2015/08/17 [DMFA #1597] And this is where you bring out the popcorn and retreat

Started by VAE, August 17, 2015, 02:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

to a safe observing distance.
So, after a century or two of having Cyra help keep him alive, the only sign of him that she finds is... his offspring, with someone else. No wonder that when she found out Abel hates him, she tried to get him to kill Aniz. Would have been something of a poetic justice deal, but eh, things don't always work out right.
That said, I bet she probably played a role in it - I mean, if grandma Cyra's protection expired prematurely... makes it that much more likely for Aniz to be taken down even by the likes of Edward and his first wife.

Speaking of Edward, he did look a bit like Aniz, goatee and all. Seems that Dee's got a consistent type she goes stupid for. :B
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: VAE on August 17, 2015, 02:25:14 AM
That said, I bet she probably played a role in it - I mean, if grandma Cyra's protection expired prematurely... makes it that much more likely for Aniz to be taken down even by the likes of Edward and his first wife.

I think the protection was protection against scrying, so the dragons couldn't hunt him down via the clan link.  If it was personal invulnerability the incident with Henya wouldn't have occurred.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2015, 04:02:06 AM

I think the protection was protection against scrying, so the dragons couldn't hunt him down via the clan link.  If it was personal invulnerability the incident with Henya wouldn't have occurred.

Henya... That's that pink Mythos Aniz killed, right?

HaDDea

Quote from: CubiKitsune on August 17, 2015, 04:24:46 AM

I think the protection was protection against scrying, so the dragons couldn't hunt him down via the clan link.  If it was personal invulnerability the incident with Henya wouldn't have occurred.

Remind me who Henya is?

Henya was Abel's pink mythos friend who was getting married before Aniz slashed her to pieces because she bit him.

*sigh* well, I guess if Abel was Dee's first and only signal that Aniz was still alive I can understand why she took her impotent fury out on him. I despise her for it, but I do understand why.

so... why didn't Cyra lift the veil? Was it similar to what Falina had done for Dee? Was it an attempt in some small way to make up for the war she unknowingly thrust on the cubi race?

Speaking of Edward, he did look a bit like Aniz, goatee and all. Seems that Dee's got a consistent type she goes stupid for. :B

Aniz was the only 'cubi to approach her. The only one. And then he went and smashed her heart into little tiny bits. I wouldn't be too harsh on Dee for looking for someone who reminded her of some of the happiest few centuries of her otherwise rather bleak existence.

VAE

Tape, yes, but take this.
With his conduct, he was likely a sought criminal before long. And scrying  protection helps loads when you have adventurers/thugs/bounty hunters motivated by a fat wad of cash on your head. Hence, when Cyra dropped the act, he suddenly became much easier to find and put an end to.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Amber Williams

Truth be Aniz was taken down by Edward and Quingtana not because of any scrying but because Aniz struck first.

Eboreg

Weren't the physical similarities between Aniz and Edward the reason that Aniz targeted him in the first place?
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Howl

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 17, 2015, 05:11:32 AM
Truth be Aniz was taken down by Edward and Quingtana not because of any scrying but because Aniz struck first.

Somehow, that made me think of this on the spot.

Zorro

You DO remember Abel actually killed his father?

A Furry Luke Skywalker.

Grey Wolf

Oh my God. Are there therapists at SAIA because they are desperately needed.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

VAE

Quote from: Zorro on August 17, 2015, 09:09:16 AM

A Furry Luke Skywalker.

Um, no?
Edward and Quintinga killed Aniz?
Saphroneth

Tuyu

When Fa'lina said "all your children" to Aniz back in Abel's story, I thought it meant he'd already brought in others, but I guess it could be read either way, and makes more sense that she stopped him at his first, same as with the other one she mentioned in passing.

Quote from: HaDDea on August 17, 2015, 04:38:04 AM
so... why didn't Cyra lift the veil? Was it similar to what Falina had done for Dee? Was it an attempt in some small way to make up for the war she unknowingly thrust on the cubi race?

That was long before Dan was born, so it's likely Cyra was still doing anything Dee asked of her, and apparently Dee didn't actually ask for the veil to be lifted. Maybe she was better with not knowing, rather than risk finding out he was dead.

Quote from: Eboreg on August 17, 2015, 06:45:51 AM
Weren't the physical similarities between Aniz and Edward the reason that Aniz targeted him in the first place?

That would make for an interesting speculation--if Aniz was going to replace Edward (given Dan's age at Abel's birthday, it had been long enough for him to start his 2nd child).

joshofspam

Ah, so whatever Aniz was planning he was already in the process of doing at the time and exposed himself to them.

That could be taken as he either was caught in the act by Edward and Quingtana or he was caught trying to pull one over the pair and didn't appreciate that. That would be doubly so if he was trying for the same thing with what he did with Abel's mom.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Merlin

Quote from: Howl on August 17, 2015, 07:25:56 AM

Somehow, that made me think of this on the spot.

Yes me too, hahaha

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Eboreg on August 17, 2015, 06:45:51 AM
Very likely, since that seems to be at least part of why Aniz targeted Cid as well.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Eboreg

Seems that Dee's got a consistent type she goes stupid for. :B

Either that or Edward is Dee's Replacement Goldfish.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

VAE

Quote from: Eboreg on August 19, 2015, 07:43:26 AM
Seems that Dee's got a consistent type she goes stupid for. :B

Either that or Edward is Dee's Replacement Goldfish.
Honestly, in most of my relatives (uncle, mother, grandma's sister's daughter) who had multiple partners, they have been a succession of entirely the same character traits, packaged differently.
So, I somehow feel that it isn't entirely out of question that Dee is like that.
Saphroneth

Howl

Quote from: VAE on August 17, 2015, 10:38:08 AM
Quote from: Zorro on August 17, 2015, 09:09:16 AM

A Furry Luke Skywalker.

Um, no?
Edward and Quintinga killed Aniz?

It's a Jedi mind trick joke.