01/09/09 [Abel 2 #42] - College

Started by AndersW, January 08, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Quote from: Slowtini on January 09, 2009, 01:40:45 AM
Cookie ACI made me smile. :>

For a second I thought the clan-marking on it WAS a cookie.

Ah yes, the infamous Cookie Cubi Clan, whose downfall was conspired by cleptomaniac Claude Cooper from Cleveland who clipped their clean copper clappers.

:>
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 09, 2009, 09:13:23 AM
I totally agree with this statement.
Going by the demonology, a Griffon-'Cubi probably crosses the line from eternal youth to eternal immaturity :P

Quote from: TGIF on January 09, 2009, 12:42:52 AM
I must admit that I'm a bit confused as to what is going on in this week's Abel strip.
While very interesting visually, I'm afraid I'm totally lost as to how this follows from the previous strip.
Anyone care to explain?
Only Amber knows, but at a guess, Abel's going to run headlong into this lot when he opens the door.
Welcome to the board, by the way.  Make sure you read the rules if you haven't already....

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Alondro on January 09, 2009, 09:30:24 AM

Ah yes, the infamous Cookie Cubi Clan, whose downfall was conspired by cleptomaniac Claude Cooper from Cleveland who clipped their clean copper clappers.

If you will look above the warp-aci, to the immediate right of where the blue and white wing changes colors, you will see another cookie.  Holy British Biscuits, Batman, he is tossing his cookies.

With regards,
Ted

thegayhare

nope he's stealing cookies... most likely from the blue griffin who is chasing him down for them

Amber Williams

POINTLESS TRIVA TIME! :U

Panel One: The book that particular student is reading is a book about summoning. The symbol on the front is which clan it was produced by.  Most clans when writing books will have their clan symbol on the front and the subject matter on the spine.  As such, a good chunk of the library has mini sections dedicated to a particular clans writing.  Had I not been a dink, I likely would have put Cyra's clan symbol on the front of the book Dan has.  That or next time its shown I will.

Panel Two: Friah and her warp aci.  That particular clan is one of the remaining 12 clans that still has an active leader. Friah herself is vain, but pleasant. 

Panel Three: As a few peeps spotted, cameos abound for Cats n Cameras. Being friends with both creators of the comic, I threatened them a bit that I would likely add cameos. Originally I was going to do the whole crew...but my hand already hates me for this page.  Instead I just added Sari and Jo.  To the far left, a naga-mythos er..."walking" by and Pidge the blue bat...who had one gotten a full shot...one would note that Pidge has the batwings that take up the full side-area thus doesnt hae the standard wings coming from the back like most Cubi.  God freaking knows what a tri-winged bat Cubi would look like...which is probably a joking subject of conversation between Pidge and friends.

Panel Four: The two mythos in the forefront are a particular type of Mythos that are always born as twins. The silver is male, the gold female. Despite the gender difference and two bodies, they consider themselves a single individual.  Dating is always an odd thing since basically one has to be dating the both of them and most other races tend to not get around the idea of the two not being a seperate individual.

The striped mouse is from a clan that specializes in Distrust.  He's actually relatively a nice guy...but finds that if you look shady, people react to you as such.  The gryphon is from a confusion clan.  The bunny walking away is from a hope clan.  The warp aci is from a clan that isn't pictured here.

NOT THAT IT MATTERS since odds are none of these characters will never show up again. But isn't it fun to know I am a doof when it comes to details that dont matter at all? :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 09, 2009, 03:17:06 PM
NOT THAT IT MATTERS since odds are none of these characters will never show up again. But isn't it fun to know I am a doof when it comes to details that dont matter at all? :U

You, madam, are Win. Pure Win.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rakala

Don't worry Amber. Everything I write, I think up full backstories for the entire world which will never come into effect.

Sunblink

Amber, you are amazing and awesome.

NEW INFORMATION. *squee* Thanks for all the background on the bat-chick and the elephant's clan.

Tiger_T

Awesome indeed!

You've captured the ambiance of (how I'd envisage a school like) SAIA very well there.

Can't wait what Abel will be doing in this new setting. :3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Alondro

Panel Four: The two mythos in the forefront are a particular type of Mythos that are always born as twins. The silver is male, the gold female. Despite the gender difference and two bodies, they consider themselves a single individual.  Dating is always an odd thing since basically one has to be dating the both of them and most other races tend to not get around the idea of the two not being a seperate individual.

*Charline mmmms*  Sounds like fun..  ;)

*Charles acks*  This would likely fulfil the fantasies of many a furry.   :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Amber Williams

Quote from: Alondro on January 09, 2009, 04:38:11 PM
*Charline mmmms*  Sounds like fun..  ;)

*Charles acks*  This would likely fulfil the fantasies of many a furry.   :erk

And thus Alondro demonstrates exactly why characters such as they will never be anything more than a one panel reference.

terrycloth

Apparently, the meaning of life is to provide amusement (and cookies) for Warp Aci.

ShiningShadow

I love to be Amused. Amber you rock *Raises Fist in Air* :boogie

Sunny

Yay for hidden Naga cubi in the back!  Gotta love them! <3 I even doodled Chu'Si last night. :3

I loved this update. No text needed, just a simple (not through execution, but idea-wise) view of the academy. Lots of colors and species! Whee! :D

Oh and Hi again. x3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Chaos

Confusion Griffon! Wheeee!   *Glomp!*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Chaos on January 10, 2009, 01:10:09 AM
I can just see him and Abel tearing down the corridors causing mayhem.  To bad that's not likely to happen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 10, 2009, 07:00:50 AM
Quote from: Chaos on January 10, 2009, 01:10:09 AM
I can just see him and Abel tearing down the corridors causing mayhem.  To bad that's not likely to happen.

"No running in the halls, boys."

MT Hazard

The twin thing taken to the extreme,a shared soul of sorts? Interesting. If they dated would they both be interested in the same person, diffrent people or would they only successfully date a member (set) of the same species?

Continuing to love the amount of thought and detail Amber puts into the world of DMFA.

Edit:spelling failure corrected...
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 10, 2009, 06:33:46 PM
Containing to love then amount of thought and detail Amber puts into the world of DMFA.

Er... Are you sure that's what you meant to say? ;-]

MT Hazard

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 10, 2009, 06:39:21 PM
Containing to love then amount of thought and detail Amber puts into the world of DMFA.

Er... Are you sure that's what you meant to say? ;-]

Minor dyslexic moment, nothing to worry about.

Sunny

The twin thing taken to the extreme,a shared soul of sorts? Interesting. If they dated would they both be interested in the same person, diffrent people or would they only successfully date a member (set) of the same species?

Either that or someone's going to be very happy to have a set of twins to themselves!  :P

Jairus

Quote from: Sunny on January 10, 2009, 07:57:21 PM

Either that or someone's going to be very happy to have a set of twins to themselves!  :P
Male and female twins. I have to point that out.

In any case, really neat info, Amber. Again demonstrating how complete your world is.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Panel Four: The two mythos in the forefront are a particular type of Mythos that are always born as twins. The silver is male, the gold female. Despite the gender difference and two bodies, they consider themselves a single individual.

Intersting, no-one else has mentioned 'Fire upon the Deep' yet.  Though those particular creatures had their mind shared between all the members of a pack telepathically (actually ultrasound).  The Tines had to have at least four members to be human-smart - if they had more than five or six, the propagation delay would start to become a problem and the pack would become less smart as it increased in size.

Sunny

Quote from: Jairus on January 10, 2009, 08:04:14 PM
Quote from: Sunny on January 10, 2009, 07:57:21 PM

Male and female twins. I have to point that out.

Haha, your point is?  x3  There are people out there who would still enjoy both! >:3

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 10, 2009, 08:05:45 PMIntersting, no-one else has mentioned 'Fire upon the Deep' yet.

The difference here, I think, is that the animals in Fire have to be in close range--and that it's irrelevant who they are in close range with.

I get the sense that the mythos are in continuous telepathic contact with each other, and that this is exclusive to them.

(incidentally, I'm not sure if that qualifies as a spoiler, because I really enjoyed the way Vinge revealed it)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

LionHeart

Reminds me a bit of Arethusa, from Spider Robinson's Lady Slings the Booze.

Although both of her bodies were female.

(For those who haven't read the book, Arethusa was originally a set of identical twins who were raised as one person, and as a result became literally one person in two bodies.)
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

MT Hazard

The striped mouse is from a clan that specializes in Distrust.  He's actually relatively a nice guy...but finds that if you look shady, people react to you as such.  The gryphon is from a confusion clan.  The bunny walking away is from a hope clan.  The warp aci is from a clan that isn't pictured here.

Mistrust and confusion, must be problematic having an emotional affinity for some thing negative.
Come to think about it most of the cubi characters mentioned in DMFA have a negative emotional affinity.

Dea/Dan: pain
Aniz/Abel: Misery
Aaryanna: Pain?

Good to see one has a positive affinity (the hope bunny)

senrath

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 11, 2009, 09:51:04 AM
Aaryanna: Pain?

According to the cast page, Aaryanna's favorite foods are passion and pain.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Alondro on January 09, 2009, 09:30:24 AM

And if I catch cleptomaniac Claude Cooper from Cleveland who clipped my clean copper clappers out of the closet, I'll clobber him.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....