2018-01-15 [DMFA# 1811] Don't forget to breathe

Started by Eagle0600, January 15, 2018, 02:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle0600

I wonder if this is going to be a fakeout and Dan and Regina aren't actually going to meet? I hope not.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eagle0600 on January 15, 2018, 02:33:46 PM
I wonder if this is going to be a fakeout and Dan and Regina aren't actually going to meet? I hope not.

Piflak seems to have a wealth of intelligence at her disposal, so it's entirely possible she's put two and two together.  Kria knows, and the Soulstealers are one of the ruling familes in Zinvth.  Given the weird plotting and conflicts of interest between Biggs, Jyrras, Kria and the Creature Council, Piflak having people inside Biggs' outfit cannot be ruled out.  That's two possible paths by which she might know about Dan and Regina, the Being-Creature Council records being a third, and looking up Dan's career history is a fourth (he became an adventurer to try and stop Regina from killing again, and that story may well have come out during adventurer school, or while adventuring with others).

So it may be that like the three spies, she already knows that Dan and Regina mixing would be messy and is covertly steering them apart.

Of course, it's also possible that both of them will be on their best behaviour - Regina to keep her job, Dan to avoid upsetting a powerful potential ally - and so we just end up with a page of awkward, frosty silence or something...

EDIT: ...and there are other factors beside that could make the Dan-Regina thing look like a sideshow.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

PhycoKrusk

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 15, 2018, 02:56:22 PM
Of course, it's also possible that both of them will be on their best behaviour - Regina to keep her job, Dan to avoid upsetting a powerful potential ally - and so we just end up with a page of awkward, frosty silence or something...
Personally, I'm still banking on the rumor mill supposing from that awkward, frosty silence that they obvious had a failed relationship together and are trying to behave themselves either for appearances or to keep from ruining Piflak's exclusive party. Inevitably, lines will be drawn in the sand between those that think Dan got a raw deal, those that think Regina got the short end, and those that think that is just so sad so naturally they have to get them back together by reminding them of why they fell in love in the first place so that they will dramatically get back together!

Forcing the two of them to work together to subtly get themselves out of that particular bind and turn those factions against themselves and my god where did all this come from????

Kuzma Volkov

Am I the only one that keeps seeing D.va with how Regina is dressed? <.<;

MT Hazard

And breathe...  but in Viv's case as a cubi she may not need to, and in that dress, she may not be able to.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Prroul

I now have a mental image of Dan and Regina having a very awkward conversation that stretches out waaaaay too long on the topic of weather...