10/02/08 [Perfect Date #1] - The cow goes muuuuuooooooo

Started by AndersW, October 01, 2008, 10:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Holy Cow, Mab is looking good in the first panel there.

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Lorien

XD I feel sorry for anyone trying to get romantically involved with Mab.  Seems to me she's either going to refuse it and feign ignorance unless she initiates it.
Looks spiffy BTW.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Darkmoon on October 01, 2008, 10:57:10 PM
Perv.

I saw you looking!  :mowninja

Seriously though, this got a chuckle out of me. Mab is so silly it's cute sometimes.

Slowtini

Angel

And it kicks off to a nicely funny start.  :giggle

And I agree, the shading and lighting and effecting was nice in the first panel. Not that Mabby's face in the second panel didn't make me snicker. :B
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

PencilinHand

Mab, Queen of tangential logic since 1999.

Though the main panel is, I think, fairly impressive from an artistic standpoint, I like the expression in the bottom panel.

Maril

The colours on the first panel look exceptional.  Very vibrant.  I love how her hair looks. 

We should all know though that her perfect date would be Merlitz anyway.  That's the only person she seems to have ever shown any romantic interest in that I can recall.  Or is this arc perfect date as in, how the date would go, not who it would be with?

Angel

Quote from: Maril on October 02, 2008, 12:24:59 AM
The colours on the first panel look exceptional.  Very vibrant.  I love how her hair looks. 

We should all know though that her perfect date would be Merlitz anyway.  That's the only person she seems to have ever shown any romantic interest in that I can recall.  Or is this arc perfect date as in, how the date would go, not who it would be with?

I think the idea of the comic is that it's supposed to be like one of those dating simulation games, not who the characters would date and how.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Zedd

Good memories with those things...Shame I never had one

Kasarn

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kasarn on October 02, 2008, 12:52:24 AM
Where's the button that gets rid of the UI? :<

It got pressed, and got rid of itself first.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

I would so go for option 3.
Because, you know, it's about time someone asked that question straight out loud.

Although, it's not hard to make a guess to its answer.

Dagardo

I wouldn't say all the Fae are ''bonkers'', cause of some of the things I've seen of Mab, she seems to have some (if not completely misdirected) scene in that hug happy head of hers.

Anri

I dunno, looking at every other fae we've met.. yeah, I think they're all pretty much bonkers. :3

Dagardo

Point, but when I think of Albanion, he only seems to be completely bonkers whenever Nutmeg gets upset. Other than that he seems like hes perfectly ''sensible'' as far as Fae go. I know what you're all gonna be thinking when you read this and please don't say it.

Lucheek

"this time around."

I guess Mab is playing a part. Despite being, about houndreds of years old, when she meets little Dan she looks about 8. I guess everytime she "resets" and becomes young again, Mab thinks up a new personality and romantic intrest. :3

PencilinHand

Quote from: Lucheek on October 02, 2008, 07:40:38 AM
"this time around."

I guess Mab is playing a part. Despite being, about houndreds of years old, when she meets little Dan she looks about 8. I guess everytime she "resets" and becomes young again, Mab thinks up a new personality and romantic intrest. :3

The Fae race are known to treat life not unlike a role in a play.  The fact that there is more to Mab than just tackle-hugs and tangential thinking should be fairly evident for even casual readers since about two-thirds of the way through Chapter 22 particularly the ending comic #847.

I have it on good intelligence that Mab is much, much older than "a few hundred years." 
Not sure what else I can say about that.

silentassassin

Oh you silly goose fae are never, shall never, and will never be sane. I'm sure if you went inside their heads you'd see things that would make satan disturbed.

Emerauld Drathmir

*snerk*

Those date sims are amusing...

I can't wait to see the progression here.  Mab is just perfect as the start of this.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Akisohida

I think the Fae are perfectly sane, they just act insane to keep other races from sticking their noses into their business. :) Yes, they are silly and wacky, but they are capable of long term planning and stick with a role in life once they start it so they have to have intelligence and be capable of rational thought, rather than the crazyness they are known for. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Lowde

Quote from: PencilinHand on October 02, 2008, 08:11:55 AMI have it on good intelligence that Mab is much, much older than "a few hundred years." 
Not sure what else I can say about that.

I think it's safe enough to say it's a few hundreds of thousands...

Anyway, I feel like playing a sim date now... NOOOOOOO D:

Alondro

The cows are always plotting... so saith Gary Larson.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aleolus

Awwww, focused Mab is so Kyyyuuutteee!  I just wanna glomp her and squeeze her and never let go!  <.<  Though my hands may move around >.>

Kipiru

Just goes to show you how pointless being serious with a Fae is. Being around one, you should just let the madness engulf you  :boogie

Slowtini

Quote from: Kipiru on October 02, 2008, 04:49:00 PM
Just goes to show you how pointless being serious with a Fae is. Being around one, you should just let the madness engulf you  :boogie

...Madness?

THIS!
IS!
THE FAE KINGDOM! D:<
-kicks you off the edge of a floating rock, causing you to fall for quite some time-

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Slowtini on October 02, 2008, 05:22:41 PM
-kicks you off the edge of a floating rock, causing you to fall for quite some time-

... and then catches you as you go past sideways...

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 02, 2008, 06:17:17 PM
Quote from: Slowtini on October 02, 2008, 05:22:41 PM

... and then catches you as you go past sideways...

... and then "molesternates" you?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 02, 2008, 07:09:36 PM
Probably by accident, yes.

But what about the bright orange and purple outfit?? Was that an accident too?