06/26/2009 [Abel #60] - The...Librarian?

Started by Cogidubnus, June 26, 2009, 01:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

:O

Well. I guess we know a little bit more about what, exactly, the consequences of the 'library incident' were, now don't we...

JackTheCubiWolf

I'm back, and tired.

Jairus

What... the... frig?!

Well, apparently she is still just as scary in PINK as she is in other colors. Of course, she might just change her colors to match her mood... and she was feeling a bit dark when the wallpaper was made.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Janus Whitefurr

The colour makes perfect sense the more I think about it.

Yee-ee-eeeessss...
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

insidexml

So, did anybody predict that it would be Miss Oolong speaking? :U
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Baal Hadad

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on June 26, 2009, 01:59:17 AM
I think we may soon see the incident.

I kind of hope not--it's like the Noodle Incident....

Quote from: insidexml on June 26, 2009, 02:08:35 AM
So, did anybody predict that it would be Miss Oolong speaking? :U

Me.  I did.  :P

EDIT: I find it amusing that Mink responds with spoken words to being told through thought not to talk so much....

AmigaDragon

I seem to recall something about Oolong being a mythos, though from this clearer/brighter imagery than the wallpaper, I'd say mythos-succubus.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Anri

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 26, 2009, 02:37:52 AM
I seem to recall something about Oolong being a mythos, though from this clearer/brighter imagery than the wallpaper, I'd say mythos-succubus.

No, no. Just mythos.

What, you didn't think Mythos could change their colours? Pfft. Shapechanging isn't exclusive to 'Cubi, just like eating souls isn't exclusive to 'Cubi. They're just the "usual suspects"...

... My opinion, of course, based on what I've seen Amber say. YMMV, and usually does...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sid

I was waiting for Oolong to show up anywhere outside the wallpaper! :boogie
Interesting color change - I wonder why or how frequently she changes them.
:boogie

LoneHowler

I wonder if something aweful happened to miss Oolong that changed her
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Mikokit

Ohsweetjesu. This just makes the Librarian's current form even more terrifying. I wonder if her body extends throughout the entire library, or just the main part. Does anyone else wonder what her collar signifies?

Tapewolf

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on June 26, 2009, 01:59:17 AM
I think we may soon see the incident.
Nope, unless things have changed that's not going to be part of the story.  Usually this sort of thing is better if you're left to guess about it...

Quote from: LoneHowler on June 26, 2009, 04:15:34 AM
I wonder if something aweful happened to miss Oolong that changed her
Who knows.  For some reason I find the fact that she's so precisely adopted Fa'Lina's colours and dress sense to be rather interesting.  Of course, Fa'Lina is supposedly very much a trend-setter so there's probably (hopefully) nothing more to it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jer-oh-me

I'll bet she's a theme shifter, and probably bases her current appearance on what she's reading lately, she is the librarian after all. Also I've never seen that wallpaper before, that is a most awesome looking library. For some reason, I prefer a library to be fantastical rather than science fiction, cause this computer with its connection to the internet is basically the science fiction version of a library. I guess people don't disobey shooshings from THIS librarian.

Scarydragon

This is just a wacky thought, but maybe her colour changes depending on how much light is shining on her? The wallpaper pic has a darkened setting after all. I dunno, just a random thought.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

LoneHowler

Edit: Scarydragon beat me to it but I'll keep my post, but you can skip over it since it's a much more wordy explanation to what Scarydragon said
great mnds hink alike
I have a second theroy. she may have only two forms a day form and a night form. In the wallpaper the windows at the top of the library are dark, and there are lamps lit in the lybrary. In the comic everything is brightly lit even though you don't see lamps. I'm guesssing the library is mainly lit by natural light in the day and is a wonderful place to visit, but once the sun starts setting most of the students will be in a rush to check out before things get dark
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Wanderer

...Wow. Seeing Oolong in pastels is almost creepier than her dark form, although that's mostly because I HAVE seen the dark form and know that she can do that.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Is it me, or does Mrs Oolong just end at about her waist and is replaced by some sort of mechanical (or at least metallic) thingy?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 26, 2009, 06:53:31 AM
Is it me, or does Mrs Oolong just end at about her waist and is replaced by some sort of mechanical (or at least metallic) thingy?

