2019-06-17 Trans

Started by killpurakat, June 16, 2019, 11:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

Been looking forward to Biggs, mostly because I have a number of trans friends, and I love seeing them represented. Not much else to say... again, want shirt! But that's nothing new by now.  :3

I also like that Biggs is incredibly intelligent, and that most of his character seems to be based around that. He isn't just in it for power, revenge, or his friends, he is honestly thinking on a world-scale level of consequences and changes, which makes him more or less a genius, and I love a genius, evil or otherwise.  :boogie

(I especially love that when he needed a different name, he went with the name his mother would have given him if his gender had been different at birth. It just feels like a tiny, but awesome, little touch. :) )

berkinix

I agree! Must have all the shirts! Speaking of shirts, has Biggs ever worn one in-comic? After his transformation, I mean. He looks pretty darn good in one, might I add, and for some reason, at least the one he's wearing here, still seems to go with his style.

Puyon

Hell Yeah been waiting on this page. I'm bookmarking this page. I Will have it ready.

But I love the point Amber was making on this page that being trans is not Biggs's defining character trait. Remember when Biggs's flashback was happening when he got Mab's boon and everyone was theorizing how he used it to change genders? What the hell was that.

Biggs is a super cool character and my favorite in the comic, mostly for his moral complexity and his ability to manipulate situations in his favor. Being trans, a thing I am too, is just like a huge bonus on the favorite character front, and also why I will be super defensive every time someone clowns about his gender.

Really, his gender is the least complex part about him. He is a man named Biggs. Fullstop.
...By Puyon

The One Guy

Quote from: berkinix on June 17, 2019, 08:09:07 AM
I agree! Must have all the shirts! Speaking of shirts, has Biggs ever worn one in-comic? After his transformation, I mean. He looks pretty darn good in one, might I add, and for some reason, at least the one he's wearing here, still seems to go with his style.
Biggs wore a shirt (or rather a hoodie) when he visited the hospital (Pages 1759-1762).

ProfesseurRenard

killpurakat

Quote from: Puyon on June 17, 2019, 09:22:33 AM
Hell Yeah been waiting on this page. I'm bookmarking this page. I Will have it ready.

But I love the point Amber was making on this page that being trans is not Biggs's defining character trait. Remember when Biggs's flashback was happening when he got Mab's boon and everyone was theorizing how he used it to change genders? What the hell was that.

Biggs is a super cool character and my favorite in the comic, mostly for his moral complexity and his ability to manipulate situations in his favor. Being trans, a thing I am too, is just like a huge bonus on the favorite character front, and also why I will be super defensive every time someone clowns about his gender.

Really, his gender is the least complex part about him. He is a man named Biggs. Fullstop.

I am 110% in agreement with you. I actually didn't jump into that previous conversation because I wasn't sure I could be civil. It was incredibly insulting the way so many people automatically jumped to "trans character will use wish for trans purposes because TRANS!"

I think that's one of the strengths of Amber's characters. They are so unique, with so many aspects of their personality, that their sexualities and romanticisms are usually the least interesting things. Heck, Aaryanna's favorite food (toast) is totally more interesting than most of this stuff (does she like it plain? Blackened/burnt? Buttered? Holy HELL! Does she eat MARMITE with it???  :erk SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!).

BTW, I have all these Pride Posters (I guess that's what they are?) saved to my phone/iPad photos for future reference if needed. :) Totally with you on bookmarking and having this READY.