Guitar Hero

Started by xHaZxMaTx, September 18, 2006, 08:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

This game rocks my freaking socks off! :U  It's like 10(DDR)!  If you havn't seen or heard of it, it's pretty much exactly like DDR, except instead of a pad to step on, you have a little guitar to play with, which has a strum bar, five fret buttons, and even a whammy bar.

This game is insanely fun, and really easy to learn, it almost comes naturally.  There are four difficulties, Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert, and I can do most songs on medium right now, and I can do a few on hard.  There could have been more songs, though.  There's only 30 songs, and I'm really surprised that they don't have Bohemian Rhapsody when they have Killer Queen.  If you have a PS2, I would seriously recomend buying this game.

Supercheese

I've got it. Do you actually play guitar? I do.

I like the game a lot. The only reason I'm not playing is I have tons of other games to play.

Star Power irks me, though. I don't like it...

I'll post later maybe. Can't think now for some reason... >.>

EDIT: Might wanna rename the topic now, eh?

insanekaosx

I played Guitar Hero once, accidentally on expert, at Anime Boston this year. Pretty obvious, I failed. However, I am almost moderately decent the few times I played Guitar Freak. Its pretty mucht he same, except Japanese and only has three 'strings'.

Blazehawk

I love Guitar Hero, and I'm decent at it. I believe the second installment is coming out pretty soon, I can't wait, personally.  :3

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Supercheese on September 18, 2006, 05:09:14 PM
I've got it. Do you actually play guitar? I do.

I like the game a lot. The only reason I'm not playing is I have tons of other games to play.

Star Power irks me, though. I don't like it...

I'll post later maybe. Can't think now for some reason... >.>

EDIT: Might wanna rename the topic now, eh?
I don't play guitar IRL.  I figured that it would be hard for someone who does play the guitar to play the game, since then game isn't entirely realitic.

bill

I'm planning on learning guitar IRL. Did play GH at a mate's house, and found it rather amusing and fun.

Rowne

Guitar Hero is nifty but it's lacking one of my favourite features - extendability.  This is why I still think that Frets on Fire just doesn't get enough love.  It deserves so much more attention and recognition than it gets.

Blazehawk

Quote from: Rowne on September 18, 2006, 09:50:40 PM
This is why I still think that Frets on Fire just doesn't get enough love.  It deserves so much more attention and recognition than it gets.

D: I didn't know such a thing existed! I love you, Rowne!!  :hug  *runs off to play it*

Rowne

Part of the karmic balance has been restored, I've repaid a little of my debt to society for the Stepping Selection horror.  Yet I have a long way to go before I am truly redeemed.

* Rowne wanders off down the road towards a distant sunset.

(Also: Yay, hugs!)

Blazehawk

I believe your sins have been forgiven.  :3 I'm trying to put some songs into it myself, as not much seems to be available yet. I want to get the PS2 USB adapter though, as plugging my Guitar Hero controller in to play Frets On Fire would be divine. ^^ Right now I'm starting out easy, working on importing tracks from Lords of Thunder and E1M9 from the Classic Doom 3 mod soundtrack.

As much as I like Dragonforce, I am by no means insane enough to try to put it into FoF.  :U

Rowne

Quote from: Seraline on September 19, 2006, 04:33:48 AMAs much as I like Dragonforce, I am by no means insane enough to try to put it into FoF.

That deserves to go in a sig somewhere, it really does.  Where's Hazzy when you need him?  I might just start my own sig of the day.  *Amused.*

Also, stop giving me ideas!

Now I'm actually tempted to look into how one would make Frets on Fire tracks.  I just have this fear that it would be absurdly difficult and that it would require more musical talent than I have.  The same is true of StepMania files.

Vidar

Quote from: Rowne on September 18, 2006, 09:50:40 PM
Guitar Hero is nifty but it's lacking one of my favourite features - extendability.  This is why I still think that Frets on Fire just doesn't get enough love.  It deserves so much more attention and recognition than it gets.

That almost justifies buying a Guitar Hero set. Is there something like this for a real guitar? That would make learning to play a load more fun.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Rowne

A challenge!  I'll see what I can find.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Rowne on September 19, 2006, 09:31:20 AM
Quote from: Seraline on September 19, 2006, 04:33:48 AMAs much as I like Dragonforce, I am by no means insane enough to try to put it into FoF.

That deserves to go in a sig somewhere, it really does.  Where's Hazzy when you need him?  I might just start my own sig of the day.  *Amused.*
I heard someone say my name...

Hmmm, Frets on Fire, eh?  I might try that.  Having a wireless keyboard certainly has it's advantages. :>

Rowne

Frets on Fire on a wireless keyboard.  Hm ...

Stop giving me ideas!  *Flee.*

Vidar

Supercheese

Quote from: Rowne on September 19, 2006, 10:04:54 AM
Frets on Fire on a wireless keyboard.  Hm ...

That's what I do at home...

Much like DDR and real dancing are two very different things, Guitar Hero and playing the guitar for real are two seperate subjects for me. However, I'm not phenomenally good at either one...

I've been neglecting Frets on Fire in favor of the ITG2 theme for Stepmania... I think I should play FoF more.

Oh, jeez, Dragonforce... wow. Not even, eh?

Vidar

Just tried a Dragonforce song on Frets on Fire. DAMN that's hard. The notes are all over the bloody place.

Rowne

I can relate.  Can you say Deer in headlights?  Never again.

Vidar

Does anyone know where to download more songs for FoF (besides the Guiitar Hero ones)? This thing is more fun than I expected.

Rowne

Well, there's always this place but you probably all knew about that already.

xHaZxMaTx

I tried downloading FoF, but it the connection was all stupid. :<

Vidar