8/01/09 [DMFA #1025] - Fae Fire Hazard

Started by Jairus, August 01, 2009, 12:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Hm... interesting. Why are her antennae catching fire like that? Does she feel guilty about being tied into that Fae curse? Or is it because he used the word "unsettled?"

Actually, I wonder if she's telling the truth about Fae not interfering in another Fae's curses. It kinda makes sense, but it could just be her covering her tracks.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Baal Hadad

Yay!  New chapter!  :D

Yeah, I'm perplexed as to what exactly set off that reaction too--not why, but WHAT....   :erk

M

New chapter time! Sweet!

Now I'm super curious about what Mab is up to. Antenna fires are never a good sign.

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 01, 2009, 01:15:37 AM
"It would mean the world to me."

Oh-hoh.

Yeah, that was the first thing that came to my mind too, although I still don't know why (or even if) that would set her off....

Jairus

Quote from: Baal Hadad on August 01, 2009, 12:56:50 AM
Yay!  New chapter!  :D
Heh, I missed that. "Fae." Oh dear, this could be... interesting. I sense more grief for poor Jyrras in the not-too-distant future of the next day or two/hundred strips.

Kenji

I give the fire a 2/10. Needs more fwoosh.

Fex

I think she might have eten a bit to much hot sauce

Madmann135

Hummm... I guess the fae curse balances out.  
Dan loves Fae curses to the point he blatantly abuses them and Jyrras is unsettled by them considering they act like a shield against harm... even remote harm.

Which makes me wonder... what little tricks Jyrras has against those that would do him harm!?   ...Maybe a giant mecha fae with magic based death-beams... or being able to beat many track records...

Mab may think things through but it looks like she neglected to take into account the interesting personality of Jyrras.
now I wonder what else can send fae antenna ablaze...

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Lego3400

The only other times we've seen her Antennae like that is when she's angry. She doesn't look at all angry here.... Then there was the time that nature dude grabbing them caused her glen to blow up.... Lets hope nothing explodes...

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 01, 2009, 01:51:43 AM
The only other times we've seen her Antennae like that is when she's angry. She doesn't look at all angry here.... Then there was the time that nature dude grabbing them caused her glen to blow up.... Lets hope nothing explodes...

She looks angry to me, at least a little bit....

TheDXM

Kuari

I would say its her Mabby senses tingling, but the one time that happened was a bright glow...  either way, I predict fire.

Jairus

Quote from: Kuari on August 01, 2009, 02:12:36 AM
I would say its her Mabby senses tingling, but the one time that happened was a bright glow...  either way, I predict fire.
And that leads to another Alexsi lecture, this one four hours long. Hm... Alexture?

Raiettei

I like this comic as a sort of emotion study of Mab.

Every panel depicts a different facial expression... it just makes my back tingle, is all.

But, as it has been said a few times before me, I wonder just WHAT set off the Mabby flames...?

INTRIGUE!

Kuari

Maybe Dan caused Fi to FLAME ON!!!  Or something like that...  I predict much hilarity in trying to teach Dan how to control the flow of magic to Fi...  oh god...  Fizilla images... 

Aganerral

Not getting the feeling that it's what Jy-Jy said that made Mab spontaneously combust.  No matter how I look at it I can't see anything odd or foreshadowing in it, so probably something that's happening external to the scene that she's pickign up on.

!KCA

Whatever it was, it was also enough to get Mab's claws out. Something has happened to trigger her fight-or-flight response, perhaps?

RJ

Can I actually toast marshmallows over those?

Brownie

Hmm...
Little bit of plot.
No-one's sure if there's any truth.
Fire.
Unsettling end panel?

Brownie Likes.

And is it just me or does she seem..."Off"...in the last panel?

Malakin

Maybe Mab has been in such a situation before with another world? Someone said a simmilar thing, Mab helped out and the fey doing the cursing might have overreacted and done somthing like destroy said world :F

Or maybe its just that she went through all that effort to get him cursed to protect him that she is kinda pissed that she might have to get it removed incase Jy starts experimenting in ways of removing it himself :O

Random speculation FTW!
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Kenji on August 01, 2009, 01:27:51 AM
I give the fire a 2/10. Needs more fwoosh.

"It's not how big your fwoosh is, it's how you use it." Richard 4:12

Anyway, I think what set Mab off may be the fact that Jyrras spoke of it, "meaning the world to [him]," when the reason that he in fact has the bangles in the first place is so that no one would dare to interrupt his creating something that Mab may or may not use to... Dare I say it?! TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!! Of course, that is assuming that Mab's plan is indeed to take over the world. She might just be plotting to have a really shiny robo-Pip made for twice the Dan tormenting.

Quote from: Malakin on August 01, 2009, 04:46:49 AM
Random speculation FTW!

Seconded!

Ted Schiller

Dealing with a whiny kid that wants something that would be bad for him.  Could that be it?  >:O

With regards,
Ted

Keleth

"Liar liar pants on fire"

I assume it's related.
Help! I'm gay!

Ghostwish

Ooooo, my curiosity levels are peaking! Was it something the Jy-man said, or is she sensing something? Something with Dan? Something with Pip? Maybe even Rose!

*repeatedly and hopelessly clicks the next strip button* WHYYYY WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME SOOOOO  :U

inuhanyo

Remember that Fae are nonlinear entities.  So it's possible that another manifestation of Mab has reason to get angry, somewhere else in the multi-verse.

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on August 01, 2009, 09:50:38 AM
Remember that Fae are nonlinear entities.  So it's possible that another manifestation of Mab has reason to get angry, somewhere else in the multi-verse.
Maybe.  I'd have thought she would be 'sandboxed' between different continua, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

I think we all agree that it was either something Jyrras said or something else (which doesn't really say much).

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 01, 2009, 01:44:38 AM
Hummm... I guess the fae curse balances out. 
Dan loves Fae curses to the point he blatantly abuses them and Jyrras is unsettled by them considering they act like a shield against harm... even remote harm.

Which makes me wonder... what little tricks Jyrras has against those that would do him harm!?   ...Maybe a giant mecha fae with magic based death-beams... or being able to beat many track records...
I think it's more of a matter of no one wanting to mess with him in fear of having to deal with the Fae who cursed him. Who would want to get in the way of a Fae's revenge?

And I believe Jyrras is afraid of the punishment Albanion could eventually decide for him.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sofox

Guys, something puts me off about the art in this comic and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

I mean, compared to, for example, comics on either side of: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_847.php (I really loved the art and colour around that time); something about he current strip seems desaturated, or flat, or just something. Maybe it's just that the one I linked to seems to flow better, more relaxed or something. I can't put my finger on it, it evades me and seems to rely more on the gestalt of the strips rather then individual details, the only thing I can clearly point out is that Mab's cuffs are a different colour between but that's just a clothing detail so couldn't be it.

I don't mean to be finicky here, but it is something that got on my mind.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on August 01, 2009, 10:48:37 AM
Guys, something puts me off about the art in this comic and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

I can't see it myself.

As for Mab, the more I look at this the more I'm thinking that she's been summoned or something by another Fae, rather than it being caused by what Jy said.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E