10/02/08 [Perfect Date #1] - The cow goes muuuuuooooooo

Started by AndersW, October 01, 2008, 10:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagardo

Yes, but if he found it by himself without asking on this forum, illegal or not, we wouldn't have a say in the matter.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dagardo on October 04, 2008, 09:49:15 PM
Yes, but if he found it by himself without asking on this forum, illegal or not, we wouldn't have a say in the matter.

Of course not. He asked for a link, though. Hence clarifying which links are acceptable and which not...

After all, a trial version of Macromedia Flash would fit the bill; I don't claim I know for certain that such a thing doesn't exist...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dagardo

*edit* I'd say yes. Yes it would be.

As an aside note: Did anyone but me hear the part where I said End of Story? That does not mean "keep working on it regardless"

Nekoboy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 04, 2008, 10:09:34 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on October 04, 2008, 09:49:15 PM

Of course not. He asked for a link, though. Hence clarifying which links are acceptable and which not...

After all, a trial version of Macromedia Flash would fit the bill; I don't claim I know for certain that such a thing doesn't exist...

Umm...k? ?.? I'm getting lost here...

Naldru

You can get the software for Java applets for free.  Many of the online games that you see listed use Java applets.  I would try building an applet before I tried using Flash.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Pheonix-IV

JAVA APPLETS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *fades off into distance*

Howl

A flash game would be neat, as for talking about It, I'd not know what I was talking about.

Dagardo

Quote from: Minishear on October 05, 2008, 02:45:19 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 04, 2008, 03:43:31 PM
As for the whole flash game. It isn't gonna happen. I am not even going to pretend like there is a chance.  In the past several people have come along talking about doing some sort of DMFA game related thing. Sometimes its an RPG, sometimes its a fighting game, sometimes its a dating sim.  And it always happens that people get worked up and excited...but it always falls flat on the actual work-progress.  So I decided that I am not going to waste my time or the forums time.  If I ever want to do a game, I will look into it myself. But I have little desire to do so at this time.  End of story.

No games, huh? Really now, if you work on a sim, you could just do the artwork, and get someone else to work with menus and the such. Make it one of those where the only animation is changing a pose and facial expression to denote emotion. If that doesn't make sense, I apologize.

It's not that she cant do the artwork, its that she doesn't have the time. I know you aren't one to pay attention but that's just ridiculous. By the way, Pheonix-IV, your avatar disturbs me greatly.

Naldru

A great many people dramatically underestimate how much time is involved in creating a computer game.  There is also the issue that the only comics that translate well to computer games are those involving combat or racing games.

Here is a list of what would be practical

Puzzle games such as Sudoku, Concentration, and sliding tiles (The one where one space is blank and you have to move the other tiles to create an image.)  that would use images of characters in the game.  Since these would use existing art work, they wouldn't be much of a demand on Amber's time.  Although I haven't checked, there may be some open-source computer programs out there where all you would have to do would be to add the images.  Other possibilities would be Hangman and games similar to "Wheel of Fortune".

A "Which  Character are You?" game where the user would answer a set of questions and the computer program would then state which character the person most closely resembled in terms of personality.  (I'm not sure I would want to meet the person whose personality resembles that of Kria or Wildy.)

A word find game where you would have to find words and names related to the strip in a block of letters.

Connect the dot pictures

Coloring book type pages

Mazes (help Alexsis find her hammer)

Games with a plot such as the following:  Mab has decided to make brownies for everybody at the Lost Lake Inn.  Help Dan and Abel intercept all of the brownies before they reach the patrons of the Lost Lake Inn.

Educational games with Fa'lina as the host.  (She does run a school)

Mix and match type games where you could take the head of one character, the body of a second, and the legs of a third.

Now, when I say practical, I don't mean quick or easy.  However, you might be able to find open-source code into which you could drop images.  I also realize that this isn't what many of the readers had in mind.

Having a role-playing game using computers or rule sets such as GURPS or D20 (an open-source Dungeons and Dragons) would be a very large amount of work.  There are online comics where there are much larger groups of people that have been in the processing of generating a GURPS version for years.

By the way, there are a great many avatars here that disturb me greatly.  However, I rely on the morals of the moderators to exclude those that cross the line.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alterationartist

Round 9!

DarkAudit

The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Ghostwish

Of course! It all makes sense now! The murderer is-

Dagardo

You with a plate of food at a gathering of some sort.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Dagardo on October 06, 2008, 12:13:27 PM

As the joke sails miles above his head.  :B

Mischa

DarkAudit

Dagardo

Quote from: DarkAudit on October 06, 2008, 02:06:49 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on October 06, 2008, 12:13:27 PM

As the joke sails miles above his head.  :B

I was just referencing Clue.

Damaris

hmm.  I do have to agree that some of the avatars I'm seeing here are not quite appropriate for a PG forum.  I'll give it a few hours for people to change them on their own.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Ghostwish

Quote from: Damaris on October 06, 2008, 05:28:45 PM
hmm.  I do have to agree that some of the avatars I'm seeing here are not quite appropriate for a PG forum.  I'll give it a few hours for people to change them on their own.

Hey! My avatar is perfectly fine, thank you very much! You leave Mr. Chuckles alone!

Nekoboy

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 06, 2008, 07:56:21 PM

Hey! My avatar is perfectly fine, thank you very much! You leave Mr. Chuckles alone!

I dont see your avatar? ?.?

DarkAudit

Quote from: Nekoboy on October 07, 2008, 05:45:30 PM

You need a bigger monitor. One about the size of Godzillatron will do.  >:3

Ghostwish

Quote from: DarkAudit on October 07, 2008, 08:33:13 PM
Quote from: Nekoboy on October 07, 2008, 05:45:30 PM

You need a bigger monitor. One about the size of Godzillatron will do.  >:3

MUST. BE. BIGGER!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ghostwish

O.o Uhm, yes, why yes I did. Who dun ate it!? *fixes*

Edit: Okay, that was bizarre. I know I placed it at the bottom, yet, somehow, my comment managed to make its way into the middle of the post. O.o Forums are bad for your health, mkay.