2019/09/04 [Key 23] - That's a bad sign

Started by Tapewolf, September 04, 2019, 09:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

"If the artifact starts glowing, run.  Thousands of cultists could be saved each year if they just followed this simple advice."

I dunno, maybe Key is about to be granted three wishes.  But the way it's changing their eye colour is... well, the last time we saw something like that, we lost a character.
Talking of which, if that blue glow is Cerenkov radiation, Key is due for a date with Altair.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on September 04, 2019, 11:05:19 AM
Remind me when that was, would you?

Not sure I really want to link to Loki's death, it's still a bit too soon.

Puyon

I am... 80% sure the necklace won't kill Key. The other 20% says "well that was a quick comic".
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on September 04, 2019, 02:02:02 PM
I am... 80% sure the necklace won't kill Key. The other 20% says "well that was a quick comic".

I'm not convinced it will either.  But if it did, this is what it would look like.

That said, Sierra Noir is a bona fide example of Merlin getting sick of a comic and ending it quickly.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 04, 2019, 11:15:26 AM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on September 04, 2019, 11:05:19 AM
Remind me when that was, would you?

Not sure I really want to link to Loki's death, it's still a bit too soon.

I don't recall her eyes changing colour, just the pupils disappearing.

Lying Foo

I think this is the part where Jules and Vince come for her.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Merlin

Oh I definitely rewrote the story for this one partway thru because I realised the original idea wasn't going to work so well. Curses, because I've been waiting since uni to use that original idea...

But it's going to end up roughly the same length as what I originally envisioned, just different!

and yes key has green eyes, dying doesn't change your eye colour (unless you're heterochromatic?? havent really worked that one out yet)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on September 05, 2019, 03:25:50 AM
and yes key has green eyes, dying doesn't change your eye colour (unless you're heterochromatic?? havent really worked that one out yet)

The fact that Key no longer has pupils is the cause of my concern, the change in eye colour is second fiddle.  I'll admit the first post wasn't written clearly because it was rewritten halfway through when I noticed the missing pupils.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 05, 2019, 03:37:47 AM
Quote from: Merlin on September 05, 2019, 03:25:50 AM

The fact that Key no longer has pupils is the cause of my concern, the change in eye colour is second fiddle.  I'll admit the first post wasn't written clearly because it was rewritten halfway through when I noticed the missing pupils.

Ah. Glad we cleared that up then.