05/16/09 [DMFA #1002] - Understanding

Started by Raiettei, May 16, 2009, 02:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raiettei

So... Cyra really hasn't spoken to anybody in a while, huh?

"Only Destania remains"

Hurm. Wait... but...? Huh?

Madmann135

This begs the question to be asked...
Id De doing what she'd doing of her own will or is she doing what Cyra wants?

Oh and Dan has one HOT grandmother.
What... she is hot.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Feather Dancer

From what I gather Dee is her last DIRECT descendant so likely a daughter she had before hitting tri wing. Whelp clearly Fa'Lina and Cyra have one thing in common, love for GRANBABIES.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Jairus

My word... she's a chatterbox, isn't she?

Okay, apparently Destania no longer dreams, Dan is Cyra's grandson, only Dan and Destania are direct descendants of her though that doesn't preclude there being more Cyras out there... quite a bit for us to take in. But Cyra seems nice so far.

Okay, what song is Amber referencing this time?

EDIT: Bummer, beaten to the punch. Oh well.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Psy-Kosh

So... not great great great great great grandmother... Instead, Cyra is simply Dan's grandmother.

Now, why would it be that she cannot communicate except in dreams? (That is, it's said that the reason she is no longer in contact with Destinia is solely because Destinia no longer dreams.)

Now move out of the way, Dan, so that we can read the rest! :)

Buhamet

Wow, for once I was actually right predicting something from earlier

still, Dan being Cyra's grandson does kinda mean that there are quite a few possibilities and so on for the clan to rebuild itself

oh, and....... is it only me being sorta freaked out by her lack of eyes?

Frigid

Huh, I forgot that even clan leaders can be laid back and casual.

LoneHowler

I would like to know all of what was said in that wall of text, but I'm guessing it's nothing more than random nonsence that Amber made up to make it look like  Cyra is blathering on.
Athough I would love to be wrong if Amber graiciouly provides the text
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Madmann135

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on May 16, 2009, 02:52:17 AM
So... not great great great great great grandmother... Instead, Cyra is simply Dan's grandmother.

Now, why would it be that she cannot communicate except in dreams? (That is, it's said that the reason she is no longer in contact with Destinia is solely because Destinia no longer dreams.)

Now move out of the way, Dan, so that we can read the rest! :)

If we ask Amber nicely enough she might post that wall-o-text here.  I wanna know what Cyra was saying.  
Unfortunately even in his dreams Dan is as impatient as ever.
I mean it is his grandmother... the amount of info that can be talked out of her is endless.
She must have all sorts of embarrassing/funny secrets about De that we don't know about.  
For instance me... I learned where my love for fire came from... not my father's side but from my mother's side because I was talking to my grandmother and it came up.  I'm still laughing today after figuring out what my mom set fire to...

As to communicating in dreams, I'm guessing it has to do with psychic masking.  I am guessing going by what Fi said earlier that the Cyra clan has a higher psychic masking ability than most other clans.  This trait passed on down along the line making them harder to find/detect by conventional means.  

Quote from: Buhamet on May 16, 2009, 02:54:23 AM
oh, and....... is it only me being sorta freaked out by her lack of eyes?
you call them freaky... I call them mysterious, enchanting and cool.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on May 16, 2009, 02:52:17 AM

There could still be a couple more generations between Cyra and Dan, but just calling him grandson for simplicity.

I don't think it's that she can only communicate via dreams, she just had nobody else to communicate to in dreams. Other modes of communication involve closer proximity (or telephones  :mowwink ).

And so, we find that Cyra clan consists of only 3 cubi at the moment?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Feather Dancer

Well this is what I've managed to get so should do until we find out (If we do) everything she's saying :c And this is less boredem more computer scans are running and I need to kill time.

"A grandson! At long last! It has been so long since I have felt the presence of one of my descendants! So long have I -es for the -" Then can only work out the odd word.

"My apologies, It has been so long since I have had the option to communicate to one of my descendants . Only Destaina remains and she has long given up the ability to dream. Regardless, it fills my heart with joy that I have the option once again. And that I can finally meet my grandson for the first time. Albeit not Psychically but perhaps at a (safer?) point. (No idea bar the odd word now :D)"

I can also pick up she mentions destruction and it would be unwise to come in person which would make my safer guess accurate. She also mentions power and looking to something, possibly herself. So at a guess, he'd have to reach a certain stage before safe enough to see her in person as she cannot give her location away? Or even, cannot GET to where she is? Hm something to think about.

Psy-Kosh

"SerseenSarts" that's what I thought the word was too. it's actually "descendants"

and "albeit not physically"... ie, they're meeting psychically right now.

tiggertoo

I wonder what this all means in terms of power -- since a triwing founder's power "overflow" goes to their clan, does that mean that with only two others in Cyra's clan, they have considerably more power they could potentially tap into than members of a much larger clan? Just pondering this along with the significance of a certain WarpAci's sudden "growing up". Hmmmmm......

