2018-02-23 [DMFA# 1820] And now, in stereo

Started by Tapewolf, February 23, 2018, 08:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

If we have two unreliable narrators, we can subtract one story from the other and see which bits are different.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Akktari

Guessed pretty good on today's page.

But oof. That last line.
Memory like Dory.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 23, 2018, 08:05:42 AM
If we have two unreliable narrators, we can subtract one story from the other and see which bits are different.

... and end up with the unreliable bits, sadly. With people, that sort of math doesn't work. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

I'm curious to how Reg is going to spin the killing of a group of people, perhaps she will leave that part out. It is conceivable that neither has exactly the correct story, both are capable of bias and having their own interpretations of what happened that day.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Akisohida

Quote from: MT Hazard on February 23, 2018, 05:44:15 PM
I'm curious to how Reg is going to spin the killing of a group of people, perhaps she will leave that part out. It is conceivable that neither has exactly the correct story, both are capable of bias and having their own interpretations of what happened that day.

...'Bias' is part of being a creature. Demon or 'Cubi; what you say happened is correct, so long as you don't leave survivors to argue otherwise. :P
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 23, 2018, 05:22:21 PM

... and end up with the unreliable bits, sadly. With people, that sort of math doesn't work. :-/
Well when it comes from the persons lips, I would have to agree.

But the power of flashbacks does sometimes give us a perspective, that at times does, make us question both narratives. It will be kind of interesting to see what kind of dirt the two share will be dug up by the two of them. And see how it matches up with the others story.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

mithril

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 23, 2018, 05:22:21 PM

well sure. but only in the finer details. two differently biased sources can be used, alongside details we do already have, to sort out a general narrative.

Kazy

If this was a sit-com they'd be making out in the next scene. But no, we get delicious plot instead!