2014/10/20 [DMFA #1525] Towering pillar of hats

Started by Kuzma Volkov, October 20, 2014, 12:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuzma Volkov

I wonder if they'll have tea and celebrate unbirthdays at this party.

It's clear to me now. Valve is run by warp-aci. It makes sense why there's no half life 3... They keep getting distracted by muffins and fancy hats.

Tarakhe

Been reading for a long time and really enjoy the comic.  I registered for the forum today to make a contribution to fancy hats ^.^  Check out the collections on this page http://www.maikotakeda.com  Not all of them are hats, but there are a bunch of them in the atmospheric reentry one.  And some of the stuff in the cinematography section is really awesome.  It's all pretty spiffy to look at ^.^

Now whether they would be a pain in the butt to try and draw, well, that's another story hehe

Riddle78

Hats? Fancy hats? I like hats! Especially if they're fancy!

A hat,as wide as your average fedora,though the brim of the hat extends a couple of feet forward,and half a foot backward,both ending in an upturned point. The dome of the hat is decorated with a band of floof,and a single,enormous and ostentatious feather,pointed straight up.

Also,Abel Dimitri Rewanz,master Warp Aci manipulator.

Prroul

I wonder if they might run into a Jagger in their quest for a fancy hat...

Merlin

I know what fancy hat he needs

So chic! So daring! So... stupid

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Merlin on October 21, 2014, 02:40:53 AM
I know what fancy hat he needs

http://i.imgur.com/HxpXDgC.png

So chic! So daring! So... stupid

*Nearly spits cereal all over laptop* Dangit, Merlin!

Reese Tora

I don't have any specific pictures of it, but I'd love to see him in a pirate hat with some big floofy ostrich plumes. (Found some good examples of hats and plumes separately when I searched "pirate hat ostrich feather" on Google images, though.)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dishonored

It's pheasant-hunting season here locally, and I've seen several people wearing baseball caps covered in feathers to resemble a pheasant, complete with tailfeathers sticking up, a stuffed fake pheasant neck and head...and a blaze orange cap-brim.

...Because, you know, nothing says "Don't shoot me!" like wearing a bird replica on your head...
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

ANonnyMouse

I'd suggest reviewing Dr. Suess's "Old Hat, New Hat" for a whole bunch of crazy and fancy hats. Anytime anyone says anything about hats that are special in any way, I think back to my childhood books and those silly and fantastical headgear.

Lego3400

I suggest the Classic Final Fantasy style Red Mage hat. You can't go wrong with a red Fedora and a white feather.

llearch n'n'daCorna

There's always a few hats in TF2. And Minecraft has a bunch as well, if you run out.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Merlin

Now that I think of it, Melbourne Cup Day is coming, and I'm sure Abel would look stunning in a suitably garish fascinator

Haverberg

It's obvious. She needs to pay proper homage to Girl Genius creator Phil Foglio with Gil's "Magnificent hat". http://girlgenius.wikia.com/wiki/Magnificent_Hat

[

And yes, I registered just to post this...

Tuyu

Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on October 20, 2014, 12:55:16 PM
I wonder if they'll have tea and celebrate unbirthdays at this party.

It's clear to me now. Valve is run by warp-aci. It makes sense why there's no half life 3... They keep getting distracted by muffins and fancy hats.
Or they bliss out during the box design...

Sienna Maiu - M T

Surely such subtlety deserves to be rewarded!

Mind you, while the majority of my haterdashery pertains to head-coverings of the feminine variety, I'm fully willing to pitch in.
(in other news; omg, fascinators. yess~~)

Here are some hats that I like the look of;

• You of course have your classic bowlers and fedoras...

• Traditional and not-so-Traditional tophats...

(http://historicaltidbits.blogspot.ca/2013/06/1877-mens-hats.html)
[and naturally of course, Dan would want his hat back.]

• And women's hats which could maybe-possibly pass for male haute-couture (hat couture?) in the DMFA world

[/list]

And that's without mentioning military helmets, poor boy hats, Zorro-style, pirate hats, pill boxes, or cloches.
But just to make sure all of the bases are covered...

And for the sake of the nerdgasm in everyone... fezzes and stetsons.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Haverberg

I've always been a fan of antique French fireman helmets

But a Google image search for medieval and renaissance hats or medieval and renaissance headwear will keep a good-sized renfair stocked for decades.

Another approach would be to enter "hat xth century" into Google image search. You start getting good results at 10th century, and they get progressively more refined up to around 16th century.

17th century is post-wars of religion and rather severe in the pilgrim / musketeer / way, but of course women's hats are less affected by this:

18th century is flat-out "ship in wig" land and totally outlandish in that way.

but also sometimes beautiful ...

At 19th century it gets Victorian.