Sirius Griffon

Three? But wasn't it mentioned to be one of the more powerful clans? *Blinks*

Also sure, a heck of a lot could be talked out of her... but Dan's never exactly been keen on either history nor his cubi heritage...

((On a random note, he really does have a hot grandma. x-x I wonder if he really is a grandson or just a great... GAH! So many questions...))

Dard

I'm not yet convinced that Cyra clan is only three people strong right now.
It's still possible that clans are not bloodline only.
And "only Destania remains" also can interpreted in several ways. ("only of what?")

But I agree that it is most likely.

Most powerful but almost extinct at the same time. Not impossible.

Feather Dancer

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on May 16, 2009, 03:16:07 AM
"SerseenSarts" that's what I thought the word was too. it's actually "descendants"

I'll edit then :c

Kipiru

You gotta love Dan's expression in the last panel! Amber is really good at drawing awkward faces! I love it!

Tsunari

So Clan Cyra is really endangered too?

LigerJet

Typical grandmother.  Sees their grandchild for the first time in a long time (or for the first time ever), and does nothing but talk talk talk talk yadayadayada.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Feather Dancer on May 16, 2009, 03:24:55 AM
Quote from: Psy-Kosh on May 16, 2009, 03:16:07 AM

I'll edit then :c

Well, to clarify, that's "as near as I can tell, based on squinting at the words and looking at the context". I realize now the way I said it made it sound like I had some extra authoritative info.

Ganurath

NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

martINSANE

Aren't there like only a few triwings left?
So Cyra clan would be really powerful for that even it just has three members. Triwings are supposed to be nigh-godlike in power after all.

foxxfurry

Hi, I believe it's  from "Kenny Rogers, Coward of the County"
Quote from: Jairus on May 16, 2009, 02:50:55 AM
My word... she's a chatterbox, isn't she?

Okay, apparently Destania no longer dreams, Dan is Cyra's grandson, only Dan and Destania are direct descendants of her though that doesn't preclude there being more Cyras out there... quite a bit for us to take in. But Cyra seems nice so far.

Okay, what song is Amber referencing this time?

EDIT: Bummer, beaten to the punch. Oh well.

Feather Dancer

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on May 16, 2009, 03:46:56 AM
Well, to clarify, that's "as near as I can tell, based on squinting at the words and looking at the context". I realize now the way I said it made it sound like I had some extra authoritative info.

Nah don't worry it's the smiley. I have a habit of using : c but for some reason it makes a more :( face which is complately different from the intention (And never why I use the c, go figure). Also glad I wasn't the only one tot hink it was latin or something aha.

MT Hazard

A clan of three, looks like Dan has no chance of avoiding being a incubi now. Soon a certain someone will be asking about "grandbabies".
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Goatmon

Wait -  Grandson?

Dan's just two generations separated from a clan founder?  o_O

Tapewolf

Impressive.  Since the clan is not described as "functionally extinct", I suspect that there are other other members who are not directly of Cyra's descent.  Also, Ink didn't seem surprised to see a Cyra 'Cubi when Dan was examined.  On the other hand, I guess it can't be ruled out entirely.

If much of the clan was slain by Hizell and friends a'la Siar (but with the leader going into hiding) it would also explain Destania's problem with them.  Even if it was just her direct siblings as opposed to the entire clan.

Either way, Dan is personally important to his Founder, which is pretty impressive.  How tolerant she'll be of his lifestyle is another matter.  And just what is she going to do when she learns it was Destania who sent her darling grandson to his near-death?

One last point, that Cyra has apparently spent millennia waiting for Dee to produce grandchildren yet not said "hello" before implies that she appear as a vision only to 'Cubi who can both dream and have a clanmark.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 16, 2009, 06:11:02 AM
Either way, Dan is personally important to his Founder, which is pretty impressive.  How tolerant she'll be of his lifestyle is another matter.  And just what is she going to do when she learns it was Destania who sent her darling grandson to his near-death?

Name one Grandmother who didn't dote on their grandkids.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on May 16, 2009, 06:14:10 AM

Thinking in purely human terms, I imagine that if you were members of a particular clan or caste and you ran off with someone from a rival clan, your grandmother wouldn't be particularly impressed with you.

Regarding Cyra, I'm still thinking that she might expect Dan to "grow out of his silly ideas about not hurting people for fun" etc.  If the two of them have diametrically opposite goals in life, there is going to be a certain amount of friction, no matter how much she loves him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 16, 2009, 06:22:03 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on May 16, 2009, 06:14:10 AM
Regarding Cyra, I'm still thinking that she might expect Dan to "grow out of his silly ideas about not hurting people for fun" etc.  If the two of them have diametrically opposite goals in life, there is going to be a certain amount of friction, no matter how much she loves him.

them's some mighty big assumin' there pardner, considering how little we all KNOW about Cyra.
The Clan yes, but the Succubus behind the clan? not so much.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..