02/22/09 [DMFA #976] - All the best family photos can double as a lineup.

Started by inuhanyo, February 22, 2009, 01:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inuhanyo

Ah, Lorenda is back.  And Kria doesn't know about the old connection between Regina and Dan.

Jairus

And we are officially out of the drama and back to the comedy. Yay Amber!

Oh, this promises to be interesting. I wonder what Kria and Lorenda's reactions will be when they hear this story.

EDIT: Also, their house has a spiral staircase. So very cool. What? I like spiral staircases.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Jairus on February 22, 2009, 01:45:35 AM

Oh, this promises to be interesting. I wonder what Kria and Lorenda's reactions will be when they hear this story.

EDIT: Also, their house has a spiral staircase. So very cool. What? I like spiral staircases.

I wonder how many photos Dan will see before he finally just says "Alright, let's just assume I want to kill your entire family. This is taking too long." Oooooh, maybe he'll see a picture of Kria teaching way back when, and Abel will be in the background or something? O.o

Faerie Alex

There's gotta be a limit to how many enemies Dan has though, right? Maybe? :<
Jeez I need to update this thing.

inuhanyo

You didn't notice it when Regina ran down it?

One would expect Kria to be somewhat familiar with the incident, just ignorant of the fact that it involved Dan.

Quote from: modelincard on February 22, 2009, 01:52:16 AM

Yes, he was only an adventurer until he was 24.  Though he does have enemies he doesn't know about.

Rakyth

BAH Amber you lie like a rug! I remember when you said you used a tablet!

P.S. When do those wallpapers come out?

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tyranastrasz on February 22, 2009, 01:49:34 AM

I wonder how many photos Dan will see before he finally just says "Alright, let's just assume I want to kill your entire family. This is taking too long." Oooooh, maybe he'll see a picture of Kria teaching way back when, and Abel will be in the background or something? O.o

WERE there photos back then?  One major difference I see with DMFA and Abel's Story is that technology appears to be a lot less advanced in the latter (which makes sense since it's 300-odd years earlier).

Anyway, sounds like Kria is jealous....   :giggle

Kipiru

Kria seems really down, after turning her advances towards him Dan goes off chasing a younger demon. Poor old Kria must be heart broken.
And I'm fairly sure now- Lorenda s horns are getting more and more demon like, just check them out in the last panel!

Gamma

Well, she has been of age for a while now. It only makes sense the traits would become more prominent.

She may have even just had them sharpened, you never know.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

inuhanyo

When Kria and Lorenda finally catch up with Dan, maybe we'll get some flashback.

I wonder if they'll notice the odd character of the damage along they way (neither Dan nor Regina had weapons).  Kria: Dear, is there anything I should know about your friend?

It occurs to me, that Lorenda missed the entire Dan-is-a-Cubi arc, and unless Jyrrias told her, she likely has no clue about Dan's new abilities.

AmigaDragon

Since she's been living at Jyrras' until just recently, I think they may have had that conversation. Since she's a creature too, I don't think Jyrras would be very hesitant to mention it.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

inuhanyo

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 22, 2009, 03:44:08 AM
Since she's been living at Jyrras' until just recently, I think they may have had that conversation. Since she's a creature too, I don't think Jyrras would be very hesitant to mention it.

Except for the fact that his best friend has been "living in denial", as Mab put it.  It's obvious that Dan would not appreciate spreading the knowledge of his Cubi nature around.  I think Jyrras would respect that, but it's possible that he slipped up and said more than he should have.

kaskar

8) It seems that Kria and Lorenda do not have any knowledge of Dan and Regina's past meetings. It may be a good time for our favorite Warp-Aci to get Abel in ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Lego3400

Why does everyone keep wanting Abel to show up. Of all the people that I'd want to show up I'd want someone we haven't seen in a while and could have a motive for being there. (Mab being plot convenient agian?

Fex

llearch n'n'daCorna

I like the understatement; "a bit of a grudge" is just so classy.

I also like how Lorenda presumes Dan is suicidal, too. Or, at least, that's how I read the death-wish bit...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Amber does all those awesome digital colours with a mouse? :dface

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 22, 2009, 02:10:24 AM
WERE there photos back then?  One major difference I see with DMFA and Abel's Story is that technology appears to be a lot less advanced in the latter (which makes sense since it's 300-odd years earlier).

There were cute sepia-toned flashbacks, which wouldn't make sense outside the context of early photographic technology. Besides, they had magic back then. You can create excellent reproductions if a wizard did it. :3

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 22, 2009, 04:20:14 AM
Why does everyone keep wanting Abel to show up. Of all the people that I'd want to show up I'd want someone we haven't seen in a while and could have a motive for being there. (Mab being plot convenient agian?

Abel and Kria have history. To say nothing of Abel and Devin. We're all waiting for the tearful reunion.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Michael Chandra

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 22, 2009, 05:44:48 AM
I like the understatement; "a bit of a grudge" is just so classy.

I also like how Lorenda presumes Dan is suicidal, too. Or, at least, that's how I read the death-wish bit...
Sounds more like "wants them dead", not "wants to die against them".
Same spiral staircase! Next comic they can follow the scratches on the pillars, then the banging on the door. ^_^

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Michael Chandra on February 22, 2009, 06:19:51 AM
Sounds more like "wants them dead", not "wants to die against them".

Yeah, sure. Except one doesn't have a death wish for someone else. One has a vendetta, or a crusade, or a lynching. A "death wish" is usually used to refer to self-immolation, only.

Quote from: Michael Chandra on February 22, 2009, 06:19:51 AM
Same spiral staircase! Next comic they can follow the scratches on the pillars, then the banging on the door. ^_^

That'll be his head...

(incidentally, this keyboard is infuriating me. The e key only works if you hammer it good and hard... unlike every other key on the damn thing...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on February 22, 2009, 02:20:16 AM
Kria seems really down, after turning her advances towards him Dan goes off chasing a younger demon. Poor old Kria must be heart broken.

By that reasoning, Dan had one hell of a crush on Dark Pegasus.  No, I think it's more the lack of notoriety that she's despondent over.

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 22, 2009, 04:20:14 AM
Why does everyone keep wanting Abel to show up. Of all the people that I'd want to show up I'd want someone we haven't seen in a while and could have a motive for being there.
Are you one of the folk who doesn't read Abel's Story?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Quote from: modelincard on February 22, 2009, 01:52:16 AM

Like the Lord High Executioner in The Mikado, I suspect that Dan has a little list, but the title is a little different than the one on Mab's list.  There may not be many names on the list that haven't been crossed off.

With regard to the term "death wish", I believe that it may be a reference to the film with Charles Bronson.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Emerauld Drathmir

Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Lisky

kria seems soo sad.... i feel like her thoughts are something like "why doesn't he want to try and kill me?" or, based on previous comics, possibly replace kill with another activity...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Lucheek

Kria practices good safety by holding the railing. She's such a good role model. :D

Arcblade

I'm sure if Kria tried a little harder she could get on Dan's bad side.  A few more mass-murdering sprees like the one we saw in Abel's Story, part 1, would probably do it.  Of course, the whole politics thing she's enmeshed in might not work so well with that.

Naldru

Quote from: Arcblade on February 22, 2009, 09:37:36 AM
I'm sure if Kria tried a little harder she could get on Dan's bad side.  A few more mass-murdering sprees like the one we saw in Abel's Story, part 1, would probably do it.  Of course, the whole politics thing she's enmeshed in might not work so well with that.

Please note that Kria didn't kill anyone on that spree.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcblade on February 22, 2009, 09:37:36 AM

She already has, they just doesn't know it.  See strip 229.

Pagan

I'm amazed too, Kria. I'm amazed too.

I'm not really wanting Abel to pop in, mostly because it might detract from Dan killing Regina. But if Abel did enter the scene, we could get some nice drama between him and Devin. But why, why would anyone want Mab there? She's just a nuisance.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on February 22, 2009, 10:57:38 AM
I'm not really wanting Abel to pop in, mostly because it might detract from Dan killing Regina.

I am officially awestruck at how quickly we've gone from "We want to see Regina!" to "We want to see Regina die messily!"

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 22, 2009, 11:31:02 AM
Quote from: Pagan on February 22, 2009, 10:57:38 AM
I'm not really wanting Abel to pop in, mostly because it might detract from Dan killing Regina.

I am officially awestruck at how quickly we've gone from "We want to see Regina!" to "We want to see Regina die messily!"
I know. It's the weirdest thing. I didn't even like her to begin with, and I don't want her to die. She's too fun to die quite yet.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me