06/15/09 [DMFA #1016] - For your own good

Started by Lisky, June 15, 2009, 01:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

... poor Fi, gets big, and still can't stick up for himself

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

OminousShadow

New Shirt:$13, Make-Up Supplies:$20, the look on Abel's face when he realizes Fi has Cyra's Mark on his forehead:Priceless. There are some things money can't buy. Thank God though that those things are given to us by plot.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

LoneHowler

Yeah poor guy cant catch a break, but wont not having a mark be a big red flag?
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Jairus

Actually, that mark completely slipped it's mind. But by Abel's expression, it slipped his mind too... I guess Danny boy will be getting an idea of the kind of enemies he has soon.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

OminousShadow

I just thought of something else about Clan Marks. A Warp-Aci has the color of the Clan's mark as a glow around them. Though I am pretty sure most adventurers aren't smart enough to realize it, couldn't they tell what Clan a Warp-Aci could belong to by their glow. I'm pretty sure there are clans that don't have identically colored Clan Marks
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

M

Quote from: OminousShadow on June 15, 2009, 01:44:25 AM
I just thought of something else about Clan Marks. A Warp-Aci has the color of the Clan's mark as a glow around them. Though I am pretty sure most adventurers aren't smart enough to realize it, couldn't they tell what Clan a Warp-Aci could belong to by their glow. I'm pretty sure there are clans that don't have identically colored Clan Marks

I just checked the archive quick and found a cubi and warp-aci with very similarly colored marks/glows as Dan and Fi. http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_553.php

So I guess there is some overlap when it comes to colors. One less thing for Dan (and Abel) to worry about.

JackTheCubiWolf

I'm back, and tired.

OminousShadow

Quote from: Marmonstein on June 15, 2009, 01:51:54 AM
Quote from: OminousShadow on June 15, 2009, 01:44:25 AM

I just checked the archive quick and found a cubi and warp-aci with very similarly colored marks/glows as Dan and Fi. http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_553.php

So I guess there is some overlap when it comes to colors. One less thing for Dan (and Abel) to worry about.

That does appear likely. But if there are those who knows what Colors of Clan marks have Tri Wing Leaders and those that have similar color clan marks that don't have leaders, they would just look into the Warp-Aci's owners personal background and probably do snooping where they live to find out for sure.

Amber Williams

Cubi aren't the only race that can summon Warp-Aci.
Really just about any race with the magic and the know-how can.  It's just Warp Aci are trendier in Cubi circles so are more common. 

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 15, 2009, 01:58:39 AM
Really just about any race with the magic and the know-how can.  It's just Warp Aci are trendier in Cubi circles so are more common. 

like artists and messenger bags *nods*

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Baal Hadad

The first thing I thought when I saw this comic was:

Would a marker even WORK on a Warp-Aci?

Then again, Abel did hold Fi over a BLENDER, Pip did bite Fi on more than one occasion....

I no longer have a clue why that question entered my mind....

But a funny comic!   :giggle  Don't worry, Abel, you weren't the only one....

senrath

Poor Fi.  Can't seem to catch a break.

Also, the website's title bar made me chuckle.  Such a good song :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 15, 2009, 01:58:39 AM
Really just about any race with the magic and the know-how can.

Now I'm curious.  What happens regarding the clan mark?  Do they just end up white and unmarked like when Fi was unbound?

Quote from: Baal Hadad on June 15, 2009, 02:06:53 AM
Would a marker even WORK on a Warp-Aci?
Then again, Abel did hold Fi over a BLENDER, Pip did bite Fi on more than one occasion....
Now I'm getting a vision of Abel flying around the room on Fi's back.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Psaakyrn

Of cause, due to the issue of warp-aci being somewhat magical and glowy in nature, Abel's likely going to have to paint Fi's whole body anyway. Especially since it could be suspicious for a warp-aci to have a glow colour without any symbols. (the only warp aci we've seen without a symbol had a grey glow (and conveniently Fi as well))
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Amber Williams

As the Demonology 101 says.

QuoteA Warp-Aci will almost always have the marking of its owner on their forehead. This symbol is what ties them to their owner.

Almost always tends to mean there are those without. And a symbol doesn't always have to mean clan symbol. It could be something like someones initials, or a symbol the creator made themselves. Or none at all.  It is more a trend with Cubi to use their clan symbol since SAIA tends to have more Warp Aci than average locations.  That and it is a lot easier for most Cubi making Warp Aci to simply link the Aci up to the underlying current of the clans power than use their own so it tends to default to traits similar to that clan, symbol and all.   The colours, the symbol, even the type of body and size the warp aci have...are generally left up to the summoner/creator to decide on.  While it is true that every Warp Aci seen so far glows, as that is the default, it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't optional. 

Hmmm, this strip does not smell like hastily plugged plot holes at all... ;)
Still, more than made up by the usual awesomeness and the interesting information about Warp Acis.

And poor Fi doesn't seem to have much luck with its new form...

Raiettei

Geez, Fi! Get bigger and the world doesn't really care.

S/he's still the universe's butt monkey.

Tapewolf

That might be a more practical solution than a permanent marker - Abel likes sewing, so surely he can make a Fi-sized hat.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 15, 2009, 05:21:10 AM

That might be a more practical solution than a permanent marker - Abel likes sewing, so surely he can make a Fi-sized hat.

For some reason I thought of the Squid hat mocking the one from the first Harry Potter. With the 'Put on your Squid Hat!' song. Now I'm imagining Fi wearing a Squid hat, and I find the mental image quite high-lair-ee-us.

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 15, 2009, 03:17:32 AM
As the Demonology 101 says.

