10/22/08 [DMFA #945] - Love you no mater what.

Started by AndersW, October 22, 2008, 12:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

I love the way Kria describes Dan.  "Incubus level hot."

Happy Anniversary Amber.

And Happy Birthday to Me. :mowhappy

Elieana

"Why have you not tied him to your bed yet?" <- I would totally ask my daughter that.

Happy anniversary Amber! And happy birthday Anders W!

PencilinHand

HBD Anders W.

I am not sure we have every seen Lorenda look so mad before, or Kira look so accepting and motherly as in the last panel(and amber again amazes me with how she can portray such starkly different emotions in the same comic!).

Oh, and most importantly of all...Happy Anniversary Amber!   :boogie

superluser

1.) Happy anniversary, Amber.

2.) Oh, that's gotta hurt.  The ``I am contractually obligated to love you'' bit?  Just a little bit above ``I tolerate you,'' and who wants to see that on a greeting card(*)?

3.) Lorenda's expression in the last panel?  Rembrandt wishes he could do so well.

(*) Besides me, obviously...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Lorien

Well happy birthday AndersW and happy anniversary Amber!

XD so awkward yet so hilarious.  Kria can be so evil without even intending too.

Emerauld Drathmir

ROFLMAO

Too funny.   :mowtongue

One of my friends mothers was like that. 

Poor Dan is politely staying far out of that one.

Happy Anniversary Amber!
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Jairus

Happy anniversary Amber, and a happy birthday to AndersW as well. Enjoy your break, Amber!

"Do you have the gay?" just sounds old-fashioned. Also slightly ironic considering who Lorenda is living with...

And poor Dan there all alone in the back... this must be a little awkward. Meanwhile, Aliph is sitting in the afterlife wondering "What is taking that girl so long?" And how can someone that frustrated look that cute?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Starcat5

So observant, and yet so dense. I just can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out about who he's related to. ...assuming that it would mean anything to her. DP's reaction to that name might be on a personal level, rather than something that effects his whole family.

{Edit} Oh, and happy anniversary Amber. Should have mentioned that the first time around.  :moogle :doh
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Jairus on October 22, 2008, 12:19:33 AM

"Do you have the gay?" just sounds old-fashioned. Also slightly ironic considering who Lorenda is living with...

Well, Kria is like 400something, so it would stand to reason that her diction is a tad archiac........ Still, if you correlate with the Perfect date Arc, I wonder how Kria would take it if Lorenda uttered a preference for stockier, more muscular guys.

Oh, and before I wander off, Happy Anniversary Amber!
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Aisha deCabre

...Whoa...

Is it possible to feel Lorenda's frustration concerning the conversation from right behind the screen?  'Cause her expression is just that good.  Her eye looks like it's about to pop out its socket.

Awesome work. XD
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kishyka_Stormwalker

Happy Anniversary, Amber!

Happy Birthday, AndersW!

I was almost expecting Dan to erupt into one of his, "I AM NOT A CUBI!" fits.  Kria is simply adorable, and I have to agree with her taste in males.

:mowtongue

Gornemant

Happy Anniversary you crazy thing, to many more years of togetherness  :)

Azlan

Happy anniversary! 

On a side note, I think Kria would love Lorenda... mwahahhaa...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Gamma

Second panel is again a wonderful example of just too many teeth!
On the left too many teeth for something that happy, on the right too many teeth and something angry.

It would be very bad to be there right now, or queerly enough it might be very good.  :,

Side note, MAD COW!
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Yugo

"The gay" is probably the funniest way I've heard that stated. I'm still chuckling inside.
Lorenda's expression is absolutely priceless.

Happy anniversary Amber-lady! :D
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Zedd

Happy anniversary! And someone get Lorenda on a tranquilizer gun 

superluser

Quote from: Yugo on October 22, 2008, 01:34:59 AM"The gay" is probably the funniest way I've heard that stated.

Well, I just hope Kria's not going to find religion so that she can pray away the gay.

On a tangent, the greeting card that no one wants to get.

VSMIT

Wow.  that's awesome, superluser.

And you can't pray away what isn't there to begin with.

Happy anniversary, Amber and Mason!

mopman

Happy anniversary, Amber and Mason!  :boogie

The mix of expressions in this strip is wonderful , and can you imagine being Dan right now?

I mean battles to the death with an arch nemisis are one thing but this is REALLY scary  :mwaha
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Kipiru

Embarrassing parent- nothing new under the sun. Though Kria(NOTE: It's KRIA not KIRA) takes it to a whole new level. Poor Lorenda! and poor Dan for that matter- wondering whether he should stay quiet while the family quarrel stops or run away before being raped by Kria!

Nikki

"Do you have the gay?"

XDDD spurted my soda outta my nose!!

Happy Anni, Amber, and i wish you many more happy ones to come :D

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tapewolf

Oh dear, oh dear.  I'm a little surprised she hasn't figured that he might be an incubus.  I now have to wonder what she thought about Abel back in the woods when she ran into him as an adult.  And then we have Dan.  Fa'Lina told him that people would suddenly find him attractive... I can just imagine him having another one of his "OMG I'm a monster" moments.

Anyway, as others have said, happy anniversary, Amber and Mason!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

i bet Kria is undressing Dan with her mind..  :P

Happy Anniversary, Amber

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jack McSlay

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 22, 2008, 04:05:33 AM
Oh dear, oh dear.  I'm a little surprised she hasn't figured that he might be an incubus.  I now have to wonder what she thought about Abel back in the woods when she ran into him as an adult.

He had head-wings, then. Dan has his hidden.

... which, of course, gives him somewhat of an edge in battle, although not as much as he might like, since, as we've previously discussed, he doesn't have the training to fully use that advantage. Still, momentary surprise at the right time might be useful...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 22, 2008, 05:08:48 AM
He had head-wings, then. Dan has his hidden.
Actually, I meant "whether she thought Abel was kind of hot as well".

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 22, 2008, 05:13:00 AMActually, I meant "whether she thought Abel was kind of hot as well".

Kria was much younger then.  It's easy to believe that her views on the topic have changed.

Ren Gaulen

Parents. The never-ending source of embarrassment. Still, Kria does make a good point concerning Dan.

Quote from: Turnsky on October 22, 2008, 04:57:59 AM
i bet Kria is undressing Dan with her mind..  :P

Happy Anniversary, Amber
In this case Dan's lucky that Kria does not have telekinesis. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on October 22, 2008, 06:22:24 AM
Kria was much younger then.  It's easy to believe that her views on the topic have changed.

True.  Actually, it's just occurred to me that given the rarity of the race, "Incubus-level hot" might possibly be a common expression or saying, rather than literally her opinion.