to start a thread?! Wow! I've never done this before!  :eager

Oh wow, a couple of revelations here. Mehlata was kin to Ahnora, who was Hennya's fiance? Hennya who was slaughtered by Aniz?!

And now I'm curious about one particular arrow. Oolong. Why is Oolong so mad at Jin?! X3

I was super interested in realizing they were related. Maybe we're going to get a little more into Mehlata's history as well. Seeing her on this page, I wonder if her becoming an Undead was perhaps due to a failed attempt on Aliph's life that got her killed.

As for Oolong, maybe she felt Jin didn't push hard enough to get the hospital built after Zinvth first denied it?
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Cassi-kun on July 02, 2024, 01:58:49 PMAs for Oolong, maybe she felt Jin didn't push hard enough to get the hospital built after Zinvth first denied it?

Interesting thought. If only we had some way of finding proof.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on July 02, 2024, 04:05:52 PMInteresting thought. If only we had some way of finding proof.
I'm hoping to see the entire diagram expanded on, though it's unlikely to be a prompt and straightforward unwinding. Meeting Ahnora won't likely lead us immediately to Mehlata's plots and deaths, and so on.

Though looking at it again, I have to say I'm honestly surprised at the idea of Jin hating someone. Mink is always such a happy squiggle, but he's also our only representative of his clan in terms of the comic itself.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

VAE

Hmm, my two cents are that... Malle indeed benefitted from the snafu 'exposing' Aliph and Kria as incompetent, what with the two branches of the family being in competition. All the "If I've been in charge this wouldn't have happened" political posturing you get IRL even.

As for Jin, her reasons are pretty obvious - hospital plans have been foiled and Fa'lina kinda eats the blame, not the least for not packaging Aniz up when he's shown up in a nice gift wrapper and handing him to Zinvth.. or better to a Jin clan rep so they can try and restore what happened? I mean, it would be a very un-Fa'lina thing to do but that's exactly what happens if you try to be equal-opportunity friendly and nice - everyone is going to assume you cut slack mainly to the person who wronged them.

As for Oolong being pissed off at Jin... it's clear to be because Jin is pissed off at Fa'lina, but like, I throw my hands up speculating at what the relationship is between those.

As for Mehlata, I feel that was just one step in a long, attritive battle against her sanity - I mean, so her relative lost his fiance due to Soulstealers, she caught tthe undeath due to the Soulstealers, and then the Soulstealers tried to acquire Trik'na from under her feet? Looks like her problems had a very pointed common denominator.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth