2016/09/05 [DMFA #1693] Lesson learned

Started by Merlin, September 05, 2016, 07:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Why would she need to retake that? She totally nailed it

Tapewolf

Heh, Illiath is one of the few female characters of mine who doesn't usually wear long gloves like that.  She's too much of a tomboy.
On the other hand, if it was gauntlets Dan'd be nursing a broken jaw...

EDIT: That said, they don't look bad on her.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm sure Dan is grateful for the gloves. Or will be, once he regains consciousness. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

"That's quite alright," Illiath said. "Now put the gun down, okay...?"

Hesitantly the ibex did so. "That's better," Illiath said, and punched him under the chin before he could react. Professor James uttered a very feline hissing sound, his face livid.

"Is that your answer to everything?!" he shrieked. "What the hell was that for?!"

"Would you prefer I killed them?" Illiath asked quizzically.

====

I am curious now, how much of that punch is because Dan's clan instigated (or at least hastened) the massacre of their race, and how much of it is to test his reflexes a'la Abel's baseball bat.  He is an adventurer of reknown, after all.

EDIT:

Actually, going by Fa'Lina's example, she'll make a decent headmistress.
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_554.php
http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_008.php

Cassi-kun

Dan's face is just so irresistibly punchable!
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

KathYohneke

And yet another thing Fa'Lina saw coming but did nothing to stop cause Dan is so punchable  :mowwink

Prroul

Ahh, you must be the one who taught Able how to SUCKERPUNCH'D!

Merlin

Quote from: Cassi-kun on September 05, 2016, 01:44:09 PM
Dan's face is just so irresistibly punchable!

Haha, so I'm not the only one who thought that was the reason!

joshofspam

Ouch! Well that meeting went south fast.

Illiath being rather blunt in this meeting. I wonder if this is history direct with Dan or if this might be clan crudge we're seeing here?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

MT Hazard

I think its time to break that 'won't fight another cubi' promise Dan. While violence, comic and other wise, being inflicted on him is apparently Dan's thing, he really needs to actually win some his of his fights.

As a former adventurer with developing cubi powers and a living clan leader, the amount of times he gets smacked down is getting embarrassing.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 06, 2016, 08:09:33 AM
As a former adventurer with developing cubi powers and a living clan leader the amount of times he gets smacked down is getting embarrassing.

While I agree in principle, and am a little disappointed at how many times Dan gets crushed, Illie is not exactly a pushover.
She's got 300 years or so of combat experience and training, and a living clan leader who seems to like fighting and conquest.  In fact, if they can get past the unpleasantries, she's pretty much what Dan would want to be when he grows up (assuming he doesn't suddenly change careers and become a watchmaker or something).  In other contexts I can see them swapping tales of their deeds.

ZacAttac21

I like how Fa'Lina allows acts of violence in her school, even though she already knows when they're going to happen.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 06, 2016, 08:29:00 AMIn other contexts I can see them swapping tales of their deeds.
I can definitely see Dan being friendly with Cubi from warrior clans, so long as they aren't straight-up "murder clans." And especially Clan Taun, since it's even stated that one of Taun's stepsons is a converted adventurer.

Quote from: CubiKitsune on September 06, 2016, 01:51:07 PM
I like how Fa'Lina allows acts of violence in her school, even though she already knows when they're going to happen.
My guess is a mix between her being an "insane sadist" as Dan once suggested, and that for less experienced Cubi it's just a good lesson about how the outside world may - or probably will - react to them.

Although there's also the political side of forcefully restricting students' personal behaviour. I can't imagine many clans taking kindly to Fa'Lina actually stopping them from acting, regardless of what consequences she may give those actions once they're done.

mithril

not to mention that some of the Cubi there would feed off the emotions you get during violence, so she might allow a certain amount of it to happen to ensure a "balanced diet" for the student body, just preventing anything that would result in serious harm/death..

James StarRunner

I think Dan is slipping, his head hurt Aliyka's hand before. :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 09, 2016, 06:52:55 PM

I'm inclined to agree. Perhaps Illiath merely is riled up and hasn't noticed her hand hurts, yet?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 09, 2016, 07:05:01 PM
I'm inclined to agree. Perhaps Illiath merely is riled up and hasn't noticed her hand hurts, yet?

For all I know, the advanced combat training includes punching through walls.  A little bit of shapeshifting to reinforce the hand and muscles, and bingo...

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2016, 07:08:14 PM
For all I know, the advanced combat training includes punching through walls.  A little bit of shapeshifting to reinforce the hand and muscles, and bingo...
Now Dan just needs to reinforce his head. :P

Cassi-kun

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 09, 2016, 07:05:01 PM
Quote from: James StarRunner on September 09, 2016, 06:52:55 PM

Well, Aliyka's injurious blow was a top-of-the-head skull clonk, not a face smash.