11/14/08 [Abel 2 #036] - Me, too!

Started by superluser, November 14, 2008, 02:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Devin seems to know a lot about how he died.  I'm not sure that Aniz, for example, knew that much...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Madmann135

Sometimes being jerkish can be a good thing, especally when you can shrug off getting killed and harass someone back to sanity.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

superluser

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 14, 2008, 02:35:11 AMharass someone back to sanity.

Now this... is an idea I could get behind.

OOoooOoO...you're still hearing my voice...and that means you're still insane, so snap out of it!

Fragmaster01

Ahh, the current strips keep reminding me how much it seems that Present Abel takes after Devin.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: superluser on November 14, 2008, 02:31:46 AM
Devin seems to know a lot about how he died.  I'm not sure that Aniz, for example, knew that much...
If he's a ghost, he may remember how he died. If he's a figment of Abel's imagination (dreaming or hallucinating), "he" knows how he died. If it's another cubi dabbling in Abel's dreams and posing as Devin, they may have read enough memories to know. In each case, "Devin" knows.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Steve Miller - Mercury Blues (SonicBlu's Time Machine Show)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

senrath

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on November 14, 2008, 02:54:30 AM
Ahh, the current strips keep reminding me how much it seems that Present Abel takes after Devin.
I wonder what Devin would have to say if he could see Abel now...

Jairus

Quote from: senrath on November 14, 2008, 03:10:35 AM
"Hey... that 'roo-rat's cute... you should totally ask him out..."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, poor Abel. Poor Amber too. The art's kinda neat. Hold on, Amber! You'll make it!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Arcalane

Quote from: senrath on November 14, 2008, 03:10:35 AM

"I've created a monster! D:"

Don

Wow..Abel used to be so...innocent.

Wonder what he'd be like had all of this not been so dramatic and scarring.

Ah well..Nice of Fa'lina to let Abel wrap things up with Devin..if that is the case.

superluser

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 14, 2008, 03:06:28 AMIf it's another cubi dabbling in Abel's dreams and posing as Devin, they may have read enough memories to know. In each case, "Devin" knows.

Whatever is going on seems to be more than thought-reading, so I'm guessing prank by the new roommate is unlikely and whoever is doing this has had more than a passing encounter with Abel.

Ted Schiller

I see Lindesfarne finally got Fenton's goat.     :rolleyes

With regards,
Ted

Edit PS

I was referring to this picture.  :)
http://www.missmab.com/Bonus/Taneeki_prev.jpg

Done and done, Monsieur n'n'daCorna

mopman

I dont know he seems a little to cool and relaxed to just be a part of his mind.

If this is part of his brain then there should be a reflection of his guilt feelings ( yes i know its not his fault but trust me you would have them anyway ).
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on November 14, 2008, 03:31:46 AM
Whatever is going on seems to be more than thought-reading, so I'm guessing prank by the new roommate is unlikely and whoever is doing this has had more than a passing encounter with Abel.
If it is Fa'Lina doing this, she's likely seen the entire Devin-Abel thing.
Through my mind, the events of the day cycle.  Stuck almost on an unending loop..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ted Schiller on November 14, 2008, 04:40:10 AM
I see Lindesfarne finally got Fenton's goat.     :rolleyes

*snerk*

I'd suggest you put some note to make it clear that you're talking about the random art, rather than the update, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 14, 2008, 05:59:35 AMIf it is Fa'Lina doing this, she's likely seen the entire Devin-Abel thing.
Through my mind, the events of the day cycle.  Stuck almost on an unending loop..

Well, yes.  And Ink, too.  I'm just saying that it's narrowing the field of candidates.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on November 14, 2008, 06:07:48 AM
Well, yes.  And Ink, too.  I'm just saying that it's narrowing the field of candidates.
Yes, though I don't really see Ink doing this.  Yes, Fa'Lina might have ordered him to, but she can be much more caring than we've ever seen him be.  Also, she confirmed to Aniz that she could 'take care of' Abel, and this (the idea of Devin being her avatar) seems very much in line with how she'd approach it.  Though it would be kind of cool if Devin is real.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Er, yeah. 350 years of having your invisible friend making snarky comments every time you turn around. That'll make you well-balanced, indeed.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 14, 2008, 08:14:55 AM
... Er, yeah. 350 years of having your invisible friend making snarky comments every time you turn around. That'll make you well-balanced, indeed.
That's the stuff (very bad) sitcoms are made of.  But no, if Devin is real, it doesn't mean that this isn't just a flying visit.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 14, 2008, 07:45:04 AMYes, though I don't really see Ink doing this.  Yes, Fa'Lina might have ordered him to, but she can be much more caring than we've ever seen him be.

This is true.  The main reason why I keep bringing Ink up in this is that Fa'Lina doesn't really seem to be very hands-on when it comes to probing people's minds, whereas Ink seems to do it all the time.  That and he's one of the few people who have probably seen these memories first-hand.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on November 14, 2008, 08:21:00 AM
This is true.  The main reason why I keep bringing Ink up in this is that Fa'Lina doesn't really seem to be very hands-on when it comes to probing people's minds, whereas Ink seems to do it all the time.  That and he's one of the few people who have probably seen these memories first-hand.

Maybe she's just very very good at it, and you didn't see her do it?

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 14, 2008, 08:17:36 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 14, 2008, 08:14:55 AM
That's the stuff (very bad) sitcoms are made of.  But no, if Devin is real, it doesn't mean that this isn't just a flying visit.

Well, yes. The whole sitcom thing was why I was pondering it.

You have a point, though.

GabrielsThoughts

Ironically, if you think about it, whether Devin is a ghost or an  uploaded memory file, He and abel's thoughts (not nessesarily personality) would merge.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Arguably.

It's entirely possible that, according to Amber's storyline, keeping them separate is expected and normal. In which case, you're incorrect about the merger.

But it all boils down to "What Amber says", really. Anyone else is just guessing.

(Although I'll be interested to see if you're right)

Alondro

Yup, all Abel could do was whimper and hide.

I don't really see him as the type who could go Super Sayan for great justice and smite all the enemies.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

I had previously mentioned that I had thought that Abel was trying to do a healing spell for Devin.  Now I'm wondering if he could have preparing to execute one of the lightning bolt spells that was previously mentioned.  That could have explained Devin's comment that Abel would have simply gotten himself killed as well.  (His skills in combat were severely lacking at that time.)  In which case, the Devin image (ghost, hallucination, etc.) knows more than the real Devin would have.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on November 14, 2008, 12:40:50 PM
That could have explained Devin's comment that Abel would have simply gotten himself killed as well.  (His skills in combat were severely lacking at that time.)  In which case, the Devin image (ghost, hallucination, etc.) knows more than the real Devin would have.

Maybe, but I don't think it takes a great combat strategist to realise that if demons kill an entire fort followed by two (or more) talented adventurers, a librarian is going to be equally dead if he tries any heroics.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Kipiru

"Well...How ironic! I'm pretty sorry I died too!"

That line is one for the book! I'll never stop being amazed how Amber could squeeze humor in such a glum scene!

Aurawyn

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 14, 2008, 05:59:35 AM
Quote from: superluser on November 14, 2008, 03:31:46 AM
If it is Fa'Lina doing this, she's likely seen the entire Devin-Abel thing.

That, and I don't know if anyone's noticed it yet, Been busying and no reading time, but look at the eye colors...  They look to be to be the same golden shade.. .. Although Ink and the nurse Cubi(Forget name, sowwy!) all have a golden shade too.. Fa'lina's are about the same size and shape

superluser

Quote from: Aurawyn on November 16, 2008, 05:40:44 AMThat, and I don't know if anyone's noticed it yet, Been busying and no reading time, but look at the eye colors...  They look to be to be the same golden shade.. .. Although Ink and the nurse Cubi(Forget name, sowwy!) all have a golden shade too.. Fa'lina's are about the same size and shape

Look at Page 4.  Fa'Lina's are nowhere near as bright when they're in the dark.  In Page 22, both are Fa'Lina and Ink have the same intensity as Devin-ghost in 35, but that's in the light.  I think RJ can get that high, too, judging from 595.

Still, I don't think we can disqualify anyone on the basis of eye color.