12/05/08 [Abel 2 #38] - Go home?

Started by Lego3400, December 05, 2008, 01:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

Ghost Devin's pose in the last panel makes me think he's Aniz. Dunno why, he just does.

Roureem Egas

Looks more like Destania to me, actually.

Dagardo

Quote from: Roureem Egas on December 05, 2008, 01:03:22 AM
Looks more like Destania to me, actually.

It is, if you look in the top right corner of panel 3 you can see the tip of her left headwing. And the bottom right corner of the same panel well you can see another... feature, if you will, that Devin doesn't posses.

superluser

Kill Fa'Lina does not seem like the sort of thing Fa'Lina would say.  Or Ink, for that matter.

Roureem may be on to something, though.  Why *did* Dee leave?  If she were trying to overthrow Fa'Lina, that might explain a few things.

...though it does seem odd that she'd try to set someone up who would be guaranteed to fail at that task.

...unless, of course, she wanted the amusement of seeing that person fail.

Edit: it is also possible that Abel is simply glad that Edward took Destania away from him forever.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Hellcat

Dwarg91

Wow.  So it was Destina that was helping him think through what he wanted to do.

Ren Gaulen

So it was her! Well, it makes more sense than a Devin's ghost suddenly appearing.

Zedd

Very interesting and I hope things look up for Amber ASAP!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: superluser on December 05, 2008, 01:10:36 AM
Edit: it is also possible that Abel is simply glad that Edward took Destania away from him forever.
If you're talking about Abel's Story, Edward & Dee are still 300+ years in the future. She still has that long teaching Abel, Aary and others yet before then.

I first noticed the deeper blue of her fur, then the pink nose (ghost Devin's was black). Yup, Dee already tormenting the newbie. And he can't yet say "Aniz" when she asks.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Antonin Dvorak - Cypresses (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pain and Terror.

I think she's got the latter going on. Any takers on this being a class demonstration? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Howl

Quote from: Dagardo on December 05, 2008, 01:09:31 AM
It is, if you look in the top right corner of panel 3 you can see the tip of her left headwing. And the bottom right corner of the same panel well you can see another... feature, if you will, that Devin doesn't posses.

... You're right.

You actually noticed something no one else seems to have noticed.

:wtf

Well, Dagardo's right, but I have a reason to use that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"No one else seems to have noticed", Minishear?

Other than Roureem Egas, Hellcat, Dwarg91, Ren Gaulen, AmigaDragon, and I, right?

So.. the two people in the thread who didn't comment on it? superluser and Zedd?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

Quote from: Dagardo on December 05, 2008, 01:09:31 AMAnd the bottom right corner of the same panel well you can see another... feature, if you will, that Devin doesn't possess.

Corrected~

I believe the word you are looking for is "boob". :B

Feather Dancer

Hmmm shapeshifting disguise, illusionary or Abel's brain so messed up he's seeing blue as Devin I wonder.

But she did train him for a while so this is either to gauge things to help or just to get some lunch. I would assume breakdowns are rather tasty if you're so inclined.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Hellcat

Quote from: Arcalane on December 05, 2008, 06:12:09 AM
Quote from: Dagardo on December 05, 2008, 01:09:31 AMAnd the bottom right corner of the same panel well you can see another... feature, if you will, that Devin doesn't possess.

Corrected~

I believe the word you are looking for is "boob". :B

Wrong I'm sorry but the correct word was bewb :3

Howl

I have the attention span of my avatar.

Maybe it's because I'm still sick of this part.

Lucheek

-falls on floor-

OH SNAP.

Though I know were supposed to beleive that Dee is twisted and mots likley manipulating Abel to fit her own agenda, from the visit and her face I get the idea she really wants to help Abel overcome his fear and problems.

MT Hazard

So the beginning of the 'vested interest' relationship begins.

Also (be honest now)  who suggested dream manipulation as a viable reason for the dead blue guys appearance?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Sunblink

Quote from: superluser on December 05, 2008, 01:10:36 AM
Kill Fa'Lina does not seem like the sort of thing Fa'Lina would say.  Or Ink, for that matter.

Roureem may be on to something, though.  Why *did* Dee leave?  If she were trying to overthrow Fa'Lina, that might explain a few things.

