2018-06-01 [DMFA#1842] - Red rum, red rum

Started by Tapewolf, June 01, 2018, 08:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

"We shall kill and kill and kill until there are no more days left, and then we shall kill no more." -Richard Garriott

Well, that certainly sucked.   I wonder how the vow of destruction fits into all this?  Or is it because they didn't just go "Oh, what a shame" like a Demon would, and she didn't understand why they wanted her hide?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GreenBean

A classic case of when "keeping it real" goes wrong.

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 01, 2018, 08:35:57 AM
"We shall kill and kill and kill until there are no more days left, and then we shall kill no more." -Richard Garriott

Well, that certainly sucked.   I wonder how the vow of destruction fits into all this?  Or is it because they didn't just go "Oh, what a shame" like a Demon would, and she didn't understand why they wanted her hide?
I'm actually wondering if Regina just didn't remember the details clearly while on the run from Dan in that panel?

This could be the very first time Regina has put any real effort to recall what happened. And if that's the case, it would probably be wise to take what Regina says with a grain of salt. Especially when she's on the run for her life.

So she has a 12 victims? That could be the Adventures Dan was concerned about. Wildy's and Biggs' mom is definitely on that list. Biggs could be too, depending on how Regina remembers those events. There's also the possibility that this little get together was suppose to be bigger and more friends were suppose to arrive later.

It might also be possible that Regina's body count might be smaller then she thinks. Regina strikes me as the person that wouldn't survive a zombie apocalypse because she forgot to double tap.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

MT Hazard

Well it looks like Regina doesn't need to worry about losing her job (from this story at least), considering her boss killed her own husband and only enjoys remembering doing it.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Rafe

The cuteness, the comedy, and the serious violence - that combination, and the masterful way Amber can pull it off has always amazed me.  It gives DMFA an intensity of emotion that is very rare anymore.

One thing has me wondering, though. It seem just a little too much to attribute to coincidence.  There is a combination of elements here that we've seen before, involving other characters, and things that happened more than 300 years ago. I'm talking about the combination of Beings, Creatures, cookies, and extreme violence. I'm betting some combination of different races and baked goods leading to violent death is being revealed to us.

Reference here: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_71.php

Rafe

Eboreg

Wasn't there a Project Future side-story that included this detail?

Also... I'm wondering if anyone else noticed that we haven't heard from Dan for a while now. I'm beginning to think that he passed out from the shock of that hit...
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

The One Guy

Quote from: Eboreg on June 01, 2018, 08:11:30 PM
Also... I'm wondering if anyone else noticed that we haven't heard from Dan for a while now. I'm beginning to think that he passed out from the shock of that hit...

Er ... this page includes both Dan's and Regina's accounts (both start with "it happened so fast").  Not to mention the entire previous strip aside from the last panel is Dan's recollections as well (Regina doesn't remember what she said after all).  Keep in mind the color-coding for this sequence, Green = Dan, Purple/Pink = Regina.

Tuyu

Demons and random killing go together like Mom and...

Kalatash

In response to all the comments about Regina losing her job for admitting to killing people:

In this world, Creatures tend to view Beings as being beneath them at best and many are likely to see them as a sort of natural resource instead of "people". Morally, it's probably closer to being seen talking about a hunting trip than a confession to committing felonies. (This is why adventurers are a thing, remember.) Also, it's probably a commonly accepted fact that any demon considered an adult will have at least one murder to their name.
"According to the Bible, the sheep were foaling."

CamKitty

Usually the reason is better then hissy fit and oops, an accident however

PhycoKrusk

Quote from: Tuyu on June 02, 2018, 12:30:44 AM
Demons and random killing go together like Mom and...
Having your face ripped off?

Too soon?

Alondro

Charline de Lyon hmms, "Well, some beings are fragile... but little Charles has proven far more durable than I would have imagined.  I've tried to murder him COUNTLESS times!  And he keeps recovering!"

Charles da human oozes across the floor after the latest attempt, "...medic..."
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif