2019-02-11 [DMFA #1902] - Out of the loop

Started by Tapewolf, February 11, 2019, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

To be fair, it's possible that the link between Dan and Abel isn't widely known.  On the other hand, they may just have assumed he already knew...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drakkenmensch

I don't know what's more terrifying for Dan: details of what happened to Abel or the thought of Warp Aci flinging rubber bands everywhere.

ProfesseurRenard

Need a way to entertain themselves after delivering the papers, eh?

Dishonored

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on February 11, 2019, 08:56:42 AM
Need a way to entertain themselves after delivering the papers, eh?

Before, after, during...
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Cassi-kun

Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on February 11, 2019, 05:19:13 PM
Probably not well.

Depends whether Mink focuses on the fact that Abel has been maimed, or the fact that he survived at all, which is unprecedented good fortune.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cassi-kun

I think more than anything Mink would probably want to be by Abel's side. My brain is overloaded lately so I'm full of what-ifs, but even on a more rational basis, between Hizell being the culprit and Abel being in Zinvth I can see this really getting through Mink's usual happy demeanor.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 11, 2019, 05:34:58 PM
Probably not well.

Depends whether Mink focuses on the fact that Abel has been maimed, or the fact that he survived at all, which is unprecedented good fortune.

Good point.

Tuyu

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on February 11, 2019, 10:04:46 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 11, 2019, 05:34:58 PM
Probably not well.

Good point.
Or, maybe, on the idea that Abel hasn't been brought back to the Academy for medical treatment?  With so many people being aware, someone must have suggested it before now, which suggests Fa'Lina may have nixed the idea.

And I would guess Mink also didn't want to be the first to tell Dan...

Chocogewah? Oh... are choco-tacos considered good or bad around here?

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tuyu on February 11, 2019, 11:23:58 PMOr, maybe, on the idea that Abel hasn't been brought back to the Academy for medical treatment?  With so many people being aware, someone must have suggested it before now, which suggests Fa'Lina may have nixed the idea.
My guess is more that he was in too sensitive a condition for the hospital to allow anyone else to take him & Fa'Lina didn't want to simply kidnap him, and once he was awake his request against visitors meant Fa'Lina hasn't had the opportunity to actually ask him if he wants to return to SAIA.