09/24/08 [DMFA #938] - The sign says 'No Solicitors'

Started by Jairus, September 23, 2008, 10:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Well, offhand I'd say they've found the right house. I do like how Dan was waiting to see if whoever was inside was genuinely hostile, and that he doesn't really trust Biggs or his information. Poor cute clueless little Fi... or maybe this is just her Warp-Aci weirdness shining through.

Looking forward to hearing what the craziness is, Amber.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jairus on September 23, 2008, 10:30:39 PM
Looking forward to hearing what the craziness is, Amber.

... you mean other than unexpected?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Naldru

With this strip, the unexpected is always expected.

However, remember Dan thinks the information came from Biggs, but it actually came from his mother.  So should we expect the kind of surprises that Dark Pegasus would supply or the kind of surprise that Destania would supply.

Destania is the kind of person who would arrange a combination surprise birthday party and combat training exercise.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ghostwish

Dan, Dan, Dan. When are you going to learn to never ring the bell, but knock? Can't set off any triggers that way. :)

Lowde

Quote from: Ghostwish on September 23, 2008, 11:08:21 PM
Dan, Dan, Dan. When are you going to learn to never ring the bell, but knock? Can't set off any triggers that way. :)

What if the door is magical and turn into a giant wooden golem once it's knocked?

What? It can happen!

Angel

It's peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time...

...Now, does this house belong to DP, or the dude(s) who resurrected him? And will Dan's robe modifications lessen his strength against magic blasts?

Quote from: Lowde on September 23, 2008, 11:25:58 PM

What if the door is magical and turn into a giant wooden golem once it's knocked?

What? It can happen!

Nah. It'd be cooler if the doorbell was a soundwave-manipulating Transformer made by Jyrras.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Jairus

Quote from: Black_angel on September 24, 2008, 01:10:22 AM
...Now, does this house belong to DP, or the dude(s) who resurrected him? And will Dan's robe modifications lessen his strength against magic blasts?
One problem: Dan's not wearing his robe. He's just wearing a shirt.

Uh-oh. Maybe he can just pull it out of the same place he keeps his sword and that deck of cards.

Quote from: Lowde on September 23, 2008, 11:25:58 PM

What? It can happen!

Nah. It'd be cooler if the doorbell was a soundwave-manipulating Transformer made by Jyrras.
Ah, Jyrras would never build something like that... for a bad guy. I wouldn't be surprised if his doorbell was like that, however. A part of his house's defense network, perhaps...

Pheonix-IV

Kipiru

Zedd

Watch for the last step, It's a loo-loo!

This is why I would knock on the door with rocks...

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jairus on September 24, 2008, 01:12:24 AM

Uh-oh. Maybe he can just pull it out of the same place he keeps his sword and that deck of cards.

I think Abel would be able to reassemble any disrupted enchantments during the alteration process.
Dan has much more experience than in the just-finished flashback, not to mention new cubi abilities, so the enchanted robe may not be needed so much any more.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Dagardo

Quote from: AmigaDragon on September 24, 2008, 03:20:00 AM
Quote from: Jairus on September 24, 2008, 01:12:24 AM

I think Abel would be able to reassemble any disrupted enchantments during the alteration process.
Dan has much more experience than in the just-finished flashback, not to mention new cubi abilities, so the enchanted robe may not be needed so much any more.

Yeah, but the way he's been acting towards 'cubi I'd assume that he wouldn't use those abilities. He may not even need them, hes been getting along just fine without them up 'till now, course that all depends on what he may wind up fighting... but then why would he wind fighting anything since he got the directions from Dee. Unless its combat practice like Naldru says. But we'll just have to wait.

mopman

Horse eating a dragon?

Dragons are a lot bigger than horses right? and horses dont eat meat right? am I the only one who has a image burned into his head that he really would rather not have right now?    :erk
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Tapewolf

Quote from: mopman on September 24, 2008, 03:51:37 AM
Horse eating a dragon?
Dragons are a lot bigger than horses right? and horses dont eat meat right?
In Furrae, the meat-eating thing is not a given.  Remember Kria and Lorenda, after all.

What intrigues me is that the horse-eating-dragon motif strongly suggests that DP isn't exactly pro-dragon.  Since Dee certainly isn't either, why are they at odds?

As for the pit, I'm sure they got rid of the spikes or crocodiles after losing too many delivery men.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dagardo

Horse eating a dragon?

Dragons are a lot bigger than horses right? and horses dont eat meat right? am I the only one who has a image burned into his head that he really would rather not have right now?    :erk

No horses don't normally eat meat, but there are the Mares of Diomedes, the Giant King of Thrace in Greek Mythology. I say this because "man eaters" eat meat... :erk why does that sound so wrong?

Turnsky

Quote from: Dagardo on September 24, 2008, 04:18:36 AM
Horse eating a dragon?

No horses don't normally eat meat, but there are the Mares of Diomedes, the Giant King of Thrace in Greek Mythology. I say this because "man eaters" eat meat... :erk why does that sound so wrong?

there have been documented cases of horses eating meat, but this is more down to eccentricities, rather than carnivorous tendencies.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2008, 04:09:03 AM
What intrigues me is that the horse-eating-dragon motif strongly suggests that DP isn't exactly pro-dragon.  Since Dee certainly isn't either, why are they at odds?

As for the pit, I'm sure they got rid of the spikes or crocodiles after losing too many delivery men.
It could simply mean that demon horses (and demon pegasus) are the toughest dudes (or dudettes) around.

Lorenda and Kria aren't known to be safe for delivery men or door to door salesmen.

By now, Dan should know that doorbells aren't to be touched with a ten foot pole.  And eleven foot Hungarians are hard to find.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on September 24, 2008, 06:22:05 AM
It could simply mean that demon horses (and demon pegasus) are the toughest dudes (or dudettes) around.
Maybe, though DP isn't really the type to brag about how well 'ard he is, at least not going by the flashback.
Then again, it might not necessarily be DP's house.  It might belong to one of his top minions or something.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Pheonix-IV on September 24, 2008, 01:44:17 AM
It's ovbiously a crocodile pit.

... if so, knowing Dan he'll have borrowed a fiver off them in the past...

Lucheek

I wonder if that's good for the structural base of the house.

Alondro

*Charline ooos*  Can I buy the statue after Dan vanquishes whoever's in the house?  It'd be a centerpiece of my collection of carnivorous creations!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2008, 04:09:03 AM

You got me thinkin'.. what if they're NOT at odds? I'm starting to see a rather wide-spread conspiracy to wipe out the dragons here! :D

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ghostwish on September 24, 2008, 09:25:39 AM
You got me thinkin'.. what if they're NOT at odds? I'm starting to see a rather wide-spread conspiracy to wipe out the dragons here! :D
If they're not at odds, ordering her son to kill him is a very strange way of Dee forming an alliance with Dark Pegasus.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2008, 09:27:57 AM
If they're not at odds, ordering her son to kill him is a very strange way of Dee forming an alliance with Dark Pegasus.

That depends entirely upon how likely she thinks it is that he'll succeed...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 24, 2008, 09:53:11 AM
That depends entirely upon how likely she thinks it is that he'll succeed...
Since he killed him twice already and thwarted him at least one other time, I figured she knew he was in with a good chance.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Not if she warned DP he was coming, and how he was going to attack...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 24, 2008, 10:04:28 AM
Not if she warned DP he was coming, and how he was going to attack...
Does she know how he's going to attack?  Also, I don't think he's alive yet.

As an aside, Abel instructed Fi to instruct him if Dan did anything stupid and/or dangerous, which he has and Fi hasn't.  That should make for a very interesting conversation when they return.

Alondro

But if she warned Dp or his allies that Dan's coming, then that would mean Dee wants Dan dead?   :confused

That kinda wouldn't make sense...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2008, 10:08:09 AM
Does she know how he's going to attack?  Also, I don't think he's alive yet.

As an aside, Abel instructed Fi to instruct him if Dan did anything stupid and/or dangerous, which he has and Fi hasn't.  That should make for a very interesting conversation when they return.

I was thinking predictions, rather than knowing. After all, Destania knows Dan probably better than he knows himself, what with having watched him grow up etc... and being able to read his mind the whole way...

Quote from: Alondro on September 24, 2008, 10:09:19 AM
But if she warned Dp or his allies that Dan's coming, then that would mean Dee wants Dan dead?   :confused

That kinda wouldn't make sense...

Depends. If they're secretly in cahoots, she can ask them to provide Dan with a reason to grow up a bit...