My first fursuiting experience

Started by Gabi, August 25, 2014, 07:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

So, I've been to AnthroCon 8 times so far, but I'd never worn a fursuit until 2 days ago. Why? Well... mainly because custom-made fursuits cost too much to be an option, and also because the cost of the extra bag on the plane would be prohibitive (I live in Argentina). So don't expect to see me fursuiting at AnthroCon.

But hey! Earlier this year someone I know was selling a used Princess Cadance fursuit at an amazingy affordable price (around 75 dollars for the whole set), so I seized the opportunity and bought it!

I was waiting for a good occasion to wear it, and that occasion came last Saturday at a local brony meetup. Here's how it went!

(You can click on the photos to see them in full size.)

Yes, I had some trouble getting into it, I didn't even notice the head was not placed correctly until a friend told me - and fixed it before the last picture - and the weather was ridiculously hot for a winter day, not to mention I had/have no heat-proof clothes to protect me, but still... even though I was baking inside the suit, it wasn't as bad as I had expected before I put it on.

I only walked around in the suit for a few minutes (I made sure to stop before the heat got the best of me, as I know I had a tendency to low blood pressure), but it was really fun! Children and parents came by to ask me questions and take pictures with me, and my friends seemed to be having as much fun as myself. And somehow I managed to get through it with my blood pressure intact and without dehydrating. Although I did drink half a liter of water within the next minute of taking the head off.

So, all in all, it was really fun. I will undoubtedly do it again some other time. :D
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

bradypodidae

The most awesome and bestest Princess Cadance ever!

It looks as though you had fun!
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tapewolf

Wow, that's quite a bargain.  And heh, I remember panicking over whether Daryil's head was on right the last night at AC... I had real problems getting the chest fluff to say inside the shirt too.

But yes, it's surprisingly addictive, and far more fun than you would reasonably expect.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

thegayhare

awwww cute...  is jealous

I wishe I had more chances to suit...  my death of rats really isnt appropriate for playing around most places though

Gabi

Thanks, guys! ^_^

Fun fact: oneof my friends saw me in the suit and didn't know who I was, so he was surprised when I took it off. He then said something along the lines of "you're the one who bought it? I support you! I was afraid one of the guys might buy it, that would have been really awkward."
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sofox

Pfffffft!

Anyway, congrats and really happy you had a lot of fun!