11/05/08 [DMFA #949] - Well, it solves that, at least

Started by superluser, November 05, 2008, 02:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Y'know, Amber did say fire solves everything quite a bit.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jairus

Oooh... that's interesting. Maybe part of why Dark P. seemed to suffer from villain decay was because he lost a bit of himself each time he came back. That's very interesting.

He really should have thought of that though, shouldn't he?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Turnsky

Quote from: Jairus on November 05, 2008, 02:12:57 AM
Oooh... that's interesting. Maybe part of why Dark P. seemed to suffer from villain decay was because he lost a bit of himself each time he came back. That's very interesting.

He really should have thought of that though, shouldn't he?

the soul can't handle being disembodied without consequence.. the cycle of life, death, and rebirth is a good thing for a soul.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Kipiru

Now, there is one of the grand delusions of many heroes exposed by Kria- prove yourself good by giving your enemy a decent burial! Such a wrong conduct, bad guys are known to resurrect themselves from time to time, so to prevent that one should make sure they die in a great quantity of little pieces! Or ash!

Valynth

Quote from: Kipiru on November 05, 2008, 02:53:44 AM
Now, there is one of the grand delusions of many heroes exposed by Kria- prove yourself good by giving your enemy a decent burial! Such a wrong conduct, bad guys are known to resurrect themselves from time to time, so to prevent that one should make sure they die in a great quantity of little pieces! Or ash!

Hey, the Vikings had FINE burials.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Kasarn

For no readily apparent reason, this comic made me think of the song There's a Hole in My Bucket. :S

GundamDragon

I prefer acid for disposal of a body fire dose not distroy them fully. Plus it more heroic to throw a thing of acid at a live enemy then to spend a hour to completely burn a body.

AmigaDragon

Of course, burning doesn't solve much of anything if your enemy happens to be something like a phoenix, raising (or reborn) from their ashes. Unless scattering the ashes afterward would prevent it, that might make it a bit more difficult to come back.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Classical - Minnesota Public Radio (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Nikki

Fire solves everything =D

My suggestion: Cremate DP, Feed the ashes to a shark, cremate the shark, then scatter the shark's ashes at sea during a storm.

Problem solved ^o^

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Reese Tora

<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, Kria FTW.

*rotfl*

Very nice. Very subtle. Like a brick. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Eagle0600

Has she forgotten about their duel? Wouldn't she want to at last settle the matter of who's better before he gets cremated?

superluser

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 05, 2008, 04:25:10 AMcremation, ooh... Someone's been reading the evil overlords' handbook.(Item 13) :B

I thought we already knew that (#9).  Also, because I always wanted to say it, it looks like Washington (from RvB) has mastered #7.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Ren Gaulen

Yep. "Kill it with fire."
Quote from: GundamDragon on November 05, 2008, 03:34:06 AM
I prefer acid for disposal of a body fire dose not distroy them fully. Plus it more heroic to throw a thing of acid at a live enemy then to spend a hour to completely burn a body.
How about killing your enemy with a flamthrower, then? >:]

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 05, 2008, 03:54:42 AM
Of course, burning doesn't solve much of anything if your enemy happens to be something like a phoenix, raising (or reborn) from their ashes. Unless scattering the ashes afterward would prevent it, that might make it a bit more difficult to come back.
You can always kill a phoenix with something like liquid nitrogen, then! Freeze it, then shatter into thousands of tiny bits! :B

Lucheek

I'm guessing Kria's come to the realization that DP is dead for good now, or something of the same meaning in better words.

Tapewolf

This opens up the rather horrible notion that Dan himself is somewhat responsible for DP becoming a full-fledged villain rather than just someone of dubious moral outlook.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 05, 2008, 07:12:28 AM
This opens up the rather horrible notion that Dan himself is somewhat responsible for DP becoming a full-fledged villain rather than just someone of dubious moral outlook.
You're probably right.. After all those resurrections Pegasus' soul have started to fall apart. ..And he used to be so cool. :(

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 05, 2008, 07:17:59 AM
You're probably right.. After all those resurrections Pegasus' soul have started to fall apart. ..And he used to be so cool. :(
Something to bear in mind for Project Future, methinks.

Wanderer

Well, that explains why the once genre-savvy DP has descended into cliche villain-ness.

So... freeze the body and shatter it to pieces, then incinerate the remains with thermite, and dump any ashes from that in an acid bath.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Wanderer on November 05, 2008, 07:38:45 AM
Well, that explains why the once genre-savvy DP has descended into cliche villain-ness.

So... freeze the body and shatter it to pieces, then incinerate the remains with thermite, and dump any ashes from that in an acid bath.

"I need to reload."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GundamDragon

If your going to do all that just rez him then drop a nuke on him it woud be ez-er.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GundamDragon on November 05, 2008, 08:17:44 AM
If your going to do all that just rez him then drop a nuke on him it would be ez-er.
Two words: 'collateral damage'.
Also, they can destroy DP's corpse.  It'd be easier and less horrific than trying to cremate him while he's still alive  :U

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 05, 2008, 07:55:53 AM
"I need to reload."
"I need a vacation."

If your going to do all that just rez him then drop a nuke on him it woud be ez-er.
Orbital Ion Cannon is a better idea. Wanderer's method is an even better idea than the Orbital Ion Cannon, though, since it can actually be done, though. :P

Wanderer

Too much collateral damage. Besides, going to all that trouble is the whole point in and of itself.

Quote"I need to reload."
Sometimes overkill is the only option.

GundamDragon

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 05, 2008, 08:22:47 AM
Orbital Ion Cannon is a better idea. Wanderer's method is an even better idea than the Orbital Ion Cannon, though, since it can actually be done, though. :P

Orbital strike i like that but i prefer a Melta Torpedo because a Ion Cannon would not burn the body just fry the neves and short them out. you still get a cookie for a good idea  :mowcookie

RobbieThe1st

Hm... Two things. One, how about simply Charcoal + liquid oxygen, then toss a match on the mass and watch the flames. If Youtube has shown me anything, its that Charcoal and liquid oxygen make a really spectacular, really hot, extremely fast burning pyre.

Two, stop thinking like humans - Why not simply steal the guys soul and eat it for energy - Or sell it to a Cubi or other creature who can do the same. Remember: Waste not, want not.

Also Tape, it may be a little different in your case - With DP, there has been no attempt to to keep the soul 'fresh' or anything(and was buried[I think] with his body), whereas in your case, the soul went immediately into a holding gem. Just a thought.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on November 05, 2008, 08:50:10 AM
Two, stop thinking like humans - Why not simply steal the guys soul and eat it for energy - Or sell it to a Cubi or other creature who can do the same. Remember: Waste not, want not.
I like your way of thinking! >:]

Tapewolf

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on November 05, 2008, 08:50:10 AM
Because that's arguably as bad or worse than what DP was doing.  Dan doesn't want to turn into a monster, and I doubt even Kria would be happy at having her brother's soul destroyed forever, damaged though it may be.  I certainly wouldn't be (says the person who's gone on numerous soul-stealing rampages in Oblivion).

QuoteAlso Tape, it may be a little different in your case - With DP, there has been no attempt to to keep the soul 'fresh' or anything(and was buried[I think] with his body), whereas in your case, the soul went immediately into a holding gem. Just a thought.
Yes.  That works for Joshua and most similar cases, but it might impact the feasibility of the upcoming plotline.