That's the pillar.  There's a hole in it which she's coming out of.

See also: http://missmab.com/DLoads/DMFA_Wallpaper28_1024.jpg

undadog

Quote from: Wanderer on June 26, 2009, 06:36:35 AM
...Wow. Seeing Oolong in pastels is almost creepier than her dark form, although that's mostly because I HAVE seen the dark form and know that she can do that.

For me, the fact that she has no eye pupils is what creeps me out, like Cyra.

Turnsky

her color either signifies mood (giant mood-ring) or the library's temperature *nods*

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 26, 2009, 06:56:36 AM

Ahh, never saw that Wallpaper. That is *cool*, almost like she's a spirit of a place, in this case the library.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

That's the pillar.  There's a hole in it which she's coming out of.

Technically, I think Amber said she _was_ the building. Pillar, columns, tentacles, head, and body, it's all her.

Or so I recall...

Wanderer

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 26, 2009, 07:12:08 AM

Ahh, never saw that Wallpaper. That is *cool*, almost like she's a spirit of a place, in this case the library.
She IS the library. I remember Amber saying that Oolong's type of mythos incorporates itself into a building, essential forming a living piece of architecture. The body we see in the pillar is more like a terminal to interact with her, rather than being any significant part of her body.

Alterationartist

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 26, 2009, 07:12:08 AM

Ooh, yeah, because being a spirit of a silent place of learning is "cool". lol
Round 9!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wanderer on June 26, 2009, 07:17:45 AM
She IS the library. I remember Amber saying that Oolong's type of mythos incorporates itself into a building, essential forming a living piece of architecture. The body we see in the pillar is more like a terminal to interact with her, rather than being any significant part of her body.

http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum3067.htm#ref69

...that's about her integrating with the building, though I don't know of a reference for llearch's statement claim that she's physically the building itself.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 26, 2009, 07:19:32 AM
http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum3067.htm#ref69

...that's about her integrating with the building, though I don't know of a reference for llearch's statement that she's physically the building itself.

That would be an impression, and guesswork, not a statement of fact. The only person who can state facts is Amber, or anyone linking to her saying something. All else is merely opinion...

In other words, that was my impression, and I'm happy if someone can educate me as to my errors.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 26, 2009, 07:36:35 AM
That would be an impression, and guesswork, not a statement of fact. The only person who can state facts is Amber, or anyone linking to her saying something. All else is merely opinion...

'Statement' was perhaps the wrong choice of words there.  I originally wrote 'claim' but it sounded too much like I was trying to disprove it  :P

Mao

Times like this I think I'm reminded why I always enjoy a good book:  Sexy librarians.

I had joked previously with Amber after the strip with naked Dan and she commented that there's going to need to be some fan service for the guys to make up for that:  I consider this a good start. ;-)

There, now that the creepy is out of the way... I have to say I'm not sure that Mink is stopping because it seems to be a voice in his head (I don't know if this mythos is a telepath or not, and don't care to speculate) but more that she's the librarian and thus in charge of the library.  Most folks tend to respect that and be silent when told to.  (Yes yes, there are always jerks who don't, I know, keep your counter examples to yourself).  Toss on the unquestionable fact that she happens to essentially 'be' the library, entwined even with the foundations of the building itself it would seem wise not to irk it.

Slight amount of seriousness aside and slight amount of creepy added back in, despite being entwined with the building she also seems to have an awful lot of tentacles and that alone would encourage me to stay on her good side, lest those be used on me in less than pleasant ways.  Sure, Cubi have tentacles too and great control of them.. but I'd dare say she has more.. and much larger ones.

Alondro

*Charline nods to Mao*  Tentacles make everything better!    :3

Talking bunnies can be evil and terrifying, as we see here.  So, by eating them, I'm doing you all a favor!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif