[Visual Arts] Hazzy's Misc. Arts :: Coloured Commission by Mew

Started by xHaZxMaTx, August 22, 2006, 10:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Fuyudenki

blame?  who said anything about blame?  That's one of the best chuckles I've had all day!

Tapewolf

Woah.  I was expecting a more subdued colour scheme than that, but it's a great job of colouring her.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

xHaZxMaTx

Zedd

Quote from: Raist on September 10, 2007, 05:51:44 PM
Quote from: xTaMxZaHx on September 10, 2007, 05:29:32 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. :3

Anyway, do you feel lucky, punk? ;)

Seriously, that is a huge gun! D:  Now if you'll excuse, I'm going to go put my hands in a bag of ice.

*imagines the character in the picture slowly falling forwards, because her feet are WAY too far back for her center of gravity.* xD

Great coloring job, though.
I like you tell her that Raist..Shes a cyborg..And she can do anything most normal people cant...Plus shes holding the gun

xHaZxMaTx

It's a matter of physics, not strength. ;)  If she were standing like that, she would fall over.

Zedd

Quote from: xTaMxZaHx on September 10, 2007, 07:34:20 PM
It's a matter of physics, not strength. ;)  If she were standing like that, she would fall over.
Everytime you drag real physics to fictional char..I kill a kitten..

bill

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: xTaMxZaHx on September 10, 2007, 07:34:20 PM

... unless she has -very- strong toes/feet, extremely heavy hair and/or tail, or a combination of both.

A heavy tail would bring a whole new meaning into "getting some tail", now, wouldn't it? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

xHaZxMaTx

Ode to a Push-Mower

Fuck you.

llearch n'n'daCorna

* llearch n'n'daCorna applauds

Succinct and to the point. ;-]

bill

Sunblink

You touched my heart, Haz.  :cry You have such a way with words.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Cogidubnus

Such moving words I've never read.  :<

Well...Frost did write something similar, admittedly.

I went to turn the grass once after one   
Who mowed it in the dew before the sun.   

The dew was gone that made his blade so keen   
Before I came to view the leveled scene.   

I looked for him behind an isle of trees;          
I listened for his whetstone on the breeze.   

But he had gone his way, the grass all mown,   
And I must be, as he had been,—alone,

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 28, 2007, 07:38:38 PM
Well...Frost did write something similar, admittedly.

I much prefer Haz' version.  It has a brutal simplicity to it.

Zedd

xHaZxMaTx

Sorry to all the other peeps I owe stuff to, I'll get 'round to it. :<

Anywho, not really sure what to say 'cept here it is and it's coloured.  Please excuse the cliche background; it looked empty and that's all I could think to do. :dface

Posted with Keats' and Pal's permission.

Paladin Sheppard

Tapewolf

Very nice.  I like the colouring on the bow.  The lettering is difficult to spot, although I suppose that's the idea.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard
Thanks Haz I owe ya!!

Hardly - I owe you, remember? :P

Quote from: Tapewolf
The lettering is difficult to spot, although I suppose that's the idea.

Well, I wanted it to be legible, but still camo-ish; I had to outline in black or else it would have been next to impossible to read.  The bow was just a camo pattern I found on Google.

Zedd

xHaZxMaTx

Keepin' it afloat.  Thought this looked cool, anyway. :3

Click to enlarge.

Had to cut out the car, redo the windows (so you couldn't see the original background), redo the shadow of the car (same reason), make the reflection on the ground (which is not as easy as just flipping the image), add all the nifty bloom effects, make the background, etc., etc.  Didn't actually plan on making this, it just sorta... happened.  Very pleased with the result, though. :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Haz's latest post has been split off and transferred to the Long Library, by request.

xHaZxMaTx

Wee, content.  Pretty pictures!
I was thumbing through my PhotoBucket, yesterday, and stumbled across these photos I took out in the Mojave desert a little less than a year ago.  It was supposed to be a really big storm, so my dad I headed up that way just for shits and giggles (and it hadn't rained in town for quite some time).  The times it did rain, it poured, but it was patchy and it only lasted about a half-hour.
Anywho, got some spiffy pics out of it.

Click to Enlarge

xHaZxMaTx

Oh look, more of Keats' stuff coloured. :B  ...Stop looking at me like that, it's not my fault people only ever ask me to colour her stuff! D:

*Cough,* ...Anyway, this is actually my second time colouring this, because the first version was just awful (and I used a tutorial, go fig.).  I'm much happier with this version, even though it took about half the time of the previous attempt and was probably 10 times easier. :P

Posted with both Cog's and Keats' permission.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Cogidubnus

It just hit me that I completely forgot to comment in this thread.  :<

It's a very nice piece of work, Hazzeh. I like it very much, and I still think that it's a very interesting way of coloring that you did there. Thank you very much.  :3

xHaZxMaTx

Hey, look, more stuff inked and coloured, but not drawn, by me because I can't draw D:  'Tis a sketch I commissioned from Mew of that guy in my signature and avatar as a she (blame llearch and Ink), commonly referred to as 'Shazzy'.  Cute, no? :D  I originally wasn't going to bother posting this here, but somebody insisted I did. :razz

Posted with Mew's permission.

I used to just use the pen tool in Photoshop to ink, but that's boring.  Experimented with some other methods of inking, and decided that, while it's insanely time-consuming, and it makes my whole right arm cramp up, the polygon lasso is the way to go.  There's probably easier/better ways to do the same thing, but I have yet to find them, and the end result is worth the extra work. :3  So, yeah, I think the only tools I used to make this were the polygon lasso, fill, gradient and smear tools.  Also: I still suck at shading hair. :<

And be sure to tell Mew how awesome her lineart is. :>

Cogidubnus

As I've said before Haz, the coloring is simply fantastic. It's vibrant, and it jumps straight off the page - although I don't know anything about coloring, I do know pretty when I see it - and it is very pretty. :3

Excellently done, both Mew and Hazzy.

Fuyudenki

How did I never find out what a good artist Mew is?  Wow.

I thought that was Ink's work for a minute... but then, I see.  It's got cuter lines than he uses, and Ink never gives female characters a chest that small!

Good stuph! :boggle
(whatever happened to that smiley with the animated rainbow eyes?)