QuoteA Warp-Aci will almost always have the marking of its owner on their forehead. This symbol is what ties them to their owner.

Almost always tends to mean there are those without. And a symbol doesn't always have to mean clan symbol. It could be something like someones initials, or a symbol the creator made themselves. Or none at all.  It is more a trend with Cubi to use their clan symbol since SAIA tends to have more Warp Aci than average locations.  That and it is a lot easier for most Cubi making Warp Aci to simply link the Aci up to the underlying current of the clans power than use their own so it tends to default to traits similar to that clan, symbol and all.   The colours, the symbol, even the type of body and size the warp aci have...are generally left up to the summoner/creator to decide on.  While it is true that every Warp Aci seen so far glows, as that is the default, it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't optional. 

i figured that warp-aci were essentially formless in their natural state and only have a form in whatever plain Furrae sits upon.
As for the symbol, i figure clan sigils, marks, family crests.... (even family tartan?  :B) would be applicable, i'm guessing that if, say Kria had herself a warp-aci, it'd have some sort of symbol or something linking back to her, a family crest, for example.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Corgatha Taldorthar

Something's been itching at me.

Abel freaks out when Fi suddenly grows. He seems to infer from this that Dan has his clan symbol showing now. This isn't too much of a stretch. If the Warp-Aci is powered by some undercurrent of clan might, and Dan has acquired a better grip on it which is reflected in the clan symbol, then some sort of change does seem very natural.

The thing is, if this boost suddenly made Fi grow in size, how come we don't see any other enormous warp-Aci? All the shots at SAIA have them around the same size as Fi. The only thing I can think of offhand is that it was Fa'Lina's power that summoned Fi, and then Dan comes along and gives a boost on top of it, albiet accidentally. This results in an Aci that gets a "double helping" of clan power, reflected in a  bigger (and possibly other effects yet unseen) Warp-Aci.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

lakobie

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 15, 2009, 08:28:35 AM
Something's been itching at me.

Abel freaks out when Fi suddenly grows. He seems to infer from this that Dan has his clan symbol showing now. This isn't too much of a stretch. If the Warp-Aci is powered by some undercurrent of clan might, and Dan has acquired a better grip on it which is reflected in the clan symbol, then some sort of change does seem very natural.

The thing is, if this boost suddenly made Fi grow in size, how come we don't see any other enormous warp-Aci? All the shots at SAIA have them around the same size as Fi. The only thing I can think of offhand is that it was Fa'Lina's power that summoned Fi, and then Dan comes along and gives a boost on top of it, albiet accidentally. This results in an Aci that gets a "double helping" of clan power, reflected in a  bigger (and possibly other effects yet unseen) Warp-Aci.

The colours, the symbol, even the type of body and size the warp aci have...are generally left up to the summoner/creator to decide on.

I think its Dan, he may have sub-consciously changed Fi's size from what information was given. However I'm not 100% sure as to what purpose it would serve other than to have a large glowing dogish magical warp creature with no real combat skills or strength. Or it could be what you said, but also when Fi was found unmarked the loss of connection with Fi also cut off the power.  :B

Psaakyrn

Actually, wouldn't having Fi shapeshift to something else solve the problem? Almost certain that no one would notice a clan symbol on a crumpled piece of paper, even if the clan symbol is there to begin with.

And on a side note, uncrumpled Fi has a symbol which doesn't seem to be Fa'Lina's clan symbol on it's back... is that the symbol for SAIA instead?
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on June 15, 2009, 01:55:17 AM
NOT THE SHARPY!! OH THE INHUMANITY!! :cry

Humanity? In Furrae? Impossible. They're a myth.

I be lovin' Abel's "Wait WHAT?!" face. He be makin' lots of new faces in the comic recently. :D
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

murmer

Oh, Amber! I'm sure you're getting such a kick out of all the terrific facial expressions you're putting Abel through right now.

It's good to see Abel has emotions OTHER THAN just smug jerkiness.  :giggle

Garsemor

Is it me or is Fi getting bigger by the strip. At first it seams he was dog sized (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_993.php), than he looked about pig sized (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1005.php), after that he looked human sized (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1013.php) and now he's almost horse size (http://missmab.com/index.php).
Maybe it's just me but he seems to be getting bigger and it sort of freaks me out.
Poor Fi has never had any luck, but I wonder if it would have changed the event of page 947 (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_947.php) if he had gotten the size boost sooner?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on June 15, 2009, 11:12:48 AM
Is it me or is Fi getting bigger by the strip.
Dunno about horse-sized, to me he looks like he might be the size of a very large dog.

Lucheek

I imagine if Abel does manage to get sharpie on Fi's forehead, for the next couple of minutes he's going to be a bit... tipsy from the smell. ;o

Aganerral

If that's the case, it might be easiest long run for Dan (as Fi's current' summoner) to do whatever is needed so that the marking doesn't show.  Or does Fa'lina still count as the summoner and they'd have to ask her?

As for the lack of other large Warp-Aci...what I had been thinking is that most warp-aci were summoned by already-powerful creatures.  Fi is sort of a unique case in that it was attached to an immature cubi who's still growing in his power.  The other alternative that came to mind is that Cyra imbued Fi with new power/knowledge through Fi's link to Dan...which would also explain Abel's reaction and how Abel knew Dan talked to Cyra.

Garsemor

Quote from: Aganerral on June 15, 2009, 11:30:40 AM
The other alternative that came to mind is that Cyra imbued Fi with new power/knowledge through Fi's link to Dan...which would also explain Abel's reaction and how Abel knew Dan talked to Cyra.

Don't know about knowledge, but I can understand Cyra giving Fi a power upgrade.