2018-07-21 [DMFA #1854] (Partial) Empathic One-on-One

Started by Rafe, July 21, 2018, 03:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

I Guess we all knew this was where this was leading.

The question now (assuming Dan takes Fa'Lina's advice) is whether Dan actually gets some kind of opportunity to let Regina know his feelings have changed. I suppose Regina might even be thinking on the same lines given her latest examination of her emotions. Maybe some kind of resolution will happen anyway.
Rafe

e_voyager

again i see a reason why i love what fa'lina's clan represents and when she show's her compassionate side.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

MT Hazard

Forgiveness for selfish reasons I guess, or at least not entirely selfless.

While this is a good example of the headmistresses compassion, she, like most other characters aren't without a dark side, in her case its here willingness to kill merlitz for no good reason (stopped by Arry dating him at the time), her knocking Dan out and dragging him away against his will and her support or at least lack of resistance against adventurer slaying classes in her school. But then no characters in DMFA are exact pure good are they? That's one of the things that makes them interesting.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Splackaboy

Gosh, I return from adult life only to a kick to my feelings. Honestly, I think Fa'lina is a lot stronger than Hizel for being able to move on. Like, yikes, that is a lot to forgive!

Nightmask

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 22, 2018, 12:59:16 PM
Forgiveness for selfish reasons I guess, or at least not entirely selfless.

While this is a good example of the headmistresses compassion, she, like most other characters aren't without a dark side, in her case its here willingness to kill merlitz for no good reason (stopped by Arry dating him at the time), her knocking Dan out and dragging him away against his will and her support or at least lack of resistance against adventurer slaying classes in her school. But then no characters in DMFA are exact pure good are they? That's one of the things that makes them interesting.

Considering how Merlitz was acting it was hardly 'for no good reason', particularly when you consider Fa'lina has nigh-omniscient knowledge of the past actions and possible future actions of anyone that's in her academy up to a month after they've left.  WE don't know what all she saw in reading his life but just from what we do see she had no reason to like him.  So that's not her having a dark side.

Sofox

I find this whole forgiveness thing touching and kinda true.

Lego3400

wait wait wait, hold the phone...

Is alph wearing a shirt?

Kazy

edit: wrong thread!