[Visual Arts] Hazzy's Misc. Arts :: Coloured Commission by Mew

Started by xHaZxMaTx, August 22, 2006, 10:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Lovely, now you need to livery it up.

xHaZxMaTx

I don't know how to do textures. :cry  But I've been looking at some tutorials for 3D Studio, so...

xHaZxMaTx

Sleep deprivation has strange effects on the brain. So very tired. :<  (It took me 5 tries to hit the period key and not the forward slash key.)

xHaZxMaTx

Wewt, shiny!  That glossy red color looks like a candy apple, I want to take a bite out of it. :giggle

Tapewolf

Quote from: Hazzy on March 10, 2007, 10:26:38 PM
Wewt, shiny!  That glossy red color looks like a candy apple, I want to take a bite out of it. :giggle

My software really is outdated compared to that.  What are you using?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

xHaZxMaTx

Autodesk 3D Studio Viz.  Not quite sure how it's different from 3D Studio Max, it seems capable of everything Max can do.  Though I only use 3DS for rendering, I model in SketchUp.

e_voyager

is that better then 3d studio max? i have and old version of that but i rarely use it.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

xHaZxMaTx

I don't know what to do
I used to live for the weekends
Waiting for you, just to say hi
That's all I ever really looked forward to
I've been in bed all day, crying
I don't even remember the last time I cried
You were my safety net, a false sense of security
I can see now that you never really cared for me
And I'm not really sure why you never stopped it
Or kept it from happening to begin with
Maybe it didn't matter to you
How I felt
After all of this, you're still all I can think about.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Hazzy from Taski's Thread on April 20, 2007, 10:48:50 AM
*Twitch.*  Must... colour...

(Drawn by Amber and outlined and coloured by me.)

Zedd

Supercheese

Now add an empty speech bubble and say "Here guys, knock yourselves out!"

... or not.

xHaZxMaTx

At first I thought you meant I should put 'Here guys, knock yourselves out!' in the speech bubble. :lol

llearch n'n'daCorna

... the question is, who's talking?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Supercheese

Quote from: Hazzy on April 21, 2007, 02:08:05 AM
At first I thought you meant I should put 'Here guys, knock yourselves out!' in the speech bubble. :lol

Now that I look at it, it does kinda seem that way... but we both know what I really meant.

xHaZxMaTx

I never see people incorporate atmospheric refraction (heat waves) into these sort of things.  The original picture is a screenshot from a game (GTR2).

Original

PhotoShop Edit

2nd Edit

xHaZxMaTx

Meh, bored, got nothin' better to do, thought I'd practice some PSing.  128 layers and counting...

WIP

Original

Zedd

xHaZxMaTx

Sterescopic-y! :mowdizzy

Just experimenting/messing around with what can be done with 3D. :P

For those of you who don't know how a stereograph works, two images are taken (photographs, screenshots, etc.) with two slightly different perspectives (like having two cameras next to each other focused on the same point) and placed next to each other.  This is used to give the illusion of depth.  For this to work, you must cross your eyes so that the two images overlap and voila! :)

Aridas

I think you did it wrong, because the shadows have also changed.

xHaZxMaTx

Tapewolf

Nice.  The spoiler at the back seems slightly odd, but apart from that it worked well.

Aridas

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on August 27, 2007, 05:28:21 PM
Why wouldn't they?
i'm fairly sure the shadows wouldn't move unless you moved the object or the light source, and you're not supposed to do that.

xHaZxMaTx

Well, there are four sources of light, so some shadows may show up more prominently from one angle than another.  And the only thing I moved was the camera, so...

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 27, 2007, 05:39:57 PM
Nice.  The spoiler at the back seems slightly odd, but apart from that it worked well.
Mind if I ask what specifically is odd about it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on August 27, 2007, 05:52:28 PM
Mind if I ask what specifically is odd about it?
Unfortunately I can't describe what I'm seeing.  It seems slightly less tangible than the rest of it.

xHaZxMaTx

Hmm...  I'm thinking that may have something to do with the reflections due to the shape of the wing.

bill

I still hate the high nose, but that's just personal preference. The low rear-wing is good for a high top-speed setup, which is nice. Looks like it's ready for a speedway race. If only ChampCar still did those. And had more than 17 cars. And still had good races.

God, I miss CART. Champ Car's nothing but a shadow of CART's brilliance.

xHaZxMaTx

If I could get SketchUp working, I'd humour you and try my hand at a CART car.  I need practice. :/