a little lost...

Started by MT Hazard, September 18, 2006, 04:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Being new i have no idea what half of the things next to the various entries mean. what exactly does karma mean?

What are the stars and what does Position:  Proto-Slime meant? Sorry to be a pain and I know i probably should have read up on this but it would really help if someone could give me a quick overview.

Thanks
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

bill

I wouldn't worry about it. Karma is essentially meaningless, and "proto-slime" and assorted nonsense is just a post-count title.  :)

Netami

You get different post count titles by posting more.

Karma is sort of like a popularity contest that no one pays attention to.

Suwako

Welcome MT Hazard, Yes like said before Karma is useless. Sometimes people feel like giving it and do so. But like postacount titles it doesn't really matter, at all.  :P

Leafar

Quote from: Netami on September 18, 2006, 04:09:55 PM
You get different post count titles by posting more.

Karma is sort of like a popularity contest that no one pays attention to.

you say that because we are popular...

AND YOU'RE NOT NETAM!!!!!! ;)

Leafar

hahaha, sorry...but you're still cool...so let the bass go!!!!!!

hey mt wanna join us? but be aware you gotta got the looks and walk the walk! :cool

xHaZxMaTx

Gotta got?  How exactly do you go about doing that? :|

Leafar

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 18, 2006, 04:57:47 PM
Gotta got? How exactly do you go about doing that? :|

my english, don't fail on me now!!!!!!!! >:3

Darkmoon

Quote from: Leafar on September 18, 2006, 04:51:50 PM
hey mt wanna join us? but be aware you gotta got the looks and walk the walk! :cool

Req: Teenager; lives in Orange ounty, California; rich; hates their daddy. Listens to emo a plus.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Leafar

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 18, 2006, 05:47:49 PM
Quote from: Leafar on September 18, 2006, 04:51:50 PM

Req: Teenager; lives in Orange ounty, California; rich; hates their daddy. Listens to emo a plus.

you did your homework...well, i guess everything gotta have a first chance. ;)

Azlan

Orange County is full of people who think they are rich.  Gods, the strip malls...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Leafar

so you watch it too azl! :)
what did you think about Marissa's death?

xHaZxMaTx

I think Azlan meant the County of Orange, not the show. :rolleyes

Netami

I live in Orange County, and I don't think I'm rich. I'm 21 and still at home thanks to obscene living prices. No one that lives here likes that show, either... And I don't just mean my nerd friends. We've got our fair share of rich white kids that abuse their old money background, but they tend to get in car accidents or overdose so the problem works itself out.  :)

And what's wrong with strip malls?

Leafar

so THERE IS a place called Orange County????!!!?!?! :O

xHaZxMaTx

Netami

Orange County is the county next to Los Angeles County. It consists of many cities... Santa Ana, Irvine (featured in many movies, often mis-portrayed as a coastal city when it's entirely landlocked), the actual city of Orange, Tustin, etc. It's not nearly as trendy or preppy as people make it out to seem. It's not to be affiliated with Beverly Hills lifestyles, either... That place is about an hour away though.

Here's where I live, zoomed out a bit so you can see.

Leafar

i am so jelous of you right now Netam... :(
near LA and those awesome beaches...
say, how much time (of car) from your house to Newport Beach?

bill

LA is a fun place to get shot to death in. A friend lives in Irvine, nice place.

Leafar

Grampa says if you can get shot, that means you can also be the one that shoots...

i won't avoid a place in my life never due to violence...
as the matter of fact, i'll show them!!!!!!

xHaZxMaTx

L.A. is a terrible place to live. :mad

Netami

Los Angeles is a really trashy city. It's polluted like you wouldn't believe and the traffic is horrid.

It takes about a half an hour to reach the beach cities I prefer, though I don't really enjoy the beach due to the intense heat we have most of the year. No, not all southern californians are surfer types  D:

And you dont want to live here... price of living is insane.

xHaZxMaTx

Indeed it is.  I don't live in L.A. myself, but I'm about 2 hours north.  It's so freaking hot here, and the air sucks sooo bad.  You can't even see the mountains most days. :mad

Leafar

Quote from: Netami on September 21, 2006, 06:19:27 PM

And you dont want to live here...

wanna bet? ;)

Quote from: Netami on September 21, 2006, 06:19:27 PM

price of living is insane.

then i'll have to work more cause someday i might get dropped there sir...

Netami

Don't get me wrong, California is a great place to live... if you pick the right areas. Coastal areas of central California, places like San Diego down south of here, or San Jose up north, are very nice places to live. But for every nice place there's a run-down gangster-land, or simply uncivilized farm land waiting to be found. The state is so big you've got a lot of variety in terms of living; take my example, just a bit from LA and you've got a very cool city.

But the cost of real estate is somewhat high everywhere. And don't get me started on gas. People bitch about paying 2 bucks a gallon when we've been paying over 3 for a long time now. You're going to end up very angry in California unless you make quite a bit of money.

xHaZxMaTx

I must live in the worst city evur.  Bakersfield, California has/had the highest average gas prices in the nation (even though it's one of the largest producers of oil in the world), most appreciative real estate costs, worst air in the nation, it usually gets over 115 F at least twice during the summer, and we are the largest producer of carrots in the world.  I guess that last thing isn't bad, but you know, lots of records here. :B

Leafar

now you admit it is a place for richs....i don't understand you...
well, i hope moving there when i retire (yeah i know i'm still 24 but hey that's me) like 30 years from now...things will be changed...do you think it will be changed for the worse, the worse or the same?