10/03/08 [Abel 2 #31] - Left alone

Started by AndersW, October 02, 2008, 11:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Lowde on October 03, 2008, 01:10:13 PM
I. Must. Resist. Gay. Impulse. For. Abel...

As a side note, I noticed abel's shirt is opened from behind. Like if he was wearing it backwards (front-side back)
Yep. Most shirts/upper-body garments for winged beings and creatures are open like that so the wings can go through. Dan's robe is open in the back as well.

As for resisting the gay impulse... giving someone a hug who needs it is not gay, that's just being supportive and a good friend. Hm, someone should draw Jyrras giving Abel a hug.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on October 03, 2008, 01:13:45 PM
As for resisting the gay impulse... giving someone a hug who needs it is not gay, that's just being supportive and a good friend. Hm, someone should draw Jyrras giving Abel a hug.
I think he might just have been saying that he's succumbing to the allure of Abel.  Which is not hard  :shifty

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dagardo

"Succumbing to the allure of Abel" as you put it, is about as hard to do as breathing, but saying that I gotta ask. Does it mean anything in particular if you don't know your own sexual orientation? :B

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2008, 01:26:24 PM
Quote from: Jairus on October 03, 2008, 01:13:45 PM
I think he might just have been saying that he's succumbing to the allure of Abel.  Which is not hard  :shifty
No, it's not hard at all. Of course, I must resist succumbing so that I don't get in the way of my OTP. JyrBel forever!

Quote from: Dagardo on October 03, 2008, 01:29:41 PM
"Succumbing to the allure of Abel" as you put it, is about as hard to do as breathing, but saying that I gotta ask. Does it mean anything in particular if you don't know your own sexual orientation? :B
Ooh, good question. Not sure. Offhand, I'd say no, but that's just because it's Abel. Otherwise, no idea. Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful.

Emerauld Drathmir

*sniffle*

I just want to give him a hug.

*sniffle*  Darn you Amber!  I didn't want to bring out the kleenex yet!  *sniffle*
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Lady Buggery

Abel's actually the reason I started reading the comic again, his seductive capabilities are absolute. Though as a female its a bit hard to go gay for Abel xD. Unless he's hiding something more sinister under his skirt...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Redwing X on October 03, 2008, 01:40:55 PM
Though as a female its a bit hard to go gay for Abel xD.
It's been done.  Someone posted a female version of Abel, but I can't remember who or where it is...

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2008, 01:42:16 PM

It's been done.  Someone posted a female version of Abel, but I can't remember who or where it is...

It was Amber.  http://www.missmab.com/WRY/YHelloThar.jpg

Jairus

Amber did.

Well, not quite, but close enough. Now, the question is, could a lesbian go "straight for Abel?"

EDIT:
Quote from: AndersW on October 03, 2008, 01:47:01 PM

It was Amber.  http://www.missmab.com/WRY/YHelloThar.jpg
Right, forgot that one.

Lady Buggery

Well that would be rule 36 is it? in action I suppose...though I'd much rather be straight for male abel xD. More thingies of interest in my opinion :P. Or I also don't mind countless men being gay for Abel, as it is hot and can be viewed with popcorn behind a two-way mirror XD

Ghostwish

Lucheek

I'm guessing that Fa'Lina read Abel's mind (emotionless) and found out what he wanted (Academy-related) and gave him his emotion back. Amber said Fa'Lina doesn't like doing that, so I doubt she would "waste time" waiting for him to actually speak.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jairus

Quote from: Naldru on October 03, 2008, 04:27:04 PM
Quote from: LionHeart on October 03, 2008, 09:16:41 AM
Ohm my, I appear to have sparked off a cascade of puns here...
Shocking
Oh lighten up, it's not that shocking.

In other news... Abel's still a Woobie.

silentassassin

ANTIcarrot

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2008, 11:00:10 AM
Quote from: ANTIcarrot on October 03, 2008, 10:52:25 AM
Even with emotions taken away, someone that powerful and unstable is dangerous, and should be taken out back and shot for the good of society.
Murder is never the answer.  He needs help and rehabilitation.

<shrug> A person is the sum of their parts. If you take away the part of him that kills, or programme over it with magic, you've killed him anyway. And if you fail then by not taking useful action, then he'll commit murder again and you've helped him. What was your objection again? :rolleyes

I'm pretty much of the Norman school of thought when it comes to these things. :mowhappy
<carefully leans closer to the spinning coffin>
"What's that Mr Mendel? Kill chakat Goldfur? Shi's making a mockery of all your theories?"

