What do you think about dating someone older?

Started by Leafar, September 14, 2006, 12:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leafar

I have just met an AMAZING person, we met at a computer-parts shop, i was there all cool and then i heard a voice asking what mark of virgin cds i usually buy...when i looked at her...WOW! :U
She is so amazing, we started to talk then i asked her if she was up for a beer and then for my great surprise she said yes...
so we went to this pub she suggested, when i drove her home we kinda...kissed...did i mention she is 38?
but she looks so young and gorgeous and amazing...
should i see her again?where this might lead to anyway? :mowninja

Zedd

Its not a total problem...Just hope shes not a real handful

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm. I have no problem with dating someone older. In fact, I married her. :)

However, there's a hell of a lot less between us than there is between you two. Bear in mind she may not feel the same way about you...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Netami

Women reach their sexual prime later, so make like Secret Plot and hook up.

Leafar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 14, 2006, 01:57:22 PM
Hmm. I have no problem with dating someone older. In fact, I married her. :)

However, there's a hell of a lot less between us than there is between you two. Bear in mind she may not feel the same way about you...

i don't know exactly how i feel about it...
i mean...maybe she just gave me goose bumps with her looks and posture...
something you just don't find in girls around my age...btw i am 24...
and i also kinda feel wierd about somethings...for example: dating her might mean the end of my current way of life...i mean...i surely don't want her to meet my dumbest friends you know...i am not saying my friends aren't cool or ''dumb'' like i said they just don't have this kind of ''posture'' maybe that's the word for it, that i am astonished by meeting her...and i surely want to keep seeing her...i am just affraid i get in too deep...maybe...i am just scared really... :S

Netami

I honestly think she's just going to use you to scratch an itch, but who knows? Maybe she's in the market for a younger guy, in which case I would go for it. Assuming you're okay with her being "really old" a bit before you.

Zedd

Hmm we guys have nice ideas...But I hope find the perfect gent for me...Yes I am a guy too so dont worry about it...I just bare in mind hopefuly a nice man carry me away

Aridas

"up for a beer" doesn't sound like date talk. I'm not optimistic about it.

Netami

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 14, 2006, 03:49:33 PM
"up for a beer" doesn't sound like date talk. I'm not optimistic about it.

A lot of people "date"  this way, dude... If you think the bar scene is dead, you haven't been to a loser wedding ending in a loser divorce a short time later.

Leafar

bars with pools are mostly the only thing to do in my small city...and plus the extremely hot weather...make your count...
but that isn't the riddle here...i guess it will be pretty cool to have someone i can talk to about profession, and life, and all, without someone ending saying: ''yeah, yeah...another beer?'' you know?

Zedd

Tiger_T

If you enjoy her company, why not.
Don't expect too much though.
Just wait and see what happens next. :)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Leafar

thanks for the good advice tiger-t...btw, very nice avatar! ;)

Rowne

Indeed, expectations can be a killer either way, just like over-presumptious assumptions.  Well, not a killer in the conventional sense but it can lead to missed oppurtunities.

What can one do in a situation like this?  Go in with no conceptions (or mis- thereof) and ride the wave, see what happens and don't lay down any rules or binding.  If it goes well, yay and if it doesn't, nothing lost, eh?

I suppose the most important aspect of this is nothing ventured, nothing gained and as far as age differences are concerned, it shouldn't really matter at all.

Leafar

Quote from: Rowne on September 15, 2006, 05:29:52 PM
as far as age differences are concerned, it shouldn't really matter at all.

but i live in a small city...people here usually have small minds as well...
i am affraid getting into this relation and this become a problem between us...

Tiger_T

Thank you. The art is by RJ and commissioned and animated by me. :)

Yes, people tend to have prejudices.
I can't help you decide though, for what you care more, their opinion or your own.

Whatever you do; there will be obstacles.

Life is not a path. It's a cross-country run with time doging you.
And you don't know the directions or when you'll pass the finishing line either.

I'm single and not searching right now, so take that with an ounce of salt.
:mowwink
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

llearch n'n'daCorna

There's a finishing line?

Other than when you start pushing up daisies?

Tiger_T

No, that's the line I meant.
*packs and stamps llearch and sends it per air-mail to Alaska*
Tigriel's got a guest:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Leafar

geez....anyway she didn't call me this weekend...so...i dunno...

King Of Hearts

Age difference does matter.

Love is not simply about loking at each other but looking the same way as well. Not thats love between age gaps are impossible, [Kutcher and Moore comes to memory] mind you but I believe it is hard if you and your partner are not of the same level of maturity, nothing beats a solid foundation for a relationship.

But there is no harm in trying.