...though it does seem odd that she'd try to set someone up who would be guaranteed to fail at that task.

...unless, of course, she wanted the amusement of seeing that person fail.

I don't think Destania is referring to Fa'Lina. When Abel was trying to say what was keeping him from going home, he was trying to say "Aniz"... I think.

Noone

I still don't see a 'why' in this panel, if it is Destania that is. For one, Abel is in emotional quarantine, and I don't know why Destania would take an interest in him so soon after he arrives at the academy. I'm certain she has other things she should be doing. It's possible that she was drawn to Abel's emotional state(though she would have to have access to him in emotional quarantine), but that doesn't seem likely. It's a far greater possibility that she knows Aniz, which would set up definite motive, especially if they don't get along, and somehow wants to manipulate Abel against him. I certainly wouldn't put it past her considering what Abel says about her(to Dan in the queen Mab arc), and what Aniz says here.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 05, 2008, 07:33:10 AM
So the beginning of the 'vested interest' relationship begins.

Also (be honest now)  who suggested dream manipulation as a viable reason for the dead blue guys appearance?

Several people, if I recall the earlier threads correctly. This forum is known for throwing out every potential theory under the sun regardless of how slim it could be, so it wouldn't be surprising.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Arcalane

Quote from: Hellcat on December 05, 2008, 06:42:32 AMWrong I'm sorry but the correct word was bewb :3

Either works, they're fun no matter the name~

Much better that than moobs, too. D: Don't want those, nosir.

Mao

Quote from: Arcalane on December 05, 2008, 08:07:29 AM
Quote from: Hellcat on December 05, 2008, 06:42:32 AMWrong I'm sorry but the correct word was bewb :3

Either works, they're fun no matter the name~

Much better that than moobs, too. D: Don't want those, nosir.

No.  No I don't think anyone does.

Lego3400

See. This is what I get for reading at 1AM. It's cleary destina. Yep yep.

Corgatha Taldorthar

*throws another theory into the trashbin.*  Oh well. Now the questions bothering me are how did Destiana get into the quarantine, (Does she have access? Did she sneak in? How did she know someone was in quarantine anyway? Is that someone is there public knowledge? I'm sure Dee has some extranormal ways of gathering information, but what exactly are they, and what are the extent of her abilities.)

As for motive, yeah, she does seem to be trying to psych Abel up to do something pretty nasty to Aniz, for reasons as yet unknown, but seem to be pretty pressing. There is that liiiiiitle problem though of Aniz beying far out of Abel's league at the moment. You remember how well hitting him with a stool worked out. And finding Aniz might not be so easy. He strikes me as the sort who might try (but probably fail eventually) to keep a low profile if he thinks that Fa'Lina is mad at him. I wonder how good Abel's divinations are.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Mao

I'm not sure, but I think Destania is part of the staff at SAIA at this point.. so knowing that someone was in the emotional quarantine probably wouldn't be that hard to find out.  Also, as I believe has been pointed out,  Abel's current mental state would be quite the meal for her.  He's full of pain and terror over what happened right now to the point where he was catatonic not but a few comics back.  It must've been like the smell of a warm apple pie wafting through the school when he first arrived and it quite likely caught her attention.  I say this because I don't think he was in Quarantine the whole time.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_005.php

Looking at this, it seems like he was among the general populace, even if only in a lobby and only for a very brief period of time.  It might have been enough to get her attention.

superluser

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 05, 2008, 07:40:16 AMI don't think Destania is referring to Fa'Lina. When Abel was trying to say what was keeping him from going home, he was trying to say "Aniz"... I think.

You're right.

I completely forgot that Fa'Lina offered to let Abel leave.  That'll learn me for posting while tired.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 05, 2008, 03:43:08 AMI think she's got the latter going on. Any takers on this being a class demonstration? ;-]

It would explain why she's involved, despite not being involved up to that point.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Rakala

I read that and noticed it was Destania. It was one of those "Ooooh!" moments for me. Just a sudden moment of realization in something that seemed pretty obvious, just unexpected.

Elieana

Quote from: Rakala on December 05, 2008, 10:54:03 AM
I read that and noticed it was Destania. It was one of those "Ooooh!" moments for me. Just a sudden moment of realization in something that seemed pretty obvious, just unexpected.

You mean....:U An epiphany?!

^^