2019-02-04 [DMFA #1901] More Grumbling

Started by Rafe, February 04, 2019, 05:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

I can't help but think that Dan has very mixed feelings about this news.  Dan isn't a coward when it comes to defending his friends, but on the other hand, he isn't exactly Mr. Action, especially when it comes to really powerful creatures like Hizzel.  I assume he's a least going to try to get some news of what's going on. Whether this is possible or not, especially with Fa'Lina possibly keeping close tabs on him, is unknown. Maybe he'll try to get some third party to help him out.
Rafe

Tapewolf

I wonder if Abel doesn't want his friends near him because he doesn't like the fact he feeds on misery, and that's liable to be a consequence of seeing someone all broken up like that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 04, 2019, 05:49:20 AM
I wonder if Abel doesn't want his friends near him because he doesn't like the fact he feeds on misery, and that's liable to be a consequence of seeing someone all broken up like that.

An interesting hypothesis.

MT Hazard

Add to that the fact Dan feeds on pain and there could be issues.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Prroul

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 04, 2019, 05:49:20 AM
He's also probably concerned about being used as a stalking horse to draw out high-value targets, and doesn't want any of his friends getting caught in the crossfire.

Which, to be fair, he probably is. Hizel is trying to draw out Destania. And if Hizel knew about Dan... well, that's going to definitely be a 'high value target' if ever oh ever there was one.

And of course, that's kind of what she's trying to tell him. Go back to the inn, go back and visit Abel... you're going to get spotted, and targeted.

Alondro

No!  Dan, you MUST confront Hizel!  Only then will you learn the TRUTH!!

Hizel:  Fa'lina never told you what happened to your father.

Dan:  She told me enough!  She told me you killed him!

Hizel:  No, I am your father!

Dan:  That's... actually impossible. Like, completely impossible.

Hizel:  Lol, yeah.  I totally ate him alive and he screamed all the way down, like a little girl... which I also ate!

Dan:  ... You're actually Satan, aren't you.

Hizel:   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Alondro on February 05, 2019, 08:52:19 AM

Hizel:  Lol, yeah.  I totally ate him alive and he screamed all the way down, like a little girl... which I also ate!

Nice parody.

CompassArisen

Quote from: Alondro on February 05, 2019, 08:52:19 AM

Is there a nonchance that destanias father was a dragon.
I thought I remembered a bit where Cyra was a companion to dragons in her plan.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: CompassArisen on February 05, 2019, 11:25:24 PM

Highly unlikely. I'm too lazy too look up the actual page where she said so, but Amber stated that when two Creatures have children, the kids will almost always be of the race of the more powerful parent. So if Dee's father was a dragon, she would probably have been a dragon herself.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: CubiKitsune on February 06, 2019, 12:11:38 PM

Highly unlikely. I'm too lazy too look up the actual page where she said so, but Amber stated that when two Creatures have children, the kids will almost always be of the race of the more powerful parent. So if Dee's father was a dragon, she would probably have been a dragon herself.

There's a whole section on half-breeds. Here's the section dealing with dragons: http://www.missmab.com/Demo/HG08.php

Tuyu

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on February 06, 2019, 05:48:15 PM
Quote from: CubiKitsune on February 06, 2019, 12:11:38 PM

There's a whole section on half-breeds. Here's the section dealing with dragons: http://www.missmab.com/Demo/HG08.php
Shapeshifter? On both sides? Plus, "Exceptions are there, of course...but that should be expected."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on February 07, 2019, 02:16:12 AM
Shapeshifter? On both sides? Plus, "Exceptions are there, of course...but that should be expected."

It seems to be a matter of power difference.  e.g. a 'Cubi in Piflak's line may have a 99% chance of having a 'Cubi child with a demon.  With a clanless 'Cubi [and a demon partner] it might be more like 5% or less.   (Numbers pulled from rear).  With Aniz, who was the sole survivor and has no Leader, he was so weak it may have been 50-50 whether he'd have a 'Cubi child even with a Being.

Now the thing about M'Chek was that he was a top-tier dragon, someone who was almost as powerful as Mab.  The chances of a leaderless 'Cubi (Cyra) having a 'Cubi child with someone like that, are about the same as a glass of water spontaneously levitating because all the molecules are moving in the same direction.

EDIT: Cyra, not Destania

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

CompassArisen

This was a great response that covered many corners of this idea thanks everyone.
It is starting to look like it was actually impossible.
Can anyone find a source for the information "Cyra charmed her way into the dragon ranks for many years" This is making me think she may have been with many dragons potentially but I don't remember where I saw that.
Also that Cyra may have had a dragon child is something that is crazy to think about too. I've been reading for years and try to keep up with the rules of the world thanks for these answers.

Cassi-kun

Cyra was in a relationship with M'Chek, ruler of Hishaan, which was (part of) how she was able to earn a high ranking position in the city

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1583.php
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

CompassArisen

This is was the source I was looking for and it shows I was completely mistaken and somewhat recent I'm embarrassed. It probably would be impossible after all. Its off topic also.

Otherwise. I don't see Dan being an indefinite resident of the school but best to not live at the inn either. He could bum around with his friends and allies as an adventurer does, he might see how they are reacting to these changing times.