10/10/08 [Abel 2 #32] - All alone.

Started by AndersW, October 09, 2008, 10:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

I hope Abel feels better.  Aniz needs to have his eyeballs ripped out.

AmigaDragon

Not yet, he still needs to have his cry before he can feel better.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

kawaiitoboe

I love how Amber can make a page that's so simple, yet it portrays so much emotion. Poor Abel.  :cry

Jairus

Quote from: FuzzySlippers on October 09, 2008, 10:33:26 PM
I love how Amber can make a page that's so simple, yet it portrays so much emotion. Poor Abel.  :cry
I agree. Poor Abel.

Something I haven't noticed before about his current outfit: no shoes. I don't know why that struck me like that.

And I hope you feel better Amber, and that you get your tacos soon.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ghostwish

I've actually noticed the lack of shoes here and there.. not too uncommon in fur races. pads and all, ya know.

Zedd

Lego3400

techmaster-glitch

This is a transition page. It means we will have a completely different setting in the next page, and very likely some time into the future...this chunk of the tale seems to be over.

Dagardo

Well lets hope that the next ''chunk of the tale'' as you said, is less painful for Abel. He deserves it. Although he still needs a hug. :hug

Netrogo

Abel for the most part is a miserable, self-centered bastard. You don't get that way because life suddenly got happy. I'm thinking his life is still very much a ball rolling down the hill, hopefully the steepest part is over with though.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

mopman

Amber understands that sometimes you fill the screen with characters and magic , and sometimes you keep it simple and clean.

The best images are those the artist makes us draw in our own heads.
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Dagardo

Quote from: Netrogo on October 10, 2008, 01:27:06 AM
Abel for the most part is a miserable, self-centered bastard. You don't get that way because life suddenly got happy. I'm thinking his life is still very much a ball rolling down the hill, hopefully the steepest part is over with though.

Hey I just said let's hope it's less painful, I never said completely devoid of any pain. We all need to face pain in our life sometimes, it helps us keep going, whether we know it or not. You say Abel is mostly a miserable, self-centered bastard, that's you're opinion, and I respect that. I still think it's Aniz's fault for the crap he's done to him in that one night. Abel, to me only acts the way he does because Aniz seemed to destroy any trust he had in everyone around him, and Abel, I'm sure doesn't want to face pain like that ever again, which is why he pushes everyone around him away from him, at least to me. I'm a broken record I know.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 09, 2008, 11:11:34 PM
I've actually noticed the lack of shoes here and there.. not too uncommon in fur races. pads and all, ya know.
During Dan's fall through Kria's trap, I noticed he appears to be wearing slippers or some other light weight shoes.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

silentassassin

This comic makes me feel all emote inside. Abel really went through so much crap that it is shocking he isn't much worse then he is now.

Kipiru

Quote from: Netrogo on October 10, 2008, 01:27:06 AM

I have to agree on that one! Abel probably adopts his present behaviour due to the massive loss of friends and familly that 24 hours (Cindy, Hennya, Devin, Xander and most probably his mother) that shatters his trust in any kind of normal relationship. But I figure he is yet to build up his defensive "I'm a jerk" attitude!

Ren Gaulen

Poor Abel.. Somehow, I feel that he needs a huge plush toy right now, to cuddle with.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 10, 2008, 02:57:37 AM
Poor Abel.. Somehow, I feel that he needs a huge plush toy right now, to cuddle with.

... chibi Ren! ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Goatmon

Oh look.  He's finally gone from almost crying to actually crying.   :rolleyes

I guess he finally got left alone in one piece without some other horrible thing coing along to just stop and shed some tears for a while.  Poor fella.

Jer-oh-me

Alone, in the dark.

*hums 'In The Dark Of Night' by INXS*

Ren Gaulen

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: mopman on October 10, 2008, 01:31:36 AM
Amber understands that sometimes you fill the screen with characters and magic , and sometimes you keep it simple and clean.

The best images are those the artist makes us draw in our own heads.

QFT. I just read through a short story collection of Roger Zelazny, and I'm struck as to how he depicts the story by a concentration of cherry picked details, leaving even basic things like hair or eye color unsaid, yet you still put a good mental picture of the character. It's a rare skill, and Amber seems to have mastered it.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

silentassassin

Amber has learned quite a lot over the years. By storytelling, drawing, and character devolopment. *on a side note my flyffable hatched *

Emerauld Drathmir

I just want to give this to him--I think my wee one will share it.

Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Kipiru

Enough with the hugs and toys, Abel needs some alone time, so give him some space!  :mowsad

Alterationartist

Quote from: AndersW on October 09, 2008, 10:26:57 PM
I hope Abel feels better.  Aniz needs to have his eyeballs ripped out.

Considering that having Abel was part of some odd master plan of Aniz's involving excessive breeding, he needs to have his junk torn off.

Also,

Dance, Dance
We're falling apart to half time
Dance, Dance
And these are the lives you'd love to lead
Dance, this is the way they'd love if they knew
how misery loves me.

I don't know why, but the comic shoved this song into my head. You know, cause Abel's affinity is misery, then this.
I've always wondered whatthis song would be like as slow song.
Round 9!

ShiningShadow

Poor Abel to be alone and confused don't know what to do next. I feel for Abel here.  :hug

Tycoon

I'm willing to bet that the final panel is the home with what's probably an open door allowing moonlight in, and most likely it would be Kria coming back for her medallion.

AmigaDragon

But it was taken off when he got home, remember Hennya took it from him and gained legs.

Howl

Quote from: Dagardo on October 10, 2008, 01:43:27 AM
Hey I just said let's hope it's less painful, I never said completely devoid of any pain. We all need to face pain in our life sometimes, it helps us keep going, whether we know it or not. You say Abel is mostly a miserable, self-centered bastard, that's you're opinion, and I respect that. I still think it's Aniz's fault for the crap he's done to him in that one night. Abel, to me only acts the way he does because Aniz seemed to destroy any trust he had in everyone around him, and Abel, I'm sure doesn't want to face pain like that ever again, which is why he pushes everyone around him away from him, at least to me. I'm a broken record I know.

That... is insightful.