2017-10-09 [DMFA # 1790] - Words of wisdom

Started by Tapewolf, October 09, 2017, 10:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Right now I agree with Dark Peg - having a job can make you wish for your own demise.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

You know, what DP is saying about mistakes is something I figured out a bit ago. Mistakes are a byproduct of any endevour. Just like in industrial manufacturing, byproducts aren't intended or particularly wanted, but they happen as a result of trying to make something in the first place. You can't avoid them unless you don't try to make anything at all, so the best you can do is create a system to deal with the byproduct and maybe find a way of re purposing it into something useful.

PhycoKrusk

Anyone else notice how, for as deranged as he's supposed to be, Aliph is actually a competent, attentive and, perhaps surprisingly, fairly nurturing father figure? I mean, just compare Now-Regina to Just-Brought-Aliph-Back-from-Beyond-the-Grave-Regina. She's gone from someone who was stuck doing a job she hated because she didn't know how to do anything else but was really just waiting for her big break, to someone who is actually doing a job she likes because she got some guidance in applying her interests to her professional skillset and is willing to take some risks to seek out opportunity instead of just waiting for it to come along.

I'm really curious as to what her parents are/were like, and what kind of upbringing they gave her, and I'm also very curious as to how this new guidance will affect her going forward. We've already seen that Dan and Aliph can at least learn to not try to murder each other constantly, and while that would be a much longer shot with Regina, who knows?

The world as a whole is becoming a lot less black and white; just look at whether or not it's "right" for gangs of armed thugs to traipse about the countryside, breaking into people's houses, running them through, and then taking their stuff (known in some circles as "adventuring"). What else might the future hold?