02/21/09 [DMFA #975] - That dryer's always breaking down…

Started by Jairus, February 20, 2009, 11:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Ouch.

Ooh... clever, Miss Regina. Although she may not have known that Dan doesn't know any magic, so this was more luck on her part.

And is that sushi and wasabi Devin's got while Fi's carrying the sandwiches? Looks yummy, either way. Also, sounds like a fun story he's telling.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Jack McSlay

This almost looks like a star wars "close blast doors"/"open blast doors" reference
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Them reinforced walls take all the fun out of chasing Reginas.
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

Janus Whitefurr

She's stealing pages from the hero/protagonist playbook. Usually it's a good guy trying to close the door before the invincible badthing smashes through it.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Naldru

The statement referred to major building supports and doorways.  Walls weren't mentioned.  As long as the wall isn't load bearing, there was no need to reinforce it.  The next thing we see may be tentacles punching through the walls.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Lisky

Quote from: Naldru on February 21, 2009, 12:01:38 AM
The statement referred to major building supports and doorways.  Walls weren't mentioned.  As long as the wall isn't load bearing, there was no need to reinforce it.  The next thing we see may be tentacles punching through the walls.

reminds me of an episode of burn notice "every wanna be gangster will armor their front door, but what they seem to forget is that a plaster wall will do about as much to stop a bullet as a sheet of paper"

and poor dan, looks like he's in a bit of pain, whether thats physical or emotional is up in the air though...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Pagan

Um, he just bonked his rushing pip-heads against a solid stone door. With magical reinforcement. That's physical pain right there, that is.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 20, 2009, 11:58:32 PM
She's stealing pages from the hero/protagonist playbook. Usually it's a good guy trying to close the door before the invincible badthing smashes through it.

Oh, no, now you made me think of The Phantom Menace!

:cry

Sukasa

Reminds me of comic #883.

I'll be interested in seeing how the whole Regina/Dan thing continues.  Nice job, Amber!

inuhanyo

Quote from: Jack McSlay on February 20, 2009, 11:56:25 PM
This almost looks like a star wars "close blast doors"/"open blast doors" reference
Oh, it's older than that.  Elevator doors in chase scenes, anyone?

This whole chase sequence has been a string of such inversions.

Regina has bought herself some time.  Unfortunately for her, neither Devin nor Fi have really heard the ruckus yet.  So they won't find out about what dire straights Regina is in until they talk with Kria.  That leaves Lorendra as the current best bet for intervener.

Caswin

I didn't think of any Star Wars movies, even though they're actually on my mind at the moment, but I just wanted to thank you for introducing the term "invincible badthing" to me.

Huh.  I don't think I ever suspected that Fi was strong enough to carry a plate full of sandwiches.

With his ears.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Rakyth

Huh. Reminds me, why is Fi so far away?
Also, she never locked the door. Makes opening it all that simpler, no?

joshofspam

Just how much are Dan's Pip heads capable of.

I saw from previous postings their capable of sight. But can they eat too and most of all does a Pip head translate to a head ache to Dan are just standard pain to when Dan wings get hurt?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Arcblade

Ouch.  Chase scene (temporarily?) halted.

Did... anyone else notice Regina pulls the door open from one side, then pushes it shut when on the other side?  It hurts the spatial part of my brain. 

Jairus

Quote from: Arcblade on February 21, 2009, 01:12:26 AM
Did... anyone else notice Regina pulls the door open from one side, then pushes it shut when on the other side?  It hurts the spatial part of my brain. 
I think what she was doing was pushing it open enough that she could squeeze through the opening, and then pushing it shut from the other side.

!KCA

It could be a sliding door.

And, hey! We get a good shot at the back of Regina's bone wing.

Jairus

Quote from: !KCA on February 21, 2009, 01:51:24 AM

Could be, but the perspective looks wrong for that. In the second panel, we are seeing Dan coming straight on, yet we can see the edge of the door at an angle: if it was a sliding door, we wouldn't see that much of an angle, if any angle at all. Besides which... sliding doors are a pain in the kiester. I think this house has normal hinged doors. Though, really, that's nothing more than opinion.

Cvstos

Dang. Dan's thunder = stolen. By a door. That's got to hurt. In more ways than one.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Jairus

Quote from: Cvstos on February 21, 2009, 02:06:36 AM
Dang. Dan's thunder = stolen. By a door. That's got to hurt. In more ways than one.
Amber is really good at the whiplash from drama to comedy. It's a little scary, to be honest.

Fex

That looks painfull hitting the door hard with your tentacles. :<
though this reminds me of something

Me Dan,
Me angry,
Me smash little door.

jimsan

Well, the shivers going down dan's spine combined with the "sparky" highlight lines above his and his pip-dudes heads makes me think the message of pain was acutely received. (pun totally intended :B)
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

Tyranastrasz

Wow, there's one way for Regina to possibly survive this encounter that no one thought of. I think Amber just ninja'd us again with her unexpected plot twists.  :mowninja :twist

I wonder if Dan and Regina are going to end up talking it out through the door?

Or perhaps Devon and Fi will investigate, and Fi will go fetch Abel, who returns to find Dan in a fit of rage and Devon undead and wondering what on earth Dan is so mad about o.O

Also, SUSHIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :eager

rabid_fox

Mostly, I'm just delighted by the sheer mundanity of the final panel. It's gloriously domestic.

Oh dear.

Michael Chandra

High pitched whine and banging then out of pain? Ouch, Dan has it hard. That must have hurt more than Wildy.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Goatmon

Dan's built up a whole lotta good karma.

I think he's earned himself a round of "Chase the Regina."

Tapewolf

I assumed it was an elevator.

**EDIT**
Whatever it is, it looks to me like it's a powered sliding door.  Being a Demon and thus considerably strong, she wouldn't be cursing if she was opening it under her own power...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Michael Chandra

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 21, 2009, 05:46:57 AMWhatever it is, it looks to me like it's a powered sliding door.  Being a Demon and thus considerably strong, she wouldn't be cursing if she was opening it under her own power...
On the other hand, that just might be why it hurts so much. That door is probably the equivalent of an armored carrier or something, would take a lot of muscle to open and close it.

Goatmon

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 21, 2009, 05:46:57 AM
I assumed it was an elevator.

**EDIT**
Whatever it is, it looks to me like it's a powered sliding door.  Being a Demon and thus considerably strong, she wouldn't be cursing if she was opening it under her own power...

She's got a very angry Cubi at her heels, she doesn't really need a reason to curse.

It looks very much like she's pulling it open and pushing it shut.