2014/12/05 [DMFA #1534] Old acquaintances

Started by MT Hazard, December 05, 2014, 06:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Finally Abel and his old teacher cross paths.

I do wonder if creatures must have a radically different brain structure to cope with hundreds/thousands of years of memories, given that it must have been at least three centuries since they last saw each other.

Also it looks like I was right about the shoes.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Drakkenmensch

Third panel is my favorite Kria appearance yet.

That new hair is awesome and her smile is just priceless!

Tapewolf

This may not go well, since I think he still blames her for killing Devin.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hariman

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 05, 2014, 08:15:17 AM
This may not go well, since I think he still blames her for killing Devin.

Hmm. Kria has mellowed a little since way back then, and Abel has had a lot of time to think about what happened.

Of course, there's also the "meeting my old teacher who treats me like a child even now" aspect too.

It could go bad, or not. I just want to see Abel's face at the moment Kria admits to bringing Devin back as a zombie.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Zebra Bug

Kria did not kill Devin. She was there when it happened, but she did not kill him, so why would Abel blame for that? Also, I do not believe she brought him back as undead either....I think he became undead and she adopted him....but I might be wrong. Anyone feel like archive diving?

And I have been waiting for this page since it turned out in the backstory that Kria was Abel's teacher. So....for years now. XD

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Delian Williams

Quote from: Zebra Bug on December 05, 2014, 04:03:35 PM
I think he became undead and she adopted him....but I might be wrong.

Kria was seen leaning over Devin's body with a surprisingly sympathetic look on her face in Summer of Youth
and later among the main story line Devin was shown next to Kria as an example for what the undead were like,
before Aliph cast his spell. Lorenda doesn't know about Devin's origins and tried to help him find out, who he used
to be... seems to be a secret, Kria didn't (even?) share with her daughter - a secret Abel could ruin, too.

It's fascinating how Kria looks younger than ever! Come to think of it, with Dan and Abel as cubi, Pyroduck being a
dragon and Mab's longevity the fun in the DMFA universe can continue for centuries on end. :mowninja

By the way: Did Amber ever announce a name for the new chapter after Friends in High Places ended at #1504?
Maybe it's held back because of spoilers? Delian says IDK.

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Viking ZX

Oh man, feels like I've been waiting for this reunion for forever! At last, it is here!
I'm an author! Check out my site!

ArchTeryx

I have to say, that is a toothy grin worthy of Mallory from the old Duncan and Mallory comics.

Tapewolf

Kria did not kill Devin. She was there when it happened, but she did not kill him, so why would Abel blame for that?

Because she overheard Fa'Lina and Kria discussing it.  You know Kria didn't actually kill anyone then, and I know that, but I think he's aware that she was part of the team sent to do that.

ZacAttac21

And then they go over to Kria's place. And Lorenda can't find him, so she goes home. And when she gets home she's like "FFFFFFFFFFFFF!" :giggle

Nightmask

Kria did not kill Devin. She was there when it happened, but she did not kill him, so why would Abel blame for that? Also, I do not believe she brought him back as undead either....I think he became undead and she adopted him....but I might be wrong. Anyone feel like archive diving?

And I have been waiting for this page since it turned out in the backstory that Kria was Abel's teacher. So....for years now. XD

There is a strip where when Kria is arguing with Devin that she says she took him out of the world once and she can do it again, which certainly sounds like she's the one who actually killed him.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Nightmask on December 05, 2014, 10:03:52 PM

There is a strip where when Kria is arguing with Devin that she says she took him out of the world once and she can do it again, which certainly sounds like she's the one who actually killed him.

You are correct sir!  It was this strip and she did indeed verbally confirm that she was the one who killed Devin in the first place, as well as the one who later resurrected him as a zombie.  She resurrected him long before her brother created the Undead race, as evidenced by this strip.

On another note, I too really like Kria's latest hair style, and I just love her toothy grin in the last panel of this current strip.  I hope she keeps her current quaff for a while, because she looks good with her hair long and let down. :3

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: Nightmask on December 05, 2014, 10:03:52 PM

Yeah, but there's also this:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_69.php
...which says, pretty conclusively, that she didn't make a single kill.

Closer to Abel's PoV, there's this:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_085.php
...which isn't quite as clear-cut as I remembered because we don't see him listening in for another couple of pages so we don't know if he heard the bit where Fa'Lina implicates Kria in the attack.

Even without that he's had hundreds of years to put together the fact that Kria, a Demon, was present when a bunch of Creatures killed everyone.  And that's without the possibility of him asking Fa'Lina what she knew.

Goldstrike

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on December 05, 2014, 07:04:34 AM
Third panel is my favorite Kria appearance yet.

That new hair is awesome and her smile is just priceless!

I agree. This new hair style is awesome.

Wdot

I could be wrong, but I don't think it will go too bad. Kria was his teacher and taught him his first spell. She was also a very good friend of Abel's mother and she saved his life... even though she couldn't save Devin's. She may have said to Devin that she took him out and brought him back, but the conversation she had with the mysterious person after the ambush suggests that she killed no one... and they were a tad miffed about it. Apparently it didn't matter because it was a pass/fail exam. You failed if you died and Kria survived. I do believe, however it was Kria who resurrected Devin, perhaps because she felt guilty and that's why when he was affected by the spell that made him need to relearn everything like walking and talking she took the time to raise him.

Kria  actually really likes and was worried about Abel. When Fa'Lina transported him to the hospital she was prepared to keep him from going back to SAIA if he wanted that. I would say, Kria feels about as strongly about Abel as she does about anyone else except maybe for her daughter. Maybe he reminds her of her younger days as a teacher without all the current responsibility. Funny how Abel has two very powerful women that are concerned with his well being. Never mind that Kria will be interested in him because of a certain kangaroo rat.

Abel, may want some answers from Ms. Soulstealer, but I don't think it will be an antagonistic line of inquiry so much as just wanting to know what the deal was. I am kinda looking forward to Abel meeting Devin again now that he knows that he is a zombie. He was very unprepared the first time.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt

Zebra Bug

So, I stand corrected I believe. The strip that was linked still did not explicitly SAY that Kria created Devin, but it implies it strongly enough that I'll go with that as cannon. And, well, the next few pages will likely reveal if Abel believes she killed Devin in the first place or not. Either way, I am waiting in great antici-pation.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Kajet

Maybe it's just me but... Kria doesn't seem evil, at the very least not overtly evil, probably closer to one of the neutrals if you're going by D&D alignment.

joshofspam

Kria will love him and squeeze him and call him George. :P

Shoes with bells do sound interesting though.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Rafe

Quote from: joshofspam on December 07, 2014, 08:45:03 PM
Kria will love him and squeeze him and call him George. :P

Shoes with bells do sound interesting though.

Don't forget that George and Lennie were references to Steinbeck, and that even though George loved Lennie (maybe even because he did), he ended up killing him.
Sometimes shooting your friend in the back of the head is the kindest thing you can do.
Rafe

SteelWings

Got to say I'm loving Kria's new hairstyle ^^
"Hello my friends, my name is Fred. The words you read are in my head. I say I said my name is Fred, and I've been very Naaaauuughhty"