2014/07/11 Filler Comic- The Con Cruds

Started by Chairtastic, July 11, 2014, 12:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairtastic

*insert 7/11 joke here*

That is some nice artistic wizardry, Merlin.  Also that's a lot of Cubi.  :V

Quick side note: Is the Con Crud just a thing that happens?  Or is it like a Russian Roulette thing?

Merlin

Ohh sweet, I'm glad my comic was of use - and also sad to hear the conplague has struck. Get well soon, Amber! I think I already said that on twitter. Still though!

My only regret is that I should have crammed more cameos into this comic. More! MORE!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Meany on July 11, 2014, 12:48:45 AM
Quick side note: Is the Con Crud just a thing that happens?  Or is it like a Russian Roulette thing?

The convention (so to speak) at conventions is that people get sick. The reason behind this is that everyone is jammed into a room sharing breath with everyone else at close range (metaphorically speaking - I know the con is larger than a single room, but bear with me here) so that anything anyone has is spread to everyone.

This is not a problem if you have a reasonable immune system - you might get the sniffles, but that'll be about it. For Ambaaargh, though, CON is her dump stat. So she gets majorly unwell. :-( Fortunately, a few days clear and she'll probably pull back into mostly okay, like everyone else, but there you go.

Thinking about it, I reckon Ambaargh dumped her con into her hubby's score, somehow. >.>
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cajun

Generally we all get very little sleep at cons mix that with food of the not so healthy variety, and it puts a dent in our immune systems. Then you have masses.. no HOARDS of people flocking to a dealer's room table, breathing all over, touching all your prints and pens and such. It's a recipe for disaster...

I'd feel some sympathy, but I also got con crud due to a sick person in my car on the way home. D:

... Also Amber never gave me any chocolate covered coffee beans >:E

There's always a hidden layer of penises...

Alondro

*Charline fehs*  To heck with cameos!  I demand to become the main character!

Because lions are the awesomest. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

Since :shapeshifters it could be argued that every one has been cameo'd already we just didn't recognize the form they were in

D'ymkarra

Quote from: thegayhare on July 11, 2014, 02:04:29 PM
Since :shapeshifters it could be argued that every one has been cameo'd already we just didn't recognize the form they were in

While this would be true for most 'Cubi, since I'm kind of a derp in that department, wysiwyg..  :mowcookie
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

ZacAttac21

Careful what you wish for, Peony. We may very well get our cameos all at once... getting stomped by the Dragons. 'Cuz you know that fight is coming up eventually.

Naldru

It appears that the filler appears on www.missmab.com but not on dmfa.katbox.net.  Just in case anyone is looking at Katbox and trying to determine what we are talking about.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on July 12, 2014, 09:21:03 PM
It appears that the filler appears on www.missmab.com but not on dmfa.katbox.net.  Just in case anyone is looking at Katbox and trying to determine what we are talking about.

I heard Mab doesn't have access to katbox until she gets home.
Lately the guest comics haven't been archived anyway so it's probably not going to end up on katbox at all.
Hopefully Merlin will post a more permanent link here and/or upload the thing to FA.

I know it's on Merlin's site, and I have the link, but it may be from a private part of her site.

EDIT: Wait, it is on FA:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13957312/

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

lemurvid

Quote from: Merlin on July 12, 2014, 11:49:31 PM

So what's that from Merlin?
Being an old person I do not have the same brain-access to old games as some... :mowsad

thegayhare