Archive only goes up to 31

Started by keybounce, October 13, 2017, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dishonored

Apparently it's a very long chapter.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dishonored on October 14, 2017, 12:36:55 AM
I used to think that, until someone pointed out that the katbox version has split it into chapters properly.  There have been plans to redirect the missmab.com domain to katbox completely.  While that hasn't happened yet, if I was planning to do that to my comic imminently, I know I would be a lot less diligent about updating the legacy site correctly.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dishonored

Ah. I stand...well, sit corrected.  :)
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 14, 2017, 06:12:31 AM
I used to think that, until someone pointed out that the katbox version has split it into chapters properly.  There have been plans to redirect the missmab.com domain to katbox completely.  While that hasn't happened yet, if I was planning to do that to my comic imminently, I know I would be a lot less diligent about updating the legacy site correctly.

I think the archives have been broken for a while on the katbox site, though it probably did used to be split into chapters

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 14, 2017, 06:12:31 AM
I used to think that, until someone pointed out that the katbox version has split it into chapters properly.
I thought that the Katbox version was just split into publication months. Is there a version with chapters?

Merlin

Quote from: Tuyu on October 15, 2017, 03:35:14 AM
I thought that the Katbox version was just split into publication months. Is there a version with chapters?

I believe there used to be before that big site outage when they had to rebuild everything

Shakal

So a quick bit of poking around reveals the following:

On the http://missmab.com/arch.php , the chapters up to chapter 31 are easy to jump to, but becomes innacurate as of #1505, the start of Chapter 32, The Fun of Dysfunction.

On http://dmfa.katbox.net/archive/ , the comic is broken up into months, but each individual comic (for the most part) link to their own chapter at the bottom of each comic + description. However there does not appear to be any index for these to quickly jump to a particular chapter, and some pages seem to be missing the link, possibly in error or they are not considered 'part' of the chapter, like a question from the readers (example: http://dmfa.katbox.net/comic/1500-mink-was-a-very-energetic-child/ ).

So one has a quick and convenient index for finding chapters, but is incomplete. The other has (almost) all pages assigned to their chapter, and you can get a chapter grouping once you've already found a comic in the chapter, but there is no convenient index chapter-wise, only monthly.