2008-11-03 [DMFA #948] Doesn't seem quite as noble that way...

Started by superluser, November 03, 2008, 01:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Somehow, the more mundane but more effective methods always seem less fun.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kipiru

Zedd

Jairus

Are you kidding? This is hilarious! Bravo, Mrs. Williams! Bravo!

Dan might have to bum some cash off of Jyrras.

And good luck with continuing the update schedule, Amber!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

terrycloth

Valynth

Quote from: Jairus on November 03, 2008, 01:08:02 AM
Dan might have to bum some cash off of Jyrras.

Or just use some of the loot he got from raiding DP's fortress...  Or go back to DP's fortress and raid for some loot to pay the bill.

'Cause nothings screams hilarity quite like using your own money to make sure you stay dead.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

VSMIT

Actually, would it bring down his image as adventurer if he had to go to his mom to pay for his debts (since Destania is the one who hired him)?

superluser

Quote from: VSMIT on November 03, 2008, 01:18:25 AMActually, would it bring down his image as adventurer if he had to go to his mom to pay for his debts (since Destania is the one who hired him)?

I do wonder if adventurers look down on heroes who bribe their enemies to stay dead.

Lowde

Hmm, I'm a bit dissapointed... I though DP would have a comeback... after all he's part of the cast, but still spends more time being dead than anything :shifty

Well, there's still the chance that Dan refuses to pay

Kipiru

Kria turns out to be quite the capitalist! Or at least a woman that knows what she wants :)

Slowtini

Kenji

This is quite heroic. His wallet is taking critical damage.

Kipiru

AmigaDragon

Dan didn't choose the words "at any and all costs", he just repeated them. BTW, what is the cost of canceling a ceremony? I'm sure Dan must have some treasures from previous adventures that he could liquidate if necessary... unless he's spent most already on drinking. :mowtongue
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Daymond42

And I thought early termination fees for cell phone service was bad.  :erk

Kenji

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 03, 2008, 01:33:11 AM
Dan didn't choose the words "at any and all costs", he just repeated them.

When does Dan ever get a choice? Especially with women.

Gamma

I would imagine if he has to pay for it himself he's probably going to sell most of his sword collection, least if as stated he doesn't have anything else from his more adventurous days.

I kinda hope he doesn't intend to pay, maybe she can be reasoned with.
*snerk*

But anyway, Lorenda might be able to get her to lower the price.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

e_voyager

if it works and he doesn't have to fight his friend's mother then all's good. wells it's good so long as he doesn't wing up tied to a bed.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Dagardo

Well if Dan doesn't pay maybe Kria will get that fight she at first wanted before her train of thought trailed off... to other things. :3 Although Dan probably has no money at all, and seems like the kinda guy who cares too much about his stuff to sell it, or liquidate in some cases. So I see 1 of 3 things happening.
1. He chooses not to pay the money and he and Kria wind up fighting. Or Dan winds up tied to a bed as e_voyager suggests.
2. Lorenda talks Kria out of making Dan pay her money and DP is either brought back anyway right after Dan leaves, or Kria waits until later, or just plain doesn't revive him.
3. Dan decides to pay but has to bum money from somebody else. Maybe Jyrras.

Reese Tora

"Right, here's the bill for cenceling the ceremony, cancelation fees, wasted reagents, virgin rentals, etc..."

Of course, nothing here stops her from doing it at a later date... unless Dan can get Jyrras's mom to come negotiate a contract for him.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Mwa

Does Dan even have money? He only had one outfit until Abel came along and made him wear more, and he lives on free beer.  :U

superluser

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 03, 2008, 02:06:55 AMvirgin rentals

I'm trying to figure out a case where you would rent a virgin.  In virgin sacrifices, for example, they tend to not come back at all...

e_voyager

ah yes Moria. Kira respects her and her evil power in the court room!
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Hellcat

and just when I thought it was finally going to get serious, I am reminded that this webcomic is prone to delightfully random events.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on November 03, 2008, 02:17:05 AM
Quote from: Reese Tora on November 03, 2008, 02:06:55 AMvirgin rentals

I'm trying to figure out a case where you would rent a virgin.  In virgin sacrifices, for example, they tend to not come back at all...

Vestigial virgins...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Tapewolf

Dan can probably find the money, but as mentioned before, ultimately it should be passed on to Biggs as expenses.  After all, if he doesn't cough up, Dan can probably get the ceremony to go ahead again.

Interesting that Kria has effectively sold her brother out, though.  Does wealth count as power to a Demon?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 03, 2008, 04:12:33 AMInteresting that Kria has effectively sold her brother out, though.  Does wealth count as power to a Demon?

It may be more reasonable than that.  Kria may be horrified at the prospect of raising her brother but stuck with a massive debt if she doesn't follow through.  I suspect we'll know more on Wednesday, but Kria doesn't seem to be especially keen on doing this.

Aleolus

Hmm.  I wonder how much it costs, exactly?  I'd be interested to know if Kria is playing Dan, or if she's being fair about the price >.>

Feather Dancer

Depending on the amount of 0's I can see him thinking. Right, you rez him and I'll kill him again. Thats my best offer!
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.