2019/09/06 [RE 63.51-53] - Rumbled

Started by Tapewolf, September 06, 2019, 07:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, that could be awkward, unless Jake manages to lie his way out of it, which is his domain, after all.  Jinx is unlikely to take the news well that his patron killed his friend for basically no reason.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Puyon

Jake has stated "I cannot tell a lie" which has, throughout Random Encounter, proven to be the case. I don't remember how long ago Merlin said it, but she mentioned something about Jake making a bad deal.

Still he manages to deceive people by being vague and letting them work with their own assumptions. He's pretty good at manipulating people without having to tell lies. Something that's very interesting about his phrasing is that he cannot "tell" a lie. So he can still lie via omission. Or disguising himself. Wonder how he managed making such a deal anyhow...

Whatever the case, if he intends to answer Saturn with words, he'll have to tell her the truth.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on September 06, 2019, 07:00:06 PM
Jake has stated "I cannot tell a lie" which has, throughout Random Encounter, proven to be the case. I don't remember how long ago Merlin said it, but she mentioned something about Jake making a bad deal.

In Fall 76, he's very clearly lying that he wasn't attempting to steal Gaea's bell.  However, if you're correct that some kind of geas was laid upon him, this would probably be before that happened.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E