2015/05/15 [DMFA #1574] Napping on

Started by Delian Williams, May 15, 2015, 05:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delian Williams

This strip makes me wonder, how cubi educational sciences work...
Do you radiate an emotional climate of suspense and fascination, when giving a lecture?
Are history books illustrated with magical memory markers of cubi who witnessed the events?

After all, the average attention span of cubi confronted with boring monologues is limited.

Bringing along the puppets might help... or maybe some fancy diagrams.

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

MT Hazard

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 11, 2015, 06:51:07 AM
'Stuck' in this case could translate as 'I made a promise', he could leave at any time, but his word and Fa'Lina insistence/threats keeps him there.

Nope, Dan just wasn't paying attention. Although in this case Dan might be better off staying for the whole month to get a better idea of his future education and his race.

Dan seems to have an already short attention span shorten by his cubi heritage, makes you wonder how he gets anything done.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Howl

His eyes seem a little squiffy in panel one. Kind of off model, perhaps. A little behind the scenes tweaking in downtime, however much there is, may help a little.
(12/164)

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 15, 2015, 07:02:51 AM
Dan seems to have an already short attention span shorten by his cubi heritage, makes you wonder how he gets anything done.

"Die, fiend!  Ooh, look!  A squirrel!"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Crystalite

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 15, 2015, 08:18:01 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on May 15, 2015, 07:02:51 AM

"Die, squirrel! Oh look, a fiend!"

Although, all I could think of when I got to the last panel was "Dan's hair looks like a butt..." I love his expression in the second panel, though. Amber does such funny and lovely expressions.

justacritic

I pity the cubi fools who go into bureaucracy and law.

thegayhare

Quote from: Crystalite on May 15, 2015, 08:50:39 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on May 15, 2015, 08:18:01 AM

"Die, squirrel! Oh look, a fiend!"

and thats the same encounter.... back and forth for days on end

Merlin

'cubi don't need to sleep. Until you start trying to explain something to them.

Viking ZX

Quote from: Delian Williams on May 15, 2015, 05:35:58 AM
Do you radiate an emotional climate of suspense and fascination, when giving a lecture?
Are history books illustrated with magical memory markers of cubi who witnessed the events?

After all, the average attention span of cubi confronted with boring monologues is limited.

That's actually a really, really cool idea! By broadcasting emotions, you could do some really neat stuff to "ordinary" jobs.
I'm an author! Check out my site!

Tuyu

Paperwork!?  Dan will never be able to leave!!   :U

Jasonrevall

Dan is actually pretty cute here :3 I'm not sure why.

Quote from: Viking ZX on May 15, 2015, 11:00:03 PM
Quote from: Delian Williams on May 15, 2015, 05:35:58 AM

That's actually a really, really cool idea! By broadcasting emotions, you could do some really neat stuff to "ordinary" jobs.

Also with the seemingly consistent issue with cubi attention spans, you'd think they would actually have something on hand to help with keeping attention like Delian pointed out. I wouldnt be surprised if they have a supply closet with a wide variety of props and toys.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Delian Williams

It is kinda interesting that it has been posters and puppets so far. Getting your information flavored
with emotions might be a mixed blessing. Dan got his headaches from overexposure, not everyone
likes the same stuff and you might lose your credibility emotion jammering your pupils about the
pleasures of understanding hydraulics.

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.