2018-02-16 [DMFA# 1818] Paging Paige

Started by Tapewolf, February 16, 2018, 06:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I hope she gets good danger money for that.  Also, I'm kind of curious what the racial diversity of the party is like - I'd have assumed that a lot of the attendees would be 'Cubi.  And that someone accidentally sprouting head-wings wouldn't exactly be a surprise...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Paladin Sheppard

Eagle0600

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2018, 06:09:09 AM
Also, I'm kind of curious what the racial diversity of the party is like - I'd have assumed that a lot of the attendees would be 'Cubi.  And that someone accidentally sprouting head-wings wouldn't exactly be a surprise...

If she knows who he is, and her job is usually to keep Torin distracted, then it's likely she knows why he's hiding his headwings in the first place. This gives her enough motivation to want to point it out to him, and also to assure him that she's not going to sell him out.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eagle0600 on February 16, 2018, 06:48:04 AM
If she knows who he is, and her job is usually to keep Torin distracted, then it's likely she knows why he's hiding his headwings in the first place. This gives her enough motivation to want to point it out to him, and also to assure him that she's not going to sell him out.

True.  I'm still pondering the necessity of Dan maintaining his disguise at all costs.  It seems a little flimsy.  What I mean is that, as Dimanika pointed out, Angels are pretty rare, and this being a 'Cubi-hosted party, there's more likelihood of someone being a disguised 'Cubi than an Angel.
If Dan presents as a 'Cubi he has the problem of what to say about his clan, since that being revealed would most likely be fatal.  But he could conceivably decline to say, or give a false answer.

But if he presents as an Angel, he could be in for some questions which he can't answer because he isn't one.  Or someone might assume that he can do the skin-hardening trick, which he can't.   And it will make things a lot more awkward if the head-wings do show up because he's not yet learned enough self-control.
Admittedly he's spent his entire life not really knowing why he has wings, and just saying "I got them from my mother" but now even that answer is perilous.

EDIT: Since Piflak suggested he hide them too, there must be some merit to it, I'm just not seeing it.

Hoodoo

After all these years, I am still not tired of seeing Dan freaked out or spazzing like in the second panel. It is like, innately hilarious.

That said, there are significantly less feathers scattered about than I would have thought. Guess he got over it quickly.

Kazy

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2018, 07:04:37 AM
If Dan presents as a 'Cubi he has the problem of what to say about his clan, since that being revealed would most likely be fatal.  But he could conceivably decline to say, or give a false answer.

He's an "awful liar"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kazy on February 16, 2018, 01:36:43 PM
He's an "awful liar"

Good summary, thanks for digging that up.  Though ultimately it just means he has a different set of lies to remember...

PhycoKrusk

And we're back to Piflak thinking of everything.

And also bringing us now to wonder exactly how Torin has managed to remain in Hizell's employ, given that he's very obviously an idiot.

Nightmask

Quote from: PhycoKrusk on February 16, 2018, 02:22:40 PM
And we're back to Piflak thinking of everything.

And also bringing us now to wonder exactly how Torin has managed to remain in Hizell's employ, given that he's very obviously an idiot.

Well she IS tens of thousands of years old, it's hard to imagine something she HASN'T at some time experienced and learned to prepare for a future occurrence of.  You'd probably need the equivalent of Unicron showing up to eat the planet before she'd pull a Kup and go 'I've never seen anything like that before.'

Akisohida

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2018, 06:09:09 AM
I hope she gets good danger money for that.  Also, I'm kind of curious what the racial diversity of the party is like - I'd have assumed that a lot of the attendees would be 'Cubi.  And that someone accidentally sprouting head-wings wouldn't exactly be a surprise...

Dan is not hiding that he's a cubi as much as he is hiding that he's Cyra clan.

I'm guessing a cubi hiding his headwings would be a giant 'WHAT IS HE HIDING!?' flag for other cubi, so he just decided to go with everyones assumption that he is an Angel.

..He's not lying, he's just letting people draw the wrong conclusion. :D

Also, I love headwings being called 'Emotion Antennae'
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

mithril

who's the cute canine Cubi here to help Dan? Cameo or New Character?

Tapewolf

Quote from: mithril on February 19, 2018, 03:36:52 AM
who's the cute canine Cubi here to help Dan? Cameo or New Character?

Paladin Sheppard's succubus character, Paige.