Tapewolf

Quote from: ANTIcarrot on October 03, 2008, 04:52:56 PM
A person is the sum of their parts. If you take away the part of him that kills, or programme over it with magic, you've killed him anyway. And if you fail then by not taking useful action, then he'll commit murder again and you've helped him. What was your objection again? :rolleyes
The implication from what Fa'Lina is saying is that he was sane once, but isn't now.
That being the case, curing him, or otherwise having him redeem himself in some way isn't so much killing him (as he is now) so much as restoring him to how he used to be, and how he arguably should be.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2008, 04:57:01 PM
A person is the sum of their parts. If you take away the part of him that kills, or programme over it with magic, you've killed him anyway. And if you fail then by not taking useful action, then he'll commit murder again and you've helped him. What was your objection again? :rolleyes
The implication from what Fa'Lina is saying is that he was sane once, but isn't now.
That being the case, curing him, or otherwise having him redeem himself in some way isn't so much killing him (as he is now) so much as restoring him to how he used to be, and how he arguably should be.

As much as I hate Aniz (Dagardo won't kill him. I'll get there first), I think Fa'Lina may have actually been saying that he was borderline crazy, not quite full-blown quackers. Course, I think she also said he's getting harder and harder to predict, so maybe he just went off the deep end.

Either way, he still needs to die.

Dagardo

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2008, 04:57:01 PM

If Aniz should be sane again, there's is absolutely no guarantee he wouldn't become insane the very next day after after his insanity has been ''cured'', and thus we would be right back to square one.
@Ghostwish.
That all depends which one of us can beat the other more efficiently.
@Jairus
It's okay, thanks for trying. :) But Minishear thinks Amber started the whole gay for Abel thing, which she did, but this picture is why he thinks that. And also I have Dibs on Jyrras.

I also get the idea we should see Dan in this outfit more often. And for whatever reason Jyrras is happy. :)

mopman

When we meet Abel in the main storyline he is obviously having fun with the new Cubi ( Dan ) but at the same time he fusses over him like a parent over a child.

I mean he waits outside the room for him to wake up he uses humor and sarcasm to keep Dan from withdrawing into himself and he simple puts everything he has into making Dans adjustment come out ok.

You get a sense of the person from his actions , but until you read Abel's story you dont understand the driving need that he has to keep anyone from suffering as he did.

" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: mopman on October 03, 2008, 10:54:45 PM
When we meet Abel in the main storyline he is obviously having fun with the new Cubi ( Dan ) but at the same time he fusses over him like a parent over a child.

I mean he waits outside the room for him to wake up he uses humor and sarcasm to keep Dan from withdrawing into himself and he simple puts everything he has into making Dans adjustment come out ok.

You get a sense of the person from his actions , but until you read Abel's story you dont understand the driving need that he has to keep anyone from suffering as he did.

Kudos, this is a really insightful comment and I totally agree with it, nice job. Course makes you wonder, would Abel be a good father?

Prof B Hunnydew

As a side note, I noticed Abel's shirt is opened from behind. Like if he was wearing it backwards (front-side back)

It is open in the back for his wings.

I have to says Be carefull what you wish for.. you may get it...

Now, what next for little Abel....  Will he fall into Gothic mode?  comic#549   Being alone is not a good thing in Abel emotional state.  Which we can see in the last panel he has his emotions back.    :cry  so sad.....

PBH

DarkAudit

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on October 04, 2008, 10:56:53 AM

As a side note, I noticed Abel's shirt is opened from behind. Like if he was wearing it backwards (front-side back)

Now, what next for little Abel....  Will he fall into Gothic mode?  comic#549   Being alone is not a good thing in Abel emotional state.  Which we can see in the last panel he has his emotions back.    :cry  so sad.....

PBH

Cubi don't need to eat or sleep, but they still need to... go?  :mowdizzy
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: DarkAudit on October 04, 2008, 11:05:18 AM

PBH

They do not need eat, but they do eat, somethings and when they do they have to go to the restrooms.  Dan has live on Beer alone for a few years, but I am sure he needed to go.... :giggle

PBH

Lucheek

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on October 04, 2008, 11:10:21 AM
Quote from: DarkAudit on October 04, 2008, 11:05:18 AM

PBH

They do not need eat, but they do eat, somethings and when they do they have to go to the restrooms.  Dan has live on Beer alone for a few years, but I am sure he needed to go.... :giggle

PBH

Not to mention the fact that urination is not caused by liquid intake (but is affected.) It's actually caused by your kidneys filitering your blood. So aslong as cubi have kidneys and a circulation system, I would say- yes. Yes they do.

...this is of course assuming that reallist things like that apply to them.

Dagardo

Quote from: Lucheek on October 04, 2008, 01:22:26 PM
...this is of course assuming that reallist things like that apply to them.

I don't see any reason for them not to besides Amber.

Gamma

Yeah, it's a little fuzzy on how someone's physical body acts differently once they become more magically enhanced/based, save for the undead of course. :zombiekun2

Kidney function requires water obviously so at least some intake is also required. If nothing else to replace the amount used, other bodily processes would also require it but that's another lesson.
House and DMFA, the logical meeting the impossible. Glad it's not matter and anti-matter, or we'd get  :explosion

At any rate I only want to hug Abel's fluffy tail. I'm a very simple person, GET FLUFFY!
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Lego3400

First thing I thought when I read this... "Holy... Abel's got alot of hair" (On his head. The fact that he has fur is totally